CFZ Time to smell this coffee

krs1bro

Reaction score
Some of us were saying this since the Green Bay debacle.

The team should have been blown up after that nonsense.

Instead, our narcissistic owner doubled down on this pile of crap.
After yesterdays game Dak said for DC fans to jump off the band wagon. I did that after the GB game but still follow here in the forum just because I have been a fan since 1967.
I watched some very good NFL games yesterday that reaffirmed that this team has no drive or hart and soul. Starts from the top for dam sure and this is the product were going to have moving forward. The only way this changes is if JJ sales the team and rides off in the sunset with the $$$. I feel the pain for the fans here.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Here are some brutally honest statistics about the Cowboys I wish this Jones front office would be forced to consume this evening:
  • The Cowboys are 3-5 in their last 8 games going back to last December.
  • The Cowboys are 0-3 in their last 3 home games.
  • Those last 3 home gameshave given us these brutal stats:
    • Averaging giving up 40 points a game…at home!
    • Averaging giving up 202 yds per game on the ground.
    • Opponents have scored 17 TDs against our Defense in this 0-3 stretch.
    • Opponents have scored on 22 of 27 possessions in those last 3 games at home.
  • Our last home win was on Christmas Eve last December.
Those stats are not an accident or a “couple of bad weeks against good opponents”. Those stats above are now what you call a trend or some really, really bad habits. The biggest problem we have (after the owner/GM) is this is not a very good roster. And although it’s only 3 games and normally too early to write a team off, this one might be the exception.

Here’s the final brutal truths:
  • There will not be any cavalry riding to rescue this team.
  • Scheme won’t fix it.
  • Picking up a DT or two from the NFL trash heap won’t fix it.
  • Trading for a RB (probably less talented than the 5 good ones we passed up in the draft in rounds 4-7) won’t fix it.
  • Firing Mike McCarthy (though deserved) won’t help.
  • This culture is putrid. And it reflects the owner and his entitled children.
This is not a very good roster. Buckle your seats kids. This could get ugly.
I just walked outside to my pasture....took a big whiff of my coffee and all I could smell was the morning aroma of bull manure! Gonna be a great week!
LOL

Creeper

Reaction score
Here are some brutally honest statistics about the Cowboys I wish this Jones front office would be forced to consume this evening:
Those stats are not an accident or a “couple of bad weeks against good opponents”. Those stats above are now what you call a trend or some really, really bad habits. The biggest problem we have (after the owner/GM) is this is not a very good roster. And although it’s only 3 games and normally too early to write a team off, this one might be the exception.

• Scheme won’t fix it.
  • Trading for a RB (probably less talented than the 5 good ones we passed up in the draft in rounds 4-7) won’t fix it.
We like to put the blame on the poor run defense on the DTs, and they certainly do deserve some of the blame. But I have to tape the game yesterday and watch it later so I had a chance to rewind and watch every play focusing on what went wrong. The Ravens were inning outside or off the edges and they were successful because the Cowboys outside guys kept falling for the misdirections and fakes. They were running full speed inside while the play was going around them, or they were getting seal off after moving inside making the seal blocks easy. Not one Cowboys defense playing outside did a good job. I understand that Lamar is a super star and you have to respect him, that's not doing the job each player is assigned to do. Someone has to stay home and make sure the plays do not get outside on them.

The goats of this game were not the DTs. It was the DEs and LBs. It was the DBs playing way too far off the receivers.

That last drive by the Ravens to end the game. They had a 3rd down and 6. The Cowboys need a stop if they want any chance of getting the ball back with enough time to drive for a score. But Diggs is playing way off the receiver and lets him cut outside for a 9 yard reception and a 1st down. Diggs has got to be closer to that receiver and he has to make sure that pass is not complete. He was a half step late but that's the game. With the game on the line you can't play soft like that.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I said in the game thread that this collection of players and coaches is done.

Only things to do now are to ride out 4 more years of the worst contract in sports history, then blow it up and rebuild.

We are locked into 4 more years of this.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

• Scheme won’t fix it.
Yep.

As I posted yesterday:

It's going to be a looonnnggg season.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
We like to put the blame on the poor run defense on the DTs, and they certainly do deserve some of the blame. But I have to tape the game yesterday and watch it later so I had a chance to rewind and watch every play focusing on what went wrong. The Ravens were inning outside or off the edges and they were successful because the Cowboys outside guys kept falling for the misdirections and fakes. They were running full speed inside while the play was going around them, or they were getting seal off after moving inside making the seal blocks easy. Not one Cowboys defense playing outside did a good job. I understand that Lamar is a super star and you have to respect him, that's not doing the job each player is assigned to do. Someone has to stay home and make sure the plays do not get outside on them.

The goats of this game were not the DTs. It was the DEs and LBs. It was the DBs playing way too far off the receivers.

That last drive by the Ravens to end the game. They had a 3rd down and 6. The Cowboys need a stop if they want any chance of getting the ball back with enough time to drive for a score. But Diggs is playing way off the receiver and lets him cut outside for a 9 yard reception and a 1st down. Diggs has got to be closer to that receiver and he has to make sure that pass is not complete. He was a half step late but that's the game. With the game on the line you can't play soft like that.
Parsons was absolutely horrible yesterday...and he's the one going off shooting his mouth. He was fooled multiple times....had no clue where the football was...If I'm Zimmer...I bench him.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I said in the game thread that this collection of players and coaches is done.

Only things to do now are to ride out 4 more years of the worst contract in sports history, then blow it up and rebuild.

We are locked into 4 more years of this.
Thought the same thing....but I think if you designate these big contracts June 1st cuts...spread them out over 2 years...then you cam cut the rebuild in half if you completely fire sale this thing right down to the bone....Honestly think that's what it's gonna take to clean this garbage up.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

• Scheme won’t fix it.
Some of us anticipated this was going to be more of a transitional and or lame duck season.

We lost too much talent and didn’t address core weaknesses at RB and DT.

We are where I thought we’d be. And barring a total collapse and or major injuries I’d expect us to be fighting for a WC with 8 or 9 wins .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No they don't. You have maybe 3 little mamby pambys who still defend him, and even their words are sounding more and more empty.

90% of the people on this site do not believe Jerry has a clue as to what he's doing. Start a poll.
Right. But much like some of our Homers and Haters they are some of the more vocal voices all too often dominating the airwaves.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Parsons was absolutely horrible yesterday...and he's the one going off shooting his mouth. He was fooled multiple times....had no clue where the football was...If I'm Zimmer...I bench him.
Better yet trade him for a couple 1st round picks to a team who are much closer to contending.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just listened to Jerry’s post game presser and he continues to spin it’s not the talent it’s technical problems on defense. He said he likes his DL. :rolleyes: He doesn’t see any reason for personnel changes. He continues to spin the players will get better. He’s one of the most discouraging people to listen to. If he actually believes what he’s saying, we’re in real trouble.
loooooooooooooooooooooool

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He’s the best liar in professional sports.
No doubt like most public figures. But to some extent I think he actually believes in himself and what he’s doing.

He even believes Dak is Elite and this is talented enough team to contend for a SB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And…it is a complete lie that they couldn’t afford Derrick Henry or other needed FAs. They lie when they say that. They could have restructured several contracts - in fact they could have cleared $20 mil in cap space but they chose not to.

Im not saying Derrick Henry would save this team. They have way more holes than that. I’m just sick of the Jones boys lying to fans that they “couldn’t afford” to sign FAs. That is literally a lie.
Yes they could have . But if they didn’t then in principle they couldnt afford him.

That’s how our owner thinks . And he believes in it. And why to him he’s not lying. He actually believes it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you cannot run the ball or stop the run you won’t make the playoffs much less win a playoff game. If we had Patrick Mahomes and this roster it wouldn’t be much better. He has a great D in KC.
It wouldn’t be much better without a greater defense but we might not get blown out as much with a greater QB.

fivetwos

Reaction score
So you can make the playoffs.

Our schedule gets extremely soft in the second half of the season. We most likely will go on a win streak and fans will think the problems are fixed, to then get destroyed again in the playoffs.
Probably yeah. They are already 0-2 at home, but shouldn’t finish any worse than 6-3/5-4.

It’s a very, very strange league, but it’s difficult to imagine this run defense making any sort of playoff run. Once the injuries start to hit, they will literally be pulling dudes off the street to play DT.

I’m very far from alone, but have been screaming for better DTs for years and the FO refuses to see what’s clear to the rest of the world.

“I like our roster.” Yeah ok.

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yes they could have . But if they didn’t then in principle they couldnt afford him.

That’s how our owner thinks . And he believes in it. And why to him he’s not lying. He actually believes it.
That’s where I’m at. I don’t think their lies/lines are entirely that. They actually believe this crap. The sycophants are the best at their job in the entire building.

The crazy part is we wouldn’t know just how clueless/delusional they are if they didn’t talk so much.

New Orleans was about running into a “hot team?” In week TWO? Just unreal and embarrassing.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Oh it's already ugly. It started in January against GB. This was after Philly started 10-1 and looked to be cruising to another Super Bowl. They fell off a cliff and we snuck in the backdoor to win the East and get the 2 seed. We had the red carpet in front of us to make our first NFC champ game since 1996. And then maybe the most embarrassing playoff loss given all the circumstances happens. Against a good but nowhere near great Green Bay team.

Browns game was fool's gold. The Giants just beat the Browns, that's how bad they are. Watson is rusty and just isn't good anymore and a ton of other injuries.

Reality has set in the last 2 weeks. We used to be a pretty good home team lately. Now, we aren't even competing.

This all lies on the front office. We wasted Dak, Zeke, Parsons, CD and others on their rookie deals. Eventually we have to pay all these guys. Terrible drafts lead to no core being built. We missed hard on the 2023 draft. 2017 draft was a disaster. 2018 not much better. It's all crumbling around them. We didn't address our RB or DT needs this offseason. I believe we have the worst RBs in the league and the worst DT's.

Couple that with the guys we are paying huge money for, aren't producing. Dak and CD haven't been good enough. Parsons is now a joke.

Cowboys culture, soft, non-accountable and losers. Been that way for nearing 30 years.