Time to Rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We should be doing both. Go all in over the next 2 years. Extend Dak just make sure it is a trade-able contract. Pay Lamb and go get a legit DT. All big contracts need to be trade-able period.

If it does not work that is ok. We gave it our best shot. Go into rebuild mode and trade everyone. Get $60m+ under the cap. Go 4-13 for 2 years accumulate a ton of picks. Rebuild the trenches first. Then get your young QB on a cheap contract. Keep him sheltered and buy time for him to grow and develop. The strategy should not be hard. Definitely difficult to execute, but what we are doing currently, trying to stay relevant and give false hope every year is getting old.
So if Dak refuses to sign without a non-trade cause, you're okay with cutting him!

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah I’ve lived through both scenarios I’ll take the 12-5 team we are now and see what moves we make this off-season to get us where we want before I judge. Disagree big time that a team that’s one of the youngest in the league isn’t going to get any better…that’s just silly. Bland’s hit his ceiling? Ceedee has hit his ceiling? Tyler smith at his ceiling? Ferguson is at his ceiling? Now maybe they get better and it’s not good enough…time will tell but to say they can’t get better is a bit ridiculous.

I find it ironic that so many here (not you specifically) scream about how bad the ownership is, the management is and our roster building is yet simultaneously want the team to go 5-12 so they can “start over” and build through the draft. How can it be that you trust such malcontents who run the franchise to start over?
Lol...I hear ya, we are screwed either way.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Two different situations....we don't have Herschal Walker or top draft picks....if you think it's the same thing, think again.
We have Jerry and Stephen and not Jimmy. The Jones buffoons have no clue.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
All future contracts need to be trade-able. Especially when forking our bid money. If they don't like it trade them or let them walk for comp
picks.
They can still get out of Daks deal.

A trade has the same cap hit as a post June 1 cut.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
2023 draft hurt.

Needed LT RB LB

Possibly Losing Tyron and Biadasz is not good.

Hankins gonna get paid too.

LVE haters won’t admit it, but he was missed.

Gallup gonna get cut.

DLaw near the end.

So is Martin.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
After reading Lamb's comment, Dak's situation, and Parsons wanting to get paid, is it logical to pay these guys as the top players of their positions if we can not win in the post season. Why pay this much to only continue to fail in the post season? Let's face it, the team is stuck and needs a face lift in a hurry. "Going all in" is just a joke. What is the difference between 12-5 and 5-12 if we flame out every post season? Finishing 5-12 gets us a high 1st rd pick. 12-5 gets us nothing but false hopes.
The time to rebuild would have been the day after Jerry canned MM, DQ and started his HC and DC hirings ASAP.. The first step.. he failed on MM and DQ left so freaking late, so he failed there too. This year is the year of running it back instead.

But i agree with your point that 12-5 is just a mirage of self worth and value, when you get kicked in the arse and are one and done. But Jerry seems to be actually OK with that because people are talking about him apparently, as a butt of a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.