Time to shut up and be positive - there's a lot to like here

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Yeah they are. Our last game vs the Skins, for example, on their last possession with a chance to end the game with one completion, they went SUPER conservative, kind of like Garrett, and ran the ball up the middle 3 times in a row. The Skins played SUPER conservative because the felt their D could stop our O. Our D will need to play better vs Philly, NO, and Atlanta. We will see soon.
I'm thinking Drew Brees will have shot our Defense so full of holes by middle of the 3rd quarter ,,,and,,,I would be euphoric were that not the caseo_O

* he is about the only Q.B. that can ( IMO) clearly outstrip our Offensive firepower ( except maybe Phillip Rivers),,, now why don't you just lay that big ol' "Like" on this post, to show yer' appreciation in the fact that I've took the time to read & even quote yer' post,there Crash#34o_O

:laugh::lmao::laugh:

VACowboy

Reaction score
I would say realistic, not pessimistic. Hard for some fans to see the truth through their Rose colored glasses. Basically the guy was posting some of our average to below average defensive stats and he didn’t want to talk about the pathetic offense. Personally, I would say our O’s main problem by far is Garrett and Linehan. If they improved their basic and predictable game plans this offense would be much better.
"Pessimism" was his word, not mine.

If you'd read my post you would know that, basically, I was just posting a list of top-three stats compiled by the Dallas defense so far and optimism for the offense based on hope that Garrett will be gone after this season, something your post tells me you and I agree on.

Yeah they are. Our last game vs the Skins, for example, on their last possession with a chance to end the game with one completion, they went SUPER conservative, kind of like Garrett, and ran the ball up the middle 3 times in a row. The Skins played SUPER conservative because the felt their D could stop our O.
Running the ball wIth 1:37 to go and up a FG is something COMPLETELY different than playing conservative football for an entire game because you don't think you need to score to win. I kind of doubt Jacksonville's plan was to play it conservative 'cause they thought they'd only need 7. I have a hard time believing the Washington brain trust looked at the film from week six and said "Oh, Dallas can't score a lick so we're gonna play it safe and not try real hard either." Being completely objective, I think the Washington coaches probably felt pretty good about their ability to limit Elliot and planned to focus on that, but based on the season to date had no idea what kind of challenge to expect from the Dallas O. And I can't see them designing an offensive game plan to score fewer points than usual even if they did. No way are teams going into games planning to throw less (or whatever "take fewer risks" means) based on what they think of the Dallas offense, not unless they're afraid of the Dallas D.

Last edited:

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I'm thinking Drew Brees will have shot our Defense so full of holes by middle of the 3rd quarter ,,,and,,,I would be euphoric were that not the caseo_O

* he is about the only Q.B. that can ( IMO) clearly outstrip our Offensive firepower ( except maybe Phillip Rivers),,, now why don't you just lay that big ol' "Like" on this post, to show yer' appreciation in the fact that I've took the time to read & even quote yer' post,there Crash#34o_O

:laugh::lmao::laugh:
I was about to send a like your way, but you said Crash#34. What? Sorry, no like this time.

Last edited:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Haters gonna hate. They live through hate filled glasses They are unable to be objective. They love to hate. They say 22 years of failure. They love that. They live that. They breath that. They enjoy that.
So in the 22 years of failure, which is fact, what have you seen each and every year?

Oh yeah, the same damn thing where you got sucked.

I say this because I care.

And no, I don't love, live or breathe it.

It is just the reality I am subjected to. I decide to speak about it rather than deny it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So in the 22 years of failure, which is fact, what have you seen each and every year?

It is just the reality I am subjected to. I decide to speak about it rather than deny it.
I guess you haven’t been paying attention. It’s easy to hate. It clouds the mind. It takes much more effort to reason and understand. IF you had been paying attention you would have seen the changes that have been taking place over the past 5 or so years. Stephen has taken over. Garrett for all his supposed faults has built a very physical team starting from the trenches out. They’ve certainly made some mistakes. The WR by committee has been a disaster. The hiring of Alexander as the OLC was a horrible hire. But they have drafted well. THey have admitted their mistake and gone out and obtained a 24 yr old true #1 WR. They have assembled a true playoff caliber defensive unit. IF you had been paying attention you would be able to see this. Unfortunately for this board, you and others take the easy way out and just focus on the hate. It’s a character issue. Those without much, are lazy and take the easy way out. It’s just what they, you, do.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I guess you haven’t been paying attention. It’s easy to hate. It clouds the mind. It takes much more effort to reason and understand. IF you had been paying attention you would have seen the changes that have been taking place over the past 5 or so years. Stephen has taken over. Garrett for all his supposed faults has built a very physical team starting from the trenches out. They’ve certainly made some mistakes. The WR by committee has been a disaster. The hiring of Alexander as the OLC was a horrible hire. But they have drafted well. THey have admitted their mistake and gone out and obtained a 24 yr old true #1 WR. They have assembled a true playoff caliber defensive unit. IF you had been paying attention you would be able to see this. Unfortunately for this board, you and others take the easy way out and just focus on the hate. It’s a character issue. Those without much, are lazy and take the easy way out. It’s just what they, you, do.

Indeed they have drafted well. This roster is loaded with young talent. 3-4.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Your wrong!! Explaining your displeasure over 22 years of mediocrity, and 8 years of Garrett, who has found every stupid way to lose imaginable, has nothing to do with one’s character. It’s human nature for winners to be frustrated with losers! Also, Garrett never admits his mistakes. He rationalizes them. BIG difference!!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Your wrong!! Explaining your displeasure over 22 years of mediocrity, and 8 years of Garrett, who has found every stupid way to lose imaginable, has nothing to do with one’s character. It’s human nature for winners to be frustrated with losers! Also, Garrett never admits his mistakes. He rationalizes them. BIG difference!!
It’s posters like you I was referring to. Always complaining about the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.........etc.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
It’s posters like you I was referring to. Always complaining about the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.........etc.
We complain about the same thing over and over and over and over again because we are tired of a HC and OC who do not learn from their lame mistakes. They rationalize them. You and your friends who are happy with mediocrity may love, “The Garrett Story- Ground Hog Day, Mediocrity Year after Year”, but most fans are tired of Garrett and his mediocrity.

kevm3

Reaction score
20 years of mediocrity and the same GM that got us those 20 years. Fans will be positive when the track history starts looking different.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Failure???..... I don't think you know what that word means

7 years of 10+ Wins
8 years of 8-9 Wins
7 losing seasons (3 were under Campo 2000-02)

aaev84

Reaction score
Our LB"s are awesome ...

Our DL is 2007 emerging ...

I like our TE's ....and I like this kid Schultz ...

I like Gallup and Cole's reemergence ....

I like Dak's fight ...he's tougher than a $2 steak .... don't forget his GOT BLASTED v Wash on an illegal hit went into the booth for protocol and bounced back - he fumbled like Aik in the EZ and got us in tying FG range .... dude is a baller...

And I love the fact Cooper is a Cowboy ....love it ....

Most importantly I love our division - we can win it ..

I also love that Garrett's *** is now in the jackpot ...he got his WR and his firing in ...this is truly his last hurrah ...

Don't forget Tom Coughlin was a joke in NYC ..fire Coughlin rallies ... until he caught a break and found a formula ....

So either we march our way into Glory ....or Garrett shats the bed and is canned ....

Win Win ....

Shut up and enjoy .... put your Doug Cosbie ( i bet I'm the only owner of one ) jersey on Monday and think positive ...

No more negative waves Moriarity ....

Shutup and enjoy... Been doing that and playing the optimist for what? 23 years now. These last couple of years and especially the under emphasis on Dak for the struggles and what Dallas has lost out of blind faith in him has been the last straw for me as a positive fan to be honest.

kento40

Reaction score
Dak is gamer! He’s so tough! Well I guess that means we should just give him that new contract then and wish upon a star that he returns to 2016 form.

TWOK11

Reaction score

If we win another SB someday you’ll be nowhere to be found.