Titans made a deep playoff run with little talent. Coaching matters!

stuckindc

Reaction score
yup that gave GB life and that's ultimately what got us beat. Glad you brought that up.
it bothers me like Clayton's drop , in that it changes the game and I feel in both cases , we take control and win...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
it bothers me like Clayton's drop , in that it changes the game and I feel in both cases , we take control and win...
I feel that 2014 team was our best team this era. That offense was as close to championship caliber we’ve had. Romo was at his prime.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Silly thing to say, since I’m neither wrong (check the record) nor a Giants fan.

It’d be like me suggesting you’re a troll and a fan of one of the other NFCE teams because you can’t help yourself but post inaccurate or blatantly false takes about the Cowboys. Of course, I would never do that because it’s not particularly cool and clearly not accurate. But it’s an example of the sort of low-hanging fruit that works both ways if we don’t agree to discuss rationally on a given topic. Not really a good look for either of us.

Check the record? :lmao: Hey, you pumped the guy and defended him for years. You have crowe to eat. Deal with it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes I know Titans have Henry but we have Zeke...

The titans are not loaded with a bunch of pro bowlers...beyond a few players the team is really lacking talent in many areas...

And they STILL almost made it to the Superbowl

This isnt a bash Garrett thread we are beyond that, dude got fired....but coaching does indeed matter!

I would just say that you don't really understand the talent on the Titans. And yah, coaching definitely matters.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Check the record? :lmao: Hey, you pumped the guy and defended him for years. You have crowe to eat. Deal with it.

Check the record. I didn’t say anything that wasn’t accurate (or at least reasonable, even if it was debateable) under the circumstances. If I did, go find it so I can own it for you. But, generally speaking, I’m a thoughtful poster and I consider my words carefully.

And I’m not responsible for all the crazy exaggerations people want to pretend I’ve said over the years. I’m only going to own my own posts. That’s fair, right?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Check the record. I didn’t say anything that wasn’t accurate (or at least reasonable, even if it was debateable) under the circumstances. If I did, go find it so I can own it for you. But, generally speaking, I’m a thoughtful poster and I consider my words carefully.

And I’m not responsible for all the crazy exaggerations people want to pretend I’ve said over the years. I’m only going to own my own posts. That’s fair, right?

The only record that matters for a coach in regard to their legacy are playoffs and Super Bowls. His "record" in the playoffs over 9 full seasons is 2-3 with ZERO Super Bowls and ZERO NFC championship game appearances. Few coaches in NFL history have been allowed to fail at that for as long as Garret, and it is factual history that his longevity in Dallas had more to do with his chummy relationship with the owner than merit. Its not even debatable at this point.

Last edited:

CoachD

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Perhaps go back and read what I actually said and reconcile it with your post? That’d be great.

I did just that and I think my previous post is pretty accurate, actually it's spot on so remember calling someone a troll shows weakness glad I could help.

MaaS

Reaction score
Agree the Titans have excellent coaching but they have more talent than they get credit for. Their defense has way more talent than ours and the olines are pretty similar. We just pay ours more.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I did just that and I think my previous post is pretty accurate, actually it's spot on so remember calling someone a troll shows weakness glad I could help.

Except I didn’t call anyone a troll. But it’s cool you went back and tried. I actually do think that’s pretty cool. You just do your best and enjoy yourself.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Tannehill made ALL the difference. He came in and went 7-3 and put them in a deep playoff run with a passer rating of 117. That's what one looks for in a Franchise QB. We dont have that here.
LOL right dude im a dak critic at times but Tannehill is not better they are about the same.. lmao Dak won 13 games as a rookie and last year went 7-1 to finish the season and won a playoff game while Tannehill was sucking big time in MIA.. dont get it twisted they made deep playoff run on the back of Henry, good coaching , and a great defense..that we didnt have.

im not wanting to pay dak 34plus either but lets not be ridiculous in acting like he worse then RT, dudes been a spare for 4 plus years, same with Moesert

some players simply got on the train at the right time, doesnt make them special at all....

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Titans have three TE’s better than ours and that rookie WR that looks like the reincarnation of Anquan Bolden.

I think for a lot of fans not having a top-tier quarterback translates into having little talent.

Dre11

Reaction score
Yes I know Titans have Henry but we have Zeke...

The titans are not loaded with a bunch of pro bowlers...beyond a few players the team is really lacking talent in many areas...

And they STILL almost made it to the Superbowl

This isnt a bash Garrett thread we are beyond that, dude got fired....but coaching does indeed matter!

Don't get it twisted home boy, The Titans OL is no slouch, add Henry and a good defense(which they have) and you can win a lot of games, they remind me of the 2016 cowboys setup.