Time to shut up and be positive - there's a lot to like here

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Our LB"s are awesome ...

Our DL is 2007 emerging ...

I like our TE's ....and I like this kid Schultz ...

I like Gallup and Cole's reemergence ....

I like Dak's fight ...he's tougher than a $2 steak .... don't forget his GOT BLASTED v Wash on an illegal hit went into the booth for protocol and bounced back - he fumbled like Aik in the EZ and got us in tying FG range .... dude is a baller...

And I love the fact Cooper is a Cowboy ....love it ....

Most importantly I love our division - we can win it ..

I also love that Garrett's *** is now in the jackpot ...he got his WR and his firing in ...this is truly his last hurrah ...

Don't forget Tom Coughlin was a joke in NYC ..fire Coughlin rallies ... until he caught a break and found a formula ....

So either we march our way into Glory ....or Garrett shats the bed and is canned ....

Win Win ....

Shut up and enjoy .... put your Doug Cosbie ( i bet I'm the only owner of one ) jersey on Monday and think positive ...

No more negative waves Moriarity ....

Love the double spacing and disjoined paragraphs.

Reminds me of me.

And I agree with a good bit of your post.

We do need to relax and see if this team responds to adversity or folds as usual.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Here's my pessimism:
#28 in takeaways (only 1 team worse)
#18 third down defensive efficiency
#26 passer rating allowed
#18 in sacks
#16 passer YPA allowed
#28 completion pct allowed

We only stop teams because they don't want to take chances because they know we have a truly pathetic offense. If we need a stop, we will not get it. We do not get pressure when it's needed.

I won't even bother posting the offensive vileness, it's too easy and way too depressing.
I think our D has made improvement this year, but some fans are way over rating it!! You are spot on. Our pass rush disappears at times and teams know our Offense is pathetic so they shut down their offense when they get a 2 score cushion. Our D better improve or the good offensive teams will move the ball consistently vs us.

Number1

Reaction score
Our LB"s are awesome ...

I like Dak's fight ...he's tougher than a $2 steak .... don't forget his GOT BLASTED v Wash on an illegal hit went into the booth for protocol and bounced back - he fumbled like Aik in the EZ and got us in tying FG range .... dude is a baller...

I also love that Garrett's *** is now in the jackpot ...he got his WR and his firing in ...this is truly his last hurrah ...

Don't forget Tom Coughlin was a joke in NYC ..fire Coughlin rallies ... until he caught a break and found a formula ....

So either we march our way into Glory ....or Garrett shats the bed and is canned ....

Win Win ....

Shut up and enjoy .... put your Doug Cosbie ( i bet I'm the only owner of one ) jersey on Monday and think positive ...

there are far more positives, one of the negative is a 3-4 record and that has to be the issue

"winning is the only thing"

I think Colombo is right - this is about getting nasty - not about a new "formula" - this is skinny the playbook and execute

the formula is a young athletic team and coach them up, gain momentum that takes intensity

this team is packed with freakish athletes, prototypes at their positions, a bargain D that's delivering ... the only thing missing here another play making S

if Colombo instills the attitude I expect in this OL - we're in the hunt

BTW, with 12 new faces on the O game day roster (that's called rebuilding) including 5 new WRs and 3 new TEs ... JJ didn't tell JG to deliver a title run or your gone.

this is the NFCE it will be settled in game 16 vs PHL, you gotta get rough to do that

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Our LB"s are awesome ...

Win Win ....

I appreciate your positivity. I prefer it to the doom and gloom chicken littles around here. Just be prepared to be blasted by some of them.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I think our D has made improvement this year, but some fans are way over rating it!! You are spot on. Our pass rush disappears at times and teams know our Offense is pathetic so they shut down their offense when they get a 2 score cushion. Our D better improve or the good offensive teams will move the ball consistently vs us.

We'll find out in the coming weeks. This Monday should be another crazy performance, the Titans are hapless on offense. Then it's some teams which can actually throw the ball.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I appreciate your positivity. I prefer it to the doom and gloom chicken littles around here. Just be prepared to be blasted by some of them.
I don't think we're blasting, just voicing a little different opinion.

And I may be negative in many ways about this team but I agree with essentially everything in that post.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
COPY!:thumbup:

:starspin::yourock::starspin:

*" There you go again, always hitting me those negative waves,Moriarty,,,, Why can't you say something beautiful & rightous,,, for once?,,,,,"CRAP":lmao:*

:(:huh::(
While the pangs of disappointment are short lived they are pangs nevertheless,,, the O.P. posted a still shot from "Oddball" of Kelly's Heroes & I delivered verbatim the best lines he laid down in that movie,,,er,,,with the exception of maybe,,,"take it easy big Joe,somma' these people got sensitive feelings, ya know ",,,or perhaps,,," Easy ,we got an army,we can fight",,, or possibly EVEN,,, "Oh no we ain't baby,do you know what's behind that door?,,, about 65 MILLION Deutschmarks",,,, and not even a single like or pulled quote,,, man, I think this is grounds for placing the THREADS originator/O.P.,,, on ignore:confused:

:facepalm:o_O:facepalm:

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Yep. That's some healthy pessimism alright. I'm glad football doesn't depress me like that.
I would say realistic, not pessimistic. Hard for some fans to see the truth through their Rose colored glasses. Basically the guy was posting some of our average to below average defensive stats and he didn’t want to talk about the pathetic offense. Personally, I would say our O’s main problem by far is Garrett and Linehan. If they improved their basic and predictable game plans this offense would be much better.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You lost me at liking our TE’s. But I will say the Cooper add, has me more interested than I was going to be otherwise.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
That's ridiculous, have you watched the games this year? We've been in every one. Teams are not holding back on our defense.
Yeah they are. Our last game vs the Skins, for example, on their last possession with a chance to end the game with one completion, they went SUPER conservative, kind of like Garrett, and ran the ball up the middle 3 times in a row. The Skins played SUPER conservative because the felt their D could stop our O. Our D will need to play better vs Philly, NO, and Atlanta. We will see soon.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Need to magically tap into that formula which gave us the 11 game win streak in a row, we had in 2016. Do that now, and we won the Super Bowl. ;)

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
You better shut up
You better not write
Better not pout
I'm telling you why
Mediocrity is coming... to town

He's playing some games
And winning them half ;
Gonna find out who's brown nosing and nice

jnday

Reaction score
Our LB"s are awesome ...

Win Win ....

You don’t have a realistic bone in your body, not that it matters.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Our LB"s are awesome ...

Win Win ....

right we need more support posts like this :) I realize it can become frustrating at times but it has gotten out of FN control of late with the doomsday fans..

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I think it’s okay to be critical when it’s a losing football team.

“There’s a lot to like!” Be careful, this is the mindset of perennially bad teams. Accepting what you got instead of what you could have.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
You better shut up
You better not write
Better not pout
I'm telling you why

He's playing some games
And winning them half ;
Gonna find out who's brown nosing and nice
Should be a best seller in Dallas.