CFZ Time to smell this coffee

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here are some brutally honest statistics about the Cowboys I wish this Jones front office would be forced to consume this evening:
  • The Cowboys are 3-5 in their last 8 games going back to last December.
  • The Cowboys are 0-3 in their last 3 home games.
  • Those last 3 home gameshave given us these brutal stats:
    • Averaging giving up 40 points a game…at home!
    • Averaging giving up 202 yds per game on the ground.
    • Opponents have scored 17 TDs against our Defense in this 0-3 stretch.
    • Opponents have scored on 22 of 27 possessions in those last 3 games at home.
  • Our last home win was on Christmas Eve last December.
Those stats are not an accident or a “couple of bad weeks against good opponents”. Those stats above are now what you call a trend or some really, really bad habits. The biggest problem we have (after the owner/GM) is this is not a very good roster. And although it’s only 3 games and normally too early to write a team off, this one might be the exception.

Here’s the final brutal truths:
  • There will not be any cavalry riding to rescue this team.
  • Scheme won’t fix it.
  • Picking up a DT or two from the NFL trash heap won’t fix it.
  • Trading for a RB (probably less talented than the 5 good ones we passed up in the draft in rounds 4-7) won’t fix it.
  • Firing Mike McCarthy (though deserved) won’t help.
  • This culture is putrid. And it reflects the owner and his entitled children.
This is not a very good roster. Buckle your seats kids. This could get ugly.

Mannix

Reaction score
Last year, I listed all the teams we had beaten in a row at home and warned that 90%+ of them were trash teams…I’m too lazy to do it again, but I was 100% correct. We have NEVER had a home field advantage in that joke of a stadium…starting in game 1 when Eli pulled down their pants!!!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is not a good football team.

No good teams have such glaring weaknesses this early into a season and then go do big things.
If you cannot run the ball or stop the run you won’t make the playoffs much less win a playoff game. If we had Patrick Mahomes and this roster it wouldn’t be much better. He has a great D in KC.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Here are some brutally honest statistics about the Cowboys I wish this Jones front office would be forced to consume this evening:
Those stats are not an accident or a “couple of bad weeks against good opponents”. Those stats above are now what you call a trend or some really, really bad habits. The biggest problem we have (after the owner/GM) is this is not a very good roster. And although it’s only 3 games and normally too early to write a team off, this one might be the exception.

• Scheme won’t fix it.
  • Trading for a RB (probably less talented than the 5 good ones we passed up in the draft in rounds 4-7) won’t fix it.
What floors me is there aren’t any fixes since GB. I mean overall we have 3-5 highest paid talking heads that garner a lot of the resources and time and it the chemistry isn’t there it’s ugly. Weirdly I felt like the end of Garrett was the end of a “phase” but I feel like it maybe never left and it’s trickled down into the players that were left and then whomever else came in. Many similar excuses

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Just listened to Jerry’s post game presser and he continues to spin it’s not the talent it’s technical problems on defense. He said he likes his DL. :rolleyes: He doesn’t see any reason for personnel changes. He continues to spin the players will get better. He’s one of the most discouraging people to listen to. If he actually believes what he’s saying, we’re in real trouble.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What floors me is there aren’t any fixes since GB. I mean overall we have 3-5 highest paid talking heads that garner a lot of the resources and time and it the chemistry isn’t there it’s ugly. Weirdly I felt like the end of Garrett was the end of a “phase” but I feel like it’s trickled down into the players that were left and then whomever else came in. Many similar excuses
It’s interesting that tonight on the SNF broadcast Jason Garrett called the Cowboys an “un-physical football team”. The short version of that is much simpler: SOFT.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
Some of us were saying this since the Green Bay debacle.

The team should have been blown up after that nonsense.

Instead, our narcissistic owner doubled down on this pile of crap.
Yep. They had the perfect opportunity to play the waiting game with Dak and start a much needed rebuild but in true Joneses fashion, they ruined it by doing the complete opposite.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep. They had the perfect opportunity to play the waiting game with Dak and start a much needed rebuild but in true Joneses fashion, they completely ruined it by doing the complete opposite.
And…it is a complete lie that they couldn’t afford Derrick Henry or other needed FAs. They lie when they say that. They could have restructured several contracts - in fact they could have cleared $20 mil in cap space but they chose not to.

Im not saying Derrick Henry would save this team. They have way more holes than that. I’m just sick of the Jones boys lying to fans that they “couldn’t afford” to sign FAs. That is literally a lie.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

• Scheme won’t fix it.
It already is ugly.....Watching players point fingers @ one another.....the back stabbing. The scapegoating....the owner hiding. The head coach looking bewildered....What more does anyone need to see? This might be the lowest this franchise has been in it's 64 years...There literally is no hope going forward.....not with all these bad contracts...and aging players.

It's a cancer ridden franchise....rotten to the core. There is no fixing this. This is the kind of crap you blow up. Trade all assets...and burn it to the ground like Jimmy did. Problem is.....Jerry doesn't have the nerve to do it...Nor does he have the fortitude to see it through again. Hell...He could barely hire a defensive coordinator. This needs a new director....and new direction.

The remedy couldn't be more clear..... :popcorn:

kskboys

Reaction score
I wanted to bring in Brian Flores. But ppl here still think jerry knows what he's doing
No they don't. You have maybe 3 little mamby pambys who still defend him, and even their words are sounding more and more empty.

90% of the people on this site do not believe Jerry has a clue as to what he's doing. Start a poll.