Titans fire HC Mike Vrabel

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Without a QB, what would you have him do?

The Ravens have done pretty well with that formula. If Andy Reid had embraced it this season he'd probably have a few more wins. Michigan just did it for the third straight year in college football and that has Harbaugh on speed dial (ignoring the cheating).
That's not the point.

The Ravens formula is Lamar - they're not a barometer of anything. No, he wouldn't. College doesn't matter.

Jayinem

Reaction score
The Tennessee Titans lost the most talented receiver they have ever had prior to the 2021 season when they traded AJ Brown to the Philadelphia Eagles due to a contract dispute that could not be resolved.

“This wasn't my fault,” Brown said. “I wanted to stay, but the deal they offered was a low offer. The deal they offered wasn't even $20 million a year.” The star receiver said the annual salary was around $16 million with the Titans' proposed extension, with incentives increasing the deal to around $20 million a year.

Their front office is to blame for the team's steep decline.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
VRABEL also might go wherever BB goes if he leaves NE, if he's still coaching

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I dunno, Washington just fired a Defensive head coach I would think they'd want an offensive guy this time but maybe not.
They have one, but how will the players respond to him the former chiefs OC can't think of his name

FoxF

Reaction score
I’d take him over MM, think he would bring some much needed discipline and toughness to this team.

75boyz

Reaction score
Did some good things. COTY in '21 I think. I liked the down hill running offense with Henry for sure. Thought they copycatted us with Zeke a lil bit on that.

Not re'signing AJ Brown was a mistake that he disagreed with management over. He was right about that imo.

But ultimately, Tannehill not quite good enough to get the job done even with Henry and some decent defenses.

But yeah, I like him as a coach overall no doubt.

jmo

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not unprecedented. Chip Kelly, Adam Gase are examples of coaches who were hired rght after being fired, and both were FAR AND AWAY worse than Vrabel. Usually a recently fired coach chooses to take a year off but if they have had success, another team will take them.
sorry if I wasn't clear, I didn't intend it to mean its never been done before. but if he doesn't, perhaps if Quinn leaves, he is someone we want to consider.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Another Belichick tree branch bites the dust.
Does Vrabel get considered as part of the Belichick coaching tree? He never coached under Bill, just played for him. He got his NFL assistant coaching experience under Bill O'Brien with the Texans(2014-2016 LB coach, 2017 DC) before the Titans hired him as HC.

Reactions: JPM

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Traded AJ for a bag of peanuts, and refused to trade DH to get an extra draft pick...Yeah, time for HC to go

lkelly

Reaction score
That's not the point.

The Ravens formula is Lamar - they're not a barometer of anything. No, he wouldn't. College doesn't matter.
So your wise advice to Vrabel, with Ryan Tannehill, Malik Wilis, and rookie Will Levis would have been to air it out and not play sound defense? That's certainly a great fit when you have Derrick Henry as well.

Whether you think college football matters, people in the NFL certainly pay attention to it. Jim Harbaugh will be a candidate that teams will want to interview. He focused on running and playing defense at Michigan. But hey, if that doesn't matter, let's revisit his time coaching the 49ers. In your book, it sounds like that's what NFL teams will evaluate him on. Here are the San Fran rankings in passing yards during his tenure:

2011: 29th
2012: 23rd
2013: 30th
2014: 30th

Here are their rushing yards rankings:

2011: 8th
2012: 4th
2013: 3rd
2014: 4th

Just because this is shooting fish in a barrel, here are their defensive rankings:

2011: 2nd
2012: 2nd
2013: 5th
2014: 5th

Harbaugh should be toxic to NFL teams just like Vrabel?

Blast From The Past

Reaction score

Patience is a virtue and to think that female owner wants change for change sakes is unreal. She may get glory or she may find a new coach in the next cycle or two all over again. I like Vrabel as a coach myself and unless he lost the team which I believe to not be the case then it is a mistake by Strunk.