CFZ Time to pass the ball

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Dallas wins when Dak passes less than the team running. MM has it down....Texas Coast Offense. Run the rock.
Take the ball out of Daks hands. The game cannot come down where the only way to win is to rely on Dak to throw the ball.

T-RO

Reaction score
With the new hire of analytical staff, I think mike wants to lean on analytics for play calling

It's pure farce that fans here think Mike is an analytics guy, or is pushing the team in that direction. The minor addition to the analytics group wasn't spearheaded by him!

Here's what Big Mike said in 2020 when hired:
"I used to have a saying, and I probably shouldn't say it, but it was an old thought process -- not out of disrespect -- but it was to keep the analytics component in check. I used to say, 'statistics are for losers'," he said. "Because the only statistic that mattered was wins and losses."​
Mike says whatever he thinks he should to get a job or keep the boss happy. As he even admitted on camera. He lied about watching the Cowboys 2019 film. He lies about analytics--which he doesn't even begin to understand.

“Mike has one of the lowest IQs, if not the lowest IQ, of any coach I've ever had.”
--Aaron Rodgers​

T-RO

Reaction score
More McCarthy brilliance, LOL:

"It's very important, but the reality of how analytics are applied to your everyday operation, because we don't play football in an air conditioned room -- well, AT&T Stadium, I'm going to have to change my words there..."

Once more for emphasis:
“Mike has one of the lowest IQs, if not the lowest IQ, of any coach I've ever had.”
--Aaron Rodgers​

CCBoy

Reaction score
It's pure farce that fans here think Mike is an analytics guy, or is pushing the team in that direction. The minor addition to the analytics group wasn't spearheaded by him!

Here's what Big Mike said in 2020 when hired:
"I used to have a saying, and I probably shouldn't say it, but it was an old thought process -- not out of disrespect -- but it was to keep the analytics component in check. I used to say, 'statistics are for losers'," he said. "Because the only statistic that mattered was wins and losses."​
Mike says whatever he thinks he should to get a job or keep the boss happy. As he even admitted on camera. He lied about watching the Cowboys 2019 film. He lies about analytics--which he doesn't even begin to understand.

--Aaron Rodgers​
Yea, Rodgers...he kept your butt winning.

You could have moved on a very long period ago...as well. You enjoyed both the money and the trophies won. As I recall, came from Offensive Coordinator at San Francisco and made YOU the winner.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sorry excuse for having a dialogue. Do better. I know you can cuz you’re a good poster. What’s the real question you have?
some poster writes some biased opinion about Dak and the offense and you seem to take it as gospel.

kskboys

Reaction score
Ask him if you can just date his daughter and work for him, Ace...maybe where your place for an addition exactly is.

Above grace being bestowed in this thread, by yourself, he is a Cowboys member of the Hall of Fame.

Now run back to playing in the street and insult on coming cars... :popcorn:
You are strange, and not in a good way. Seeing that you're incapable of discussion, makes me wonder about your mental acuity issues. And when you turn to cheap insults, you've most obviously lost the discussion. Go away, child.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
This thread is only nominally about Dak. It is really about how to make the offense perform better. Since Dak is one of the offensive players, improving his performance is part of the equation. But it is also about changes in every other offensive unit. Getting the ball out in under 2.5 seconds means the receivers have to run routes differently. It means the blocking scheme doesn't have to hold on as long, but can be more aggressive. It is about Tight Ends and Receivers becoming outlet receivers when the outside routes don't develop properly. If you think this is ONLY about Dak, you are missing the point. Yes, Dak is a part of it - a big part of it. But it is about so much more than him.

Also, release time, and getting more protection from the line really have nothing to do with the issue either. Release times for all QB's are fractions of a second. Also, release times are more about throwing motion. Marino may have had a quick release, but his quick release once he decided to throw wouldn't matter if it takes 3.5 seconds for the play to develop before he decides to throw. Same with Romo, who had one of the quickest releases in NFL history. But how many times did Romo hold onto the ball, scrambling around and buying time before he quick released a pass? And if you get the ball out quickly, you don't need "better" blocking for long developing plays - so I am at a loss as to why that even came up in the discussion.

The issue is the design of the offense, not an individual QB performance. Coaches can design offensive plays to get the ball out more quickly. Tom Brady won 7 Super Bowls because he got the ball out quickly. All this discussion about Dak completely misses the point. The design of the offense has to change in order to get the ball out more quickly. That is on the coach, not the QB. And it includes the entire offense, not just the QB.