Time to take stock of this season and try to fill half that glass

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Been almost a week for that loss to wear off and I think it's a good idea to list the positives of this season to keep a proper perspective.

Let's start with a 12 win season and 24 other teams did not get a 19th game.

I will add 4 games won by Cooper Rush, the real surprise of this season. Don't tell me you saw that one coming.

OK, your turn to add some positives.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Cooper Rush going 4-1
Defense played well most of the season
Bland looks like he could be a player
Tyler Smith was a good draft choice
They recognized the need for DT with the Hankins trade
LVE had a good season
Steele proved to be a good decision
Back to Back 12 win seasons and playoff appearances
Finally got a road playoff win and beat Tom Brady (I don't care if it was a 8-9 team)

I'll finish with a subjective one:
Big Mac did a good job coaching. Got 12 wins, a road playoff win, and had this team ready to go toe-to-toe with the Niners during their 4th road game.

snapper

Reaction score
Offense needs more weapons on offense.

Defense needs a stud DT.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm normally as optimistic as they come about the Dallas Cowboys. Every new season brings the opportunity for success and a SB run. Unfortunately, I don't feel that way any longer. I believe we've seen the very best this team can accomplish. I don't believe Dak and his offense have the ability to win a superbowl. All things considered, I'm now expecting things to be worse, not better in the foreseeable future.

Big_D

Reaction score
I’ll keep the glass half empty.

You let Aaron Rodgers crap all over you yet again. The one game where they should’ve made a statement but failed miserably. And the Packers sucked.

Lose to the Jaguars with a playoff spot on the line.

Let a rookie QB in Washington beat you. Again not a good football team.

Then a rematch with the niners after the embarrassment of last year.. and the same garbage!

These are the games you have to win if you expect to turn the corner. This team is soft, even after 12 wins!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not only does Bland look to be a good draft pick. So did Sam Williams, though he tapered off at the end, but possibly was injured more than they said from his accident.
Jake Ferguson was a very pleasant surprise. I knew he would be decent, but he exceeded expectations.
Damon clark played well, and now healthy and will get a full off-season program and TC, look for him to be even better.

Defense took a step forward, and with DQ staying, it should be even better.

Offense, let's see how Tolbert develops going into year 2 for him, as he was a disappointment. I knew nothing about him, but many of the couch GM's here wanted to draft him. We will see if they end up being correct. May take that 3rd year.
Some of the OL as well, should see improvement from them, but they still need to look in the draft as well FA. This is where the right OL coach is imperative to bring in.

Doomsday77

Reaction score
Been almost a week for that loss to wear off and I think it's a good idea to list the positives of this season to keep a proper perspective.

I will add 4 games won by Cooper Rush, the real surprise of this season. Don't tell me you saw that one coming.

Penalties were down although we still led the league this year. 2022- 168 vs. 2021- 140. These numbers reflect overall flags thrown which include "declined" and "off-setting"

We led the league by one however we did play one more game...still not very good.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Our first playoff win on the road in 30 years . That’s a huge monkey to get off our backs .

And our first consecutive 12 win seasons since the 90’s. Not to mention our first consecutive playoff appearance since 2006-2007.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You let Aaron Rodgers crap all over you yet again. The one game where they should’ve made a statement but failed miserably. And the Packers sucked.

Then a rematch with the niners after the embarrassment of last year.. and the same garbage!

These are the games you have to win if you expect to turn the corner. This team is soft, even after 12 wins!
OK, so maybe a week was too short to start this?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Amazing season considering all the doom and gloomers over the off season moves. And especially considering Tyron smith went down and so did dak.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm normally as optimistic as they come about the Dallas Cowboys. Every new season brings the opportunity for success and a SB run. Unfortunately, I don't feel that way any longer. I believe we've seen the very best this team can accomplish. I don't believe Dak and his offense have the ability to win a superbowl. All things considered, I'm now expecting things to be worse, not better in the foreseeable future
why because the offense stumbled against the #1 d in football?

Big_D

Reaction score
OK, so maybe a week was too short to start this?

lol I could understand trying to be positive after last season, but after the same exact scenario a year later that ship sailed. It’s gonna take a lot more than 6 days. To top it off the eagles blew right by them. Forgive me for not finding a positive after more of the same!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

And its no surprise your take is the most out of left field take.

if you expected to beat the niners that on you.