Titans Whack Williams

joseephuss

Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2168993 said:
What a waste. I bet he wishes he never challenged the NFL rule for early entry into the draft. IMO, that's where he screwed up. If he had stayed in school another year, he might have been picked higher than 10th and be a top receiver in the league today. That's pure speculation, but you have to wonder.

That is possible. Or maybe scouts would have found out about his lax attitude with one more year at USC and he could have dropped out of the first round. Lots of ifs, but I do agree that it was a poor choice to challenge the NFL.

How much does he weigh now? The article said he decided to lose weight. Did he actually lose any or much?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jobberone;2168986 said:
What the heck is wrong here. Can't just be his weight.

its really not that hard...he just isnt any good

I'm surprised too, I like Hos thought he'd be a pretty good NFL player...but its blatantly apparent he doesnt have the talent, work ethic or commitment to be a legit NFL player

he's coming soon to a CFL or Arena league team near you

David

gbrittain

Reaction score
I bet Matt Millen just wished Mike Williams would go away.

It must rub salt in the wound even more, every time he gets cut from a team.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
Coming out early killed him really. He must just not have what it takes. I was in favor of trying to get him. Glad we we did not travel down that long bumpy road leading to no where.

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
I hope he can turn it around and finds success somewhere. He's still young and lots of teams will be looking for players throughout the year. If it's a work ethic problem, hopefully this is the last rude awakening he needs.

zack

Reaction score
Hostile;2168973 said:
Man, this kid had such great hands. What a disappointment. He has no one to blame but himself.

No, he can thank the Detroit Lions for that....they ruin a lot of good college players....

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I want nothing to do with this player - someone shut the door please.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I saw it coming and am not surprised at all by his fall from grace. The whole thing with challenging the NFL and trying to come out early raised a big RED FLAG about him for me. He went against all of his friends and coachs advice and tried to go for the easy bucks. To me it said that he did not want to put in the work in college to earn his high draft spot. If he didn't want to work then he was likely not going to want to work after he got drafted. And viola (thats french for walla) here he is cut again after not wanting to work hard enough to make it in the NFL.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
abersonc;2168961 said:
As to Williams, it very well could be the end of the road. The Lions made him the tenth overall pick in the 2005 draft, but they gave up on him not long thereafter, trading him to Oakland for a half-empty bag of mulch. He had a failed stint with the Raiders before landing in Tennessee during the 2007 season.
I can't imagine any team giving him another chance.

What would be the point?

coblue

Reaction score
Never know.

If you gets it all, Michael might save him from extinction.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2168993 said:
What a waste. I bet he wishes he never challenged the NFL rule for early entry into the draft. IMO, that's where he screwed up. If he had stayed in school another year, he might have been picked higher than 10th and be a top receiver in the league today. That's pure speculation, but you have to wonder.

I agree, but in his defense, he didn't declare until a lower court had ruled in Claret's favor.

DFWJC

Reaction score
jobberone;2168986 said:
What the heck is wrong here. Can't just be his weight.

According to news from the Titans training camp (sources are official site, local news, and message boards) he dropped more balls by far than any of the other guys in camp. His weight was actually down 25-30 lbs. It sounds like he is still slightly out of shape, but that is not the main thing. They are trying to help him by releasing him early so he can try somewhere else.

The Titans don't have any start receviers obviously, but their core group is very young and getting better fast...so the situation is deceiving. Guys like Justine Gage, Roydell Williams, Brandon Jones, rookie Lavelle Hawkins, Justin Cairens (sp?) and Biren Ealy are all looking good. Several are big targets...plus Alge Crumpler is thre now too. Williams is not good enough to make that team.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
DFWJC;2169387 said:
According to news from the Titans training camp (sources are official site, local news, and message boards) he dropped more balls by far than any of the other guys in camp. His weight was actually down 25-30 lbs. It sounds like he is still slightly out of shape, but that is not the main thing. They are trying to help him by releasing him early so he can try somewhere else.

The Titans don't have any start receviers obviously, but their core group is very young and getting better fast...so the situation is deceiving. Guys like Justine Gage, Roydell Williams, Brandon Jones, rookie Lavelle Hawkins, Justin Cairens (sp?) and Biren Ealy are all looking good. Several are big targets...plus Alge Crumpler is thre now too. Williams is not good enough to make that team.

with the guy throwing the ball there, it doesnt really matter who they line up at WR...they could have Irvin and Rice in their primes and it probably wouldnt make much difference

David

DFWJC

Reaction score
dbair1967;2169403 said:
with the guy throwing the ball there, it doesnt really matter who they line up at WR...they could have Irvin and Rice in their primes and it probably wouldnt make much difference

David

Sadly true

AbeBeta

Reaction score
zack;2169249 said:
No, he can thank the Detroit Lions for that....they ruin a lot of good college players....

Very few college guys can take a year off after only two college seasons and develop.

Williams did this to himself. He got bad advice.

Shady12

Reaction score
dbair1967;2169403 said:

David

Or, a lot of pretty good QB's would look pretty sucky with that receiving corps. Their leading receiver last year is a poor man's Patrick Crayton. Not that I'm saying VY is a good passer at this point, but it would be hard for a qb to develop with those receivers.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Shady12;2169679 said:
Or, a lot of pretty good QB's would look pretty sucky with that receiving corps. Their leading receiver last year is a poor man's Patrick Crayton. Not that I'm saying VY is a good passer at this point, but it would be hard for a qb to develop with those receivers.

its hard to tell with him, because he is such a poor passer

the guy is inaccurate as hell and makes alot of dumb decisions

David