U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

9g1IE4k5.jpeg

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I am concerned about his motor. he takes plays off or doesn't work as hard....if we trade down to bottom of the first, he will be there. I take him then.

dasander

Reaction score
Interesting on the video board they have him listed as a nose tackle. We'll have to see if the Cowboys aren't blowing smoke when they say they won't take a nose tackle in the first round. Bringing him in for a pre-draft visit means they're interested.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
I like TIMMAH!! Especially in a weak DE Draft, the impact Player on the DL is probably going to be a DT.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Interesting on the video board they have him listed as a nose tackle. We'll have to see if the Cowboys aren't blowing smoke when they say they won't take a nose tackle in the first round. Bringing him in for a pre-draft visit means they're interested.

Yes, Marinelli sees him as 1.(Broaddus has mentioned it on talkin cowboys) He is unlikely to be the Cowboys 1st round pick.

Nirvana

Reaction score
Gotta wonder how many teams are turned off by his wanting to play for the Cowboys so bad that he is wearing their gear before the draft.

I like a trade down scenario here - see Frederick, Travis, circa 2013.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Hope he still wants to come to Dallas once his rookie contract is up with another team. Don't hate Jernigan but he's toward the bottom of my list of guys I would take at 16. If Donald isn't there I look DE. If you don't have a DE you like I trade down, and still possibly get Jernigan.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Gotta wonder how many teams are turned off by his wanting to play for the Cowboys so bad that he is wearing their gear before the draft.

I like a trade down scenario here - see Frederick, Travis, circa 2013.

I can agree with this. The only two players with an outside chance to be available at #16 that I take are Anthony Barr or Aaron Donald. Otherwise I'm trading back to the 25-32 range to select that next tier of players: Jernigan, Ealy, Nix, Tuitt, Crichton, etc.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I can agree with this. The only two players with an outside chance to be available at #16 that I take are Anthony Barr or Aaron Donald. Otherwise I'm trading back to the 25-32 range to select that next tier of players: Jernigan, Ealy, Nix, Tuitt, Crichton, etc.

But what if you can't trade down, it's take two to tango. Of those 4 in your next tier who would you take at 16 if you couldn't trade back and Barr/Donald are gone? Just curious.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He's a favorite of mine. He'd be a perfect complement to Melton.

All comes down to if you think that compliment is worth the #16 choice. I would not knock him out of the mix, but I also would not make him at the top of it either.

Nirvana

Reaction score

I think those are my main two that could be there as well. If Lewan is there I think that would be very enticing as well, depending on what dirt they have on him and how he interviewed. He's a noticeable omission from the ranch invite list along with Ha Ha and Pryor (and Martin?)

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
But what if you can't trade down, it's take two to tango. Of those 4 in your next tier who would you take at 16 if you couldn't trade back and Barr/Donald are gone? Just curious.

I would be inclined to take Jernigan and then Crichton. Jernigan because with Melton being the gap-shooter, Jernigan would be great in run support and occupying blockers.

Crichton because watching him play he's just a nonstop force. He's got a lot of good moves and he tackles with aggression. I like the way he plays...similar build to Anthony Spencer but plays more like a young Ware. Great attitude too, and seems to be passionate about the game. I think he's better than Ealy or Tuitt.

I think those are my main two that could be there as well. If Lewan is there I think that would be very enticing as well, depending on what dirt they have on him and how he interviewed. He's a noticeable omission from the ranch invite list along with Ha Ha and Pryor (and Martin?)

Lewan is the wrong kind of guy for this (or any) organization in my opinion. Too big of an idiot. Zack Martin would be the OL I would be looking at. Replace Doug Free.

I don't think HaSean Clinton-Dix and Calvin Pryor are notable omissions -- we are simply not looking for safeties this year and neither one of those guys is any better than Mark Barron from a year ago.