Time to worry about Overshown?

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Sham was talking about this during the game yesterday and I also saw an article on BTB talking about the same. That we might be forced to carry an extra LB on the 54 cause of the unknown severity of Overshown’s hip. Awesome he can’t play more than 10 snaps without getting hurt

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Sham was talking about this during the game yesterday and I also saw an article on BTB talking about the same. That we might be forced to carry an extra LB on the 54 cause of the unknown severity of Overshown’s hip. Awesome he can’t play more than 10 snaps without getting hurt
I'd like to add something to that. In that draft, there were several decent running backs. And they didn't take one. What a waste.

Jarntt

Reaction score
They could put him on IR.
I think the new rule is 2 players can be put onto IR without the "dance" of cutting and bringing someone back. So with Bland and Edoga we already have 2 . If we add Overshown it means someone is cut and brought back - probably the long snapper. I hadn't heard anything about Overshown being an IR candidate. I'm not sure where this is coming from. I suspect he is ready to go for week 1, but maybe worst case he misses a game or two?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
How can they not know the severity of a hip pointer? I'm sure he had an MRI, and if it was a multi-week thing, they would have announced it just like DaRon Bland's foot.

I think he will be ready for the opener and the team is just being overly cautious.

Reactions: CWR

_sturt_

Reaction score
on the 54
Not to detour the thread, but quick question...

Did I misunderstand? I thought the number is still 53, but the new caveat is that you can put your 3rd QB on the practice squad instead of counting him on the roster... but but... he's on the practice squad then, and that means another team can pick him up as long as they're committed to having him on their roster for at least 3(?) games.

So, us or any other team that has a 3rd QB that could be somewhat conceivably appealing for another team to poach... you're not going to do that... you're just going to accept having 3 QBs on the regular roster (and thus, you only have a 53, not a 54)... no????

rambo2

Reaction score
I'd like to add something to that. In that draft, there were several decent running backs. And they didn't take one. What a waste.
It's actually OK because they now have Marist Liufau to play linebacker and a full stable of runningbacks.

glimmerman

Reaction score
It sucks because I watched him in one game and the first 2 snaps he read the play and was like a rocket to the ball.. Exactly what we need. But not going to stay healthy..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Matt Johnson part deux
Or maybe Sean Lee. The injuries certainly aren’t helping his development. Hopefully they don’t derail his career, which got off to a promising start last summer and he looked good this summer until the hip. Starting to look like he’s injury prone. It’s been pretty frustrating that he can’t make it to the regular season before an injury.

Praxit

Reaction score
..sounds like this guy, might always be married to injury. Bummer for him.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Or maybe Sean Lee. The injuries certainly aren’t helping his development. Hopefully they don’t derail his career, which got off to a promising start last summer and he looked good this summer until the hip. Starting to look like he’s injury prone. It’s been pretty frustrating that he can’t make it to the regular season before an injury.
So how long is he supposed to be out?