Time to go QB shopping

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You should draft a QB EVERY YEAR IN THE TOP THREE ROUNDS.

QB CONTRACTS KILL THE CAP.....

Not every year Jack. QBs take time to develop, even top picks and you really can't develop more then one properly so I'd say once every 3 years or so. Having said all of this, I do agree with you. The team should always be trying to develop young QBs and what's more, we should be challenging Dak and every other QB on the roster with those young guys. I am not a believer in not wanting to upset the Franchise QB. Screw that, bring those guys on and lets see what they got, I say.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It's a foreign word you're referring to called accountability. I mentioned in a different post that accountability is a fundamentally lacking foundationonal piece of this entire organization.

On the Owner/GM, head coach and quarterbackl levels.

To which ever game others watched, I found it I interesting that Coach LaFleur altered his defensive
playcalling to our own Marinellis BBDB style once the score reached 31-3. This made it appear as if the offense had received new life when in fact it was a calculated and correct strategy call by the coach to allow yardage and time clock useage to tick by in an effort to allow underneath stuff but not to the point of allowing 4 successful touchdown drives with the time that was remaining.

A good call on his part. A lot of those stats were meaningless fools gold. By now our fans should surely recognize and not confuse those window dressing stats with the previous 40 minutes of how his defense played. He made a calculated and correct coaching call to let it happen that way.

Ultimately, this type of defense is how Marinellis always plays, but unfortunately Rodgers has proven time and again that he can defeat it so game plans against him should be corrected. Again,they were not, so the team lost.

0*PCbE4DxTtuLBSZRC

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not every year Jack. QBs take time to develop, even top picks and you really can't develop more then one properly so I'd say once every 3 years or so. Having said all of this, I do agree with you. The team should always be trying to develop young QBs and what's more, we should be challenging Dak and every other QB on the roster with those young guys. I am not a believer in not wanting to upset the Franchise QB. Screw that, bring those guys on and lets see what they got, I say.
Well said...

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Doesn't matter who we have at quarterback. Rodgers to Brady. Behind this line they would suck also. Not to mention behind the even worse coaching staff.

csirl

Reaction score
I dont agree that its that hard to find a starting quality QB. Most NFL teams have a QB who is regarded as starting quality. Some, as we saw in New Orleans, have two !!!

Every offseason there are options available to acquire QBs - both in the draft and in free agency or trades. There were options this past offseason that the Cowboys chose not to pursue. There will be options next offseason.

I hate the defeatist attitude. If you dont try you'll never succeed.

jsb357

Reaction score
QB shopping with JG still around is throwing away good money.

luckily Jerry has a lot to throw around.

lk8701

Reaction score
Give Dak a non-exclusive franchise tag in the 2020 and 2021 offseasons. I don't think any team will bite in the 2020 offseason. However, if the Cowboys hire Lincoln Riley Dak's value will be very high in the 2021 offseason. Lincoln Riley can then groom a cheap 2021 1st round pick QB.

A non-exclusive franchise player may negotiate with other NFL teams, but if the player signs an offer sheet from another team, the original team has a right to match the terms of that offer, or if it does not match the offer and thus loses the player, is entitled to receive two first-round draft picks as compensation.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Referring to the last game, overall, it was a gutsy performance from Dak in a game where he had to overcome numerous obstacles which the Zone haters love to ignore.

He was without both of his starting tackles, constantly hurried and took some massive hits (NYJ registered eight QB hits).

Still, with all this against him, he finished 28 of 40 for 277 yards and a 73.5 QBR, which keeps him atop the QBR leaderboard this season on top of three carries for 11 yards and a touchdown.

Sorry for your hate. But the more you hate, the better Dak performs. :p