Time to worry about Overshown?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It sucks because I watched him in one game and the first 2 snaps he read the play and was like a rocket to the ball.. Exactly what we need. But not going to stay healthy..
So his brain thinks he can do stuff his body can;t do. When it would be better to play the play more conservative....HELP with the play not destroy it, which he can;t do anyway.

Play your part, stay in your lane. Be part of the team.

This is on coaching as much as him.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I think the new rule is 2 players can be put onto IR without the "dance" of cutting and bringing someone back. So with Bland and Edoga we already have 2 . If we add Overshown it means someone is cut and brought back - probably the long snapper. I hadn't heard anything about Overshown being an IR candidate. I'm not sure where this is coming from. I suspect he is ready to go for week 1, but maybe worst case he misses a game or two?
Ok. If it's a rule change no biggie, DeMo will just be inactive till he's ready.

conner01

Reaction score
How can they not know the severity of a hip pointer? I'm sure he had an MRI, and if it was a multi-week thing, they would have announced it just like DaRon Bland's foot.

I think he will be ready for the opener and the team is just being overly cautious.
The team knows. The beat writers don’t

rambo2

Reaction score
The fact some people genuinely think an unproven player who can’t stay on the field will be the savior at LB is hilarious to me.
Tell me, what's going to happen with Overshown? Is he all washed up with a hip pointer?

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
Tell me, what's going to happen with Overshown? Is he all washed up with a hip pointer?
What’s going to happen is he‘s getting anointed to the football HOF next week am I right Rambo boy, no need to see him play an actual game to know he’s a sure shot superstar. He’s a Cowboy after all, that’s all we need to know. :muttley:

rambo2

Reaction score
What’s going to happen is he‘s getting anointed to the football HOF next week am I right Rambo boy, no need to see him play an actual game to know he’s a sure shot superstar. He’s a Cowboy after all, that’s all we need to know. :muttley:
Lol, the clowns are out.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I'd like to add something to that. In that draft, there were several decent running backs. And they didn't take one. What a waste.
Yes, it was a waste trading our 4th round pick. We could have had a RB.

I believe our Scouting Department preferred to wait until the 2025 draft that is loaded with RB's.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Overshown is the heir apparent to Matt Johnson. The less he plays, the larger the myth around his playing ability grows. Perfect example of why you can't build a team on hopium. We needed a LB in the draft or in free agency.........but we had this guy penciled in.

rambo2

Reaction score
Overshown is the heir apparent to Matt Johnson. The less he plays, the larger the myth around his playing ability grows. Perfect example of why you can't build a team on hopium. We needed a LB in the draft or in free agency.........but we had this guy penciled in.
They got Marist Liufau and Kendricks. And they have Parsons and Clark.