Titans made a deep playoff run with little talent. Coaching matters!

mattjames2010

Reaction score
so you think that tannehill is their problem? They were 2-4..... TWO AND FOUR when Tannehill took over and went 7-3 after and avg 30.4 ppg, and you think they have a QB issue? Keep in mind, there were games where they just didnt need him to pass and they just gave the ball to Henry. In the 1st 6 games, Henry only avg 4 ypc or more one time. he NEVER avg less than 4 ypc after Tannehill took over. People make it like it was Henry that made it easy on Tannehill.... nah, it was the other way around.

Yes, Tannehill is the problem. When he needed to elevate his game, he couldn't do it. They need a franchise QB, Tannehill is not that.

You don't win Super Bowls on the shoulders of an RB. You win it with either an elite defense or elite QB. What teams are in the Super Bowl right now?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yes, Tannehill is the problem. When he needed to elevate his game, he couldn't do it. They need a franchise QB, Tannehill is not that.

You don't win Super Bowls on the shoulders of an RB. You win it with either an elite defense or elite QB. What teams are in the Super Bowl right now?
you are preaching to the choir... did you not see the thread I started yesterday about teams trying to convince themselves that their QB is "Good enough?"

mattjames2010

Reaction score
you are preaching to the choir... did you not see the thread I started yesterday about teams trying to convince themselves that their QB is "Good enough?"

....then you shouldn't be arguing that Tannehill isn't part of the problem. He had a good year, he head a stretch of games where he was great. He made some good throws in a playoff game, but when things got put on his shoulders, he flopped.

Titans will resign Tannehill out of desperation, but he's not the guy and will be part of the problem with not taking the next step.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
....then you shouldn't be arguing that Tannehill isn't part of the problem. He had a good year, he head a stretch of games where he was great. He made some good throws in a playoff game, but when things got put on his shoulders, he flopped.

Titans will resign Tannehill out of desperation, but he's not the guy and will be part of the problem with not taking the next step.
IM talking up Tannehill because he proves my point as to how much coaching is overrated. 2-4 with sorry Marriota and 7-3 with Tannehill. I guess Vrabel's coaching and schemes really picked it up after week 6...bahahahahahah

Rayman70

Reaction score
Titans have much more talent than we all think. Its just that its Tennessee..NOT DALLAS. They flew under the radar all year. They have had solid drafts under Vrabel and solid FA signings. Tannehill seems to be a great fit there in that scheme.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3mrrh0.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

mattjames2010

Reaction score
IM talking up Tannehill because he proves my point as to how much coaching is overrated. 2-4 with sorry Marriota and 7-3 with Tannehill. I guess Vrabel's coaching and schemes really picked it up after week 6...bahahahahahah

Coaching is not overrated....

Titans have a solid team, some key players here and there, but they outcoached Baltimore and got to a championship game.

Doug Peterson won a Super Bowl and got to the playoffs the past two years with half his team injured.

"Coaching is overrated" should have you benched just for the sheer stupidity.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Coaching is not overrated....

Titans have a solid team, some key players here and there, but they outcoached Baltimore and got to a championship game.

Doug Peterson won a Super Bowl and got to the playoffs the past two years with half his team injured.

"Coaching is overrated" should have you benched just for the sheer stupidity.
look at the post I had from the past 20 SB winners, then get back to me.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Don’t get tricked by the number of probowl guys we have as an indicator of talent.

That’s had a lot to do with fans and name recognition.

We have overrated our talent. Pff has our oline ranked as 4th and the 49ers 14th overall. I dont think so homie

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Don’t get tricked by the number of probowl guys we have as an indicator of talent.

That’s had a lot to do with fans and name recognition.

We have overrated our talent. Pff has our oline ranked as 4th and the 49ers 14th overall. I dont think so homie

Why would you consider it not top 5? Zeke is slow as hell, still got 1,300+ yards and 10+ TDs behind the line and Dak and his stone feet and little pocket awareness was only sacked 23 times. For comparison, Dak dropped back less in 2016 and was sacked 25 times in 2016, he dropped back far more in 2019 and had less sacks.

Our O-Line takes far too much heat on this board while being one of the top groups in the NFL. You're going to wish we had this line back in a few years.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Time to admit defeat and move to the Giants board where you can continue your unwavering support of the clapping carrot.

Silly thing to say, since I’m neither wrong (check the record) nor a Giants fan.

It’d be like me suggesting you’re a troll and a fan of one of the other NFCE teams because you can’t help yourself but post inaccurate or blatantly false takes about the Cowboys. Of course, I would never do that because it’s not particularly cool and clearly not accurate. But it’s an example of the sort of low-hanging fruit that works both ways if we don’t agree to discuss rationally on a given topic. Not really a good look for either of us.

CoachD

Reaction score
Yes I know Titans have Henry but we have Zeke...

The titans are not loaded with a bunch of pro bowlers...beyond a few players the team is really lacking talent in many areas...

And they STILL almost made it to the Superbowl

This isnt a bash Garrett thread we are beyond that, dude got fired....but coaching does indeed matter!

Yup and Ryan freakin Tannyhill went to more Championship games than Romo and Prescott did combine so what does that tell ya!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They rode the coattails of the best RB in the league this year. My vote for MVP.

Vrabel did a solid job but looked like nobody was stopping Henry. OMG.

CoachD

Reaction score
Silly thing to say, since I’m neither wrong (check the record) nor a Giants fan.

It’d be like me suggesting you’re a troll and a fan of one of the other NFCE teams because you can’t help yourself but post inaccurate or blatantly false takes about the Cowboys. Of course, I would never do that because it’s not particularly cool and clearly not accurate. But it’s an example of the sort of low-hanging fruit that works both ways if we don’t agree to discuss rationally on a given topic. Not really a good look for either of us.

When you call someone a troll on a message board that means you can handle someone else's opinion and it also shows weakness on your part for not being able to debate with facts, glad I could help Coach D.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Titans have much more talent than we all think. Its just that its Tennessee..NOT DALLAS. They flew under the radar all year. They have had solid drafts under Vrabel and solid FA signings. Tannehill seems to be a great fit there in that scheme.
Titans have been a fairly consistent playoff team. This is just further than they’ve been in a long time.

Sometimes it’s about getting hot at the right time and up until second half at KC nobody was stopping Henry. To me it was more about one of the greatest streaks by a RB in playoff history.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Titans have been a fairly consistent playoff team. This is just further than they’ve been in a long time.

Sometimes it’s about getting hot at the right time and up until second half at KC nobody was stopping Henry. To me it was more about one of the greatest streaks by a RB in playoff history.
he and Murray remind me of each other. Murray got hot and we really should have won up in GB.. 2014 was a HENRY TYPE YEAR FOR HIM..WE GOT HOT AND THEN DEZ WAS ROBBED.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you call someone a troll on a message board that means you can handle someone else's opinion and it also shows weakness on your part for not being able to debate with facts, glad I could help Coach D.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Perhaps go back and read what I actually said and reconcile it with your post? That’d be great.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
he and Murray remind me of each other. Murray got hot and we really should have won up in GB.. 2014 was a HENRY TYPE YEAR FOR HIM..WE GOT HOT AND THEN DEZ WAS ROBBED.
Henry is a greater talent. We should have drafted him.

Dez screwed that up by not just going down on 4th down. He was trying to hot dog to score. 1st down there we could run clock off before scoring.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Henry is a greater talent. We should have drafted him.

Dez screwed that up by not just going down on 4th down. He was trying to hot dog to score. 1st down there we could run clock off before scoring.
AGREE TOTALLY ON DEZ! Guess that's in the past..but wow...all he had to do was go down.We couldn't be stopped on the ground. Henry in a Dallas uni would have been stellar..my GAWD..behind this oline. Zeke has tapered off and is tentative. Lost his decisiveness and explosiveness. He did get quicker towards the end in 2019..but was too late. Tired of folks debating if Zeke is the best back or one of the top 5...the easy answer is HECK NO. Mostert for San Fran is way more effective and decisive. He hits the hole and goes. Zeke looks slow and indecisive. Hopefully its a matter of needing to slim down. He looks too thick.