Time to put on our Big Boy Pants with Tank

AbeBeta

Reaction score
No.

I do not want him on the team at any price.

Dude is a cancer and a wack job.

A cancer?

He's a team leader.

There is nothing wrong with a player wanting the maximum deal he can get.

I swear, some of y'all just have other agendas.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Tank is a necessity when Quinn is the only other viable pass rusher we have. *
Tank is not a necessity.

With all the contracts coming up..

it does not take a Third Eye to see somebody is not going to get resigned.

Of all the guys, Tank has the least body of work that is clean.

Suspensions, injuries, now holdout.

It's not my money.

But I generally do not reward poor behavior with big contracts.

Whatever.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Mack is way better than DLaw, and I wouldn’t pay Mack that sum. People hate paying a QB 25 million, but are willing to pay a DE over 20 million. Not me! DE and pass rush are important, but not important enough to put that much into one player.

Agree Chuck with everything said.
PS that uniform that Chuck has on is and would be the best looking today in the game by far, if we still had that color scheme going on.

aria

Reaction score
Tank.

Glad you are not my doctor.

This is a cancer sprouting legs and doctor,

you are supposed to recognize cancer and order the surgery.

No?
I recognize the cancer that has been running this team for the past 30 years, do you not?

starfan1

Reaction score
I really don't think hes work more than 20 million. I would go ahead and bite the bullet for his 22.5 if it was only 50 guaranteed and you could get out of it in 2 years. I hope to be able to sign all the players we need and I have a sneaky suspicion that signing tank means Jones or Smith is gone.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Stephen should have had most of this worked out before the season ended. We knew tank wanted max money. Stephen should have been in talks with the agent early enough that is they were this far apart stephen could seek a trade while free agency was early and teams desperate. I don't think it's smart to pay a guy over 20million a year who's had 2 back surgeries and has decided not to do the shoulder surgery 2 years in a row even though you see his production dip the last half of each year. he's scarred of the surgery, which makes me nervous too.

If tank earns 22-25/year how many games can he miss before you say the deal is a bust?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I recognize the cancer that has been running this team for the past 30 years, do you not?
Well Fellers? Perhaps the "fire for effect" word of CANCER was inadvertently slammed home & popped off upon breach block lockup in the exasperated type of D.E. inducing foggy brain haze #90 is generating, for My RED BALL BROTHER is well aware the general purpose/ duel use verbiage to have been EXPRESS salvo'd off was " the present malfunctioning onboard casing-liner #90 is hereby deemed nonviable/ combat ineffective/unduly proving detrimental to the overall unit cohesion & focused readiness level currently required /immediately listed as G.I.A.(greed in action)

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
You might want to look in the mirror if your going to make statements like that. :rolleyes:
I'm sorry..what?

I suggest you go take a look at the Steelers fan sites.

They are up in arms about how the Bell and AB 'negotiations' went down.

The two biggest stars skated and left their fans grasping at air with 3rd and 5th Rd draft picks to show for it.

I see the same thing coming for us at some point..

That's the point of the thread.

But like usual around here..

people prefer to comment on the poster rather than discuss the point on merit.

:angry:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's beginning to look like Lawrence and his agent are wheeling and dealing themselves right out of a place at the table. Sometimes, getting too cocky and demanding can backfire on a guy! Let's see if that's the case in the weeks to come. In any event, I love what the Cowboys are doing! Needless to say, creating a fair amount of extra leverage can be a great thing if an employee gets too big for his britches! I'd say DL's clout just got a bit weaker. ;)

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
It’s the guaranteed money that is making this a no go for me.
Absolutely.

If he washes out..

that money is unretrievable.

And we all saw Ware have a bad shoulder that just got worst and worst and then his back..

and then he was gone and we ate his deal.

Took 2 years to come off the books.

You can not keep making the same mistakes and expect to win.

We also did the same thing with Ratliff a couple of years before Ware had his problems.

Paid out on a big contract and then the player got hurt and could or wouldn't play.

Had to eat that deal also.

So just watch what happens here, too.

Who can blame the Cowboys for being careful.

Been there..done that.

:omg:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
people need to tolerate a bit of uncertainty in business negotiations
Is that some kinda' ancient reverently held to bestowed knowledge or just some fresh knowledged view you've recently cabbaged up on during the last "happy hour" scheduled espionage meeting leader Xi ordered yer' attendance? ,,,PUTTYo_O