Titans Whack Williams

AbeBeta

Reaction score
TITANS WHACK WILLIAMS
Posted by Mike Florio on July 31, 2008, 5:09 p.m.

There was optimism in the offseason that receiver Mike Williams’ decision to lose weight and take football seriously would land him a roster spot on the wideout-depleted Tennessee Titans.

Williams didn’t even make it to the first roster cut.

According to Terry McDaniel of the Nashville City Paper, Williams was whacked on Thursday.

His spot will be taken by receiver Chris Davis, who won a Thursday ”Gong Show” at the team’s training camp.

The Titans also inked kicker Jon Vaughan, who’ll handle kicking duties while Rob Bironas tends to his injured groin. Quarterback Ingle Martin had been doing the kicking for the past couple of days. Eric Scott, a guard, was cut to make room for Vaughn.

As to Williams, it very well could be the end of the road. The Lions made him the tenth overall pick in the 2005 draft, but they gave up on him not long thereafter, trading him to Oakland for a half-empty bag of mulch. He had a failed stint with the Raiders before landing in Tennessee during the 2007 season.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I almost think we should bring in Williams and put him on IR for the season, simply to say "Thank you Mike Williams, here's 400k free and easy."

Woods

Reaction score
Why don't we bring him .......

Sorry, I wanted to be the first this time around.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Man, this kid had such great hands. What a disappointment. He has no one to blame but himself.

Woods

Reaction score
Hostile;2168973 said:
Man, this kid had such great hands. What a disappointment. He has no one to blame but himself.

.... and that box of Twinkies in his gym bag.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Hostile;2168973 said:

and Mo Clarett.

dogberry

Reaction score
If we bring him in and put him on IR, is the plan to staple his stomach?

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
What a waste. I bet he wishes he never challenged the NFL rule for early entry into the draft. IMO, that's where he screwed up. If he had stayed in school another year, he might have been picked higher than 10th and be a top receiver in the league today. That's pure speculation, but you have to wonder.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jobberone;2168986 said:
What the heck is wrong here. Can't just be his weight.
The wallet and between the ears. Shame because he is a great kid.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I have no problem with bringing him into camp and putting him on the practice squad(edit-most likely not eligible). Have him adopt the TO and Hurd diet plan. :)

Wrangler87

Reaction score
speedkilz88;2169006 said:
I have no problem with bringing him into camp and putting him on the practice squad. Have him adopt the TO and Hurd diet plan. :)

If he goes to miami, he can get on Dan Marino's diet food.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
abersonc;2168961 said:
TITANS WHACK WILLIAMS

At least it was a happy ending... http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/thread_stuff/rimshot.gif (think about it)...

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
trickblue;2169013 said:
At least it was a happy ending... http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/thread_stuff/rimshot.gif (think about it)...

:pee: (think about it)