Time to worry about Overshown?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They got Marist Liufau and Kendricks. And they have Parsons and Clark.
Clark is terrible. Kendricks is old and way past his prime. Liufau hasn't played a down in the NFL. Parsons is a DE and wants to be paid like one since he lines up mostly at that position.

You seem to be very Dallas-centric in your football knowledge. I never said we didn't have enough warm bodies to field a football team.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Overshown is the heir apparent to Matt Johnson. The less he plays, the larger the myth around his playing ability grows. Perfect example of why you can't build a team on hopium. We needed a LB in the draft or in free agency.........but we had this guy penciled in.
You are too busy talking out of your behind to know what moves they actually made.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You can't count on a guy who can't stay on the field. Hopefully they are being overly cautious but we'll see

coult44

Reaction score
our beat writers are useless, so many guys have injuries but they never ask questions about them.
Who reads to get their news? I mean, I will scroll X, but if it’s not in video, I’m probably moving on.

Mcsports

Reaction score
Not to detour the thread, but quick question...

Did I misunderstand? I thought the number is still 53, but the new caveat is that you can put your 3rd QB on the practice squad instead of counting him on the roster... but but... he's on the practice squad then, and that means another team can pick him up as long as they're committed to having him on their roster for at least 3(?) games.

So, us or any other team that has a 3rd QB that could be somewhat conceivably appealing for another team to poach... you're not going to do that... you're just going to accept having 3 QBs on the regular roster (and thus, you only have a 53, not a 54)... no????
The emergency quarterback rule is for active game day roster (45 players).
If the other two quarterbacks leave a game then the emergency qb becomes an eligible 46th player

CWR

Reaction score
How can they not know the severity of a hip pointer? I'm sure he had an MRI, and if it was a multi-week thing, they would have announced it just like DaRon Bland's foot.

I think he will be ready for the opener and the team is just being overly cautious.
MM had a history of being cautious with injuries as well.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Overshown has been the most talked about draft prospect that the Cowboys have drafted in recent history that has done absolutely nothing but get hurt. I mean he has been the best camp linebacker for two years in the row according to Cowboys media and Cowboys YouTube. They even gave the kid a stupid nickname. :rolleyes: :laugh:

CWR

Reaction score
Clark is terrible. Kendricks is old and way past his prime. Liufau hasn't played a down in the NFL. Parsons is a DE and wants to be paid like one since he lines up mostly at that position.

You seem to be very Dallas-centric in your football knowledge. I never said we didn't have enough warm bodies to field a football team.
And you're overly negative. It's cute watching yall talk in hyperbole. "Hes the best," "No, he's the worst."

We have more than warm bodies. There's a lot of talent in that LB group. It may or may not come to fruition.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Overshown has been the most talked about draft prospect that the Cowboys have drafted in recent history that has done absolutely nothing but get hurt. I mean he has been the best camp linebacker for two years in the row according to Cowboys media and Cowboys YouTube. They even gave the kid a stupid nickname. :rolleyes: :laugh:
Cut him now right?

plasticman

Reaction score
Sometimes you just come across that unlucky snake-bitten player that couldn't stay healthy. The poor guy didn't do anything wrong except hit the wrong "life" lottery. It's like he was just randomly selected to be "that" guy.

He has all the traits that make players great. He has physical gifts, been playing since he was 4, loves the game, etc. He has potential off the charts, that's what hurts the most. He has everything except luck.

Overshown wouldn't be the only NFL player. Heck, He wouldn't come close to being the only Cowboy.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sometimes you just come across that unlucky snake-bitten player that couldn't stay healthy. The poor guy didn't do anything wrong except hit the wrong "life" lottery. It's like he was just randomly selected to be "that" guy.

He has all the traits that make players great. He has physical gifts, been playing since he was 4, loves the game, etc. He has potential off the charts, that's what hurts the most. He has everything except luck.

Overshown wouldn't be the only NFL player. Heck, He wouldn't come close to being the only Cowboy.
The overreactions here are priceless.