CFZ Time to smell this coffee

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
A lot of talk here on how the Cowboys are an elite drafting team and have one of the most talented rosters in the league.

You can't blow basically the entire 2023 draft and act like it didn't happen. If you rely on the draft for talent additions, and then you have a disastrous draft like 2023, it means you blew a huge opportunity to improve.

As far as overall roster talent, the DT and RB groups are amongst the worst in the league. You are also starting a 5th round rookie at Corner. I know that's due to injury, but the FO could have brought Gilmore back to ensure they had quality depth there. WR depth is not great. I would also add that overall team speed seems lacking.

Also, almost every week this team enters a game with a glaring coaching disadvantage.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Some of us were saying this since the Green Bay debacle.

The team should have been blown up after that nonsense.

Instead, our narcissistic owner doubled down on this pile of crap.

It looked so promising too.

Honestly I was perfectly fine with this off season all the way up until they re-signed Dak.

This was the offseason to begin a rebuild and reload the foundation of the team.

And they blew it. They freaking blew it.

I wouldn’t even care about being 1-2 and looking bad if they were actively doing a rebuild. Because at least it would be part of a long term plan.

But instead they re-sign the QB and punt on trying to improve any other part of the roster.

Just awful

plasticman

Reaction score
Here are some brutally honest statistics about the Cowboys I wish this Jones front office would be forced to consume this evening:
  • The Cowboys are 3-5 in their last 8 games going back to last December.
  • The Cowboys are 0-3 in their last 3 home games.
  • Those last 3 home gameshave given us these brutal stats:
    • Averaging giving up 40 points a game…at home!
    • Averaging giving up 202 yds per game on the ground.
    • Opponents have scored 17 TDs against our Defense in this 0-3 stretch.
    • Opponents have scored on 22 of 27 possessions in those last 3 games at home.
  • Our last home win was on Christmas Eve last December.
Those stats are not an accident or a “couple of bad weeks against good opponents”. Those stats above are now what you call a trend or some really, really bad habits. The biggest problem we have (after the owner/GM) is this is not a very good roster. And although it’s only 3 games and normally too early to write a team off, this one might be the exception.

Here’s the final brutal truths:
  • There will not be any cavalry riding to rescue this team.
  • Scheme won’t fix it.
  • Picking up a DT or two from the NFL trash heap won’t fix it.
  • Trading for a RB (probably less talented than the 5 good ones we passed up in the draft in rounds 4-7) won’t fix it.
  • Firing Mike McCarthy (though deserved) won’t help.
  • This culture is putrid. And it reflects the owner and his entitled children.
This is not a very good roster. Buckle your seats kids. This could get ugly.
Your last point about the culture is the central issue and it has been that way since Jimmy Johnson walked out the door.

Firing the HC will change absolutely nothing because it does not address the one common reality for over 25 years of mediocrity.

The GM of this team does not prioritize winning over everything else in this franchise. He is not focused and committed to fulfilling the duties, commitments and expectations that come with the title.

In addition, as the owner, Jerry Jones has not fulfilled his obligation to the patrons of his sports franchise and the community his team is supposed to represent. This was an obligation he accepted and expressed during his very first news conference after buying the franchise.

"I just want to say this. There is no substitute for winning.....We must win.....We will win......Win is the name of the game."

stiletto

Reaction score
They'll win 7 or 8 games. It's a first place schedule this year. They aren't beating any of the playoff teams. Will win a couple against the NFC Least or any other bottom feeders. If they lose to the Giants Thursday, all bets are off. Will be in the top 10 pick talk....

MojaveJT

Reaction score
That signing still makes zero sense.
It really doesn’t and years from now they will look back upon this signing as one of the worst in Cowboys history.

I’m not saying Dak shouldn’t have gotten a contract (I didn’t want to sign him at all) but for what he brings to the table absolutely DID NOT deserve to break the records. It’s honestly mind blowing.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
A lot of talk here on how the Cowboys are an elite drafting team and have one of the most talented rosters in the league.

You can't blow basically the entire 2023 draft and act like it didn't happen. If you rely on the draft for talent additions, and then you have a disastrous draft like 2023, it means you blew a huge opportunity to improve.

As far as overall roster talent, the DT and RB groups are amongst the worst in the league. You are also starting a 5th round rookie at Corner. I know that's due to injury, but the FO could have brought Gilmore back to ensure they had quality depth there. WR depth is not great. I would also add that overall team speed seems lacking.

Also, almost every week this team enters a game with a glaring coaching disadvantage.
You also can't have undrafted TEs taking reps from 2nd round picks....then committing penalties. I don't get why they rarely play Ferg and Schoon together.....

ArtClink

Reaction score
Here are some brutally honest statistics about the Cowboys I wish this Jones front office would be forced to consume this evening:
Those stats are not an accident or a “couple of bad weeks against good opponents”. Those stats above are now what you call a trend or some really, really bad habits. The biggest problem we have (after the owner/GM) is this is not a very good roster. And although it’s only 3 games and normally too early to write a team off, this one might be the exception.

• Scheme won’t fix it.
  • Trading for a RB (probably less talented than the 5 good ones we passed up in the draft in rounds 4-7) won’t fix it.
In Jones we trust.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Your last point about the culture is the central issue and it has been that way since Jimmy Johnson walked out the door.

Firing the HC will change absolutely nothing because it does not address the one common reality for over 25 years of mediocrity.

The GM of this team does not prioritize winning over everything else in this franchise. He is not focused and committed to fulfilling the duties, commitments and expectations that come with the title.

In addition, as the owner, Jerry Jones has not fulfilled his obligation to the patrons of his sports franchise and the community his team is supposed to represent. This was an obligation he accepted and expressed during his very first news conference after buying the franchise.

"I just want to say this. There is no substitute for winning.....We must win.....We will win......Win is the name of the game."
Preach it brother!

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
And…it is a complete lie that they couldn’t afford Derrick Henry or other needed FAs. They lie when they say that. They could have restructured several contracts - in fact they could have cleared $20 mil in cap space but they chose not to.

Im not saying Derrick Henry would save this team. They have way more holes than that. I’m just sick of the Jones boys lying to fans that they “couldn’t afford” to sign FAs. That is literally a lie.
The fans need to proclaim the truth with their wallet, it's long overdue. The FO has been intentionally subverting it's on field product for years, but the fans appear to be comfortable in their sheepdom.

rambo2

Reaction score
Last year, I listed all the teams we had beaten in a row at home and warned that 90%+ of them were trash teams…I’m too lazy to do it again, but I was 100% correct. We have NEVER had a home field advantage in that joke of a stadium…starting in game 1 when Eli pulled down their pants!!!
Congratulations

garyo1954

Reaction score

• Scheme won’t fix it.
We'll know when Booger is ready to fix it by his hiring an aggressive coach and letting the coach do the job.

When he wanted to prove his football acumine and win a Super Bowl he hired Jimmy. When his goal was achieved jimmy became useless and cannon fodder,

When he wanted a new stadium he hired Bill. That romance was done when he got the stadium.

Booger didn't sign this QB to appease the fans. Booger signed his pet to show the fans he is in charge.

Booger only does things for himself. So the next time he hires a strong, aggressive coach, ask yourself, "What does Booger want this time?"

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
No they don't. You have maybe 3 little mamby pambys who still defend him, and even their words are sounding more and more empty.

90% of the people on this site do not believe Jerry has a clue as to what he's doing. Start a poll.
Boycotting needs to be spearheaded by those with a voice, I'm talking a mass exodus of tickets, jerseys, memorabilia etc...