Timmy Jernigan wants to be a cowboy

jnday

Reaction score
It's actually the other way around. Jernigan gives great effort and consistency, he plays til the whistle, while Donald has a habit of giving up on plays too early if he thinks he's out of it. Donald does a lot of walking around.

And this is all well documented.

You are wanting this to get ugly aren't you ? There is no negative Donald talk allowed here.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
All comes down to if you think that compliment is worth the #16 choice. I would not knock him out of the mix, but I also would not make him at the top of it either.

you have to pick someone so if noone will trade with you and Donald and Barr or gone.,... now what? Jernigen might not be technically good enough for the 16th pick but are you gonna just not pick if he's the best player left?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
It's actually the other way around. Jernigan gives great effort and consistency, he plays til the whistle, while Donald has a habit of giving up on plays too early if he thinks he's out of it. Donald does a lot of walking around.

And this is all well documented.

Totally agree. I don't know where some of these people get there info from. I think Jernigan is a hard worker. He lacks technique but that is where a good coach like Marinelli can really help him. That game where someone said he was slacking was the game where he was sick and yet played.

Give the guy credit. He is coming out wearing the Cowboys star and tweeting he wants to be a Cowboy. I wish more of our players like that. Heck, I wish some of our so called fans are really true Cowboys fans rather than forum trolls who like stirring up stuff here.

noletime95

Reaction score
as opposed to you being it the know it all!! don't get offended.

reports about him is that he doesn't have a consistent motor and loses concentration and his technique and thus gets pushed out of plays and becomes a none-factor. compare him to Donald, where reports are he is got a non stop motor.

first round picks need to be solid. players who can go 60 plays if need be. go as hard as possible every play and not fall sleep.

are you a Seminole by any chance? why the favoritism?
as opposed to you being it the know it all!! don't get offended.

reports about him is that he doesn't have a consistent motor and loses concentration and his technique and thus gets pushed out of plays and becomes a none-factor. compare him to Donald, where reports are he is got a non stop motor.

first round picks need to be solid. players who can go 60 plays if need be. go as hard as possible every play and not fall sleep.

are you a Seminole by any chance? why the favoritism?

I am a Seminole fan, which puts me in a much better position to evaluate FSU players than most on this board. I've watched every snap TJ played the last three years. His motor is non stop. He does not take plays off. There are times he hesitates at the snap to set up the blocker. That might not work in the NFL. But it can be coached out of him if need be.

He played the BCS title game with the flu. Auburn gutted FSU when TJ finally wore down. He was a monster in that game until then. He will be a very good pro for someone. He's a safe pick with upside. If you like Donald better, that's fine. But don't tell me he took plays off because you read it in a magazine.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I am a Seminole fan, which puts me in a much better position to evaluate FSU players than most on this board. I've watched every snap TJ played the last three years. His motor is non stop. He does not take plays off. There are times he hesitates at the snap to set up the blocker. That might not work in the NFL. But it can be coached out of him if need be.

He played the BCS title game with the flu. Auburn gutted FSU when TJ finally wore down. He was a monster in that game until then. He will be a very good pro for someone. He's a safe pick with upside. If you like Donald better, that's fine. But don't tell me he took plays off because you read it in a magazine.

that explains it and that's the problem. you are biased. it also put you in a position to evaluate him higher than others because he is a seminole. I am not biased one way or the other. so my want is for the cowboys to succeed not the former Seminoles.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree. Again, I'm not talking about one draft - I mean historically what we've seen from the front office.

But it has not been just the last draft 2011 Tyron Smith was selected. I do think the Cowboys have changed in how they go about getting players. Does it solve years they failed? No but you can't undo it all you can do is change how you go about getting the job done and it is not going to happen overnight but I do think if they stay the course in terms of player accusations they will get to where they want to be.

noletime95

Reaction score
that explains it and that's the problem. you are biased. it also put you in a position to evaluate him higher than others because he is a seminole. I am not biased one way or the other. so my want is for the cowboys to succeed not the former Seminoles.

I also want the Cowboys to succeed. I wouldn't have wanted them to take EJ Manuel. Great kid that won't be a great pro. Jernigan is going to, at a minimum, be a very good NFL DT. And he may well be a pro bowler. Sign me up for guys like that.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Jernigan is going to be a really good NFL DT I think.

I absolutely love Donald and that is who I want the Cowboys to draft, but that doesn't mean that I think Jernigan won't be a good pro. I think he will be, and I think he has more versatility in this defense than Donald does.

I would be plenty happy with Jernigan if Marinelli likes him enough to take him in the first. He would be very good next to Melton at the 1-tech spot and he could play the 3 when Melton needed a breather or they wanted a "heavy" package with Jernigan and McClain at DT.