TJ Bass No. 1 in college on zone runs

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
A lot project him to switch to guard. Maybe that will help out.

Just because a player went undrafted doesn't mean he's automatically trash
I never meant he is a trash, sorry if it came across so. I am a big fan of Tony Romo and would never say anyone is trash without solid evidence.

just offered my .02 since with such a good run blocking rating the guy should be atleast a lower draft pick.

Jarntt

Reaction score
He was so good at it that he went undrafted!
Well he was a Tackle in College right? The Cowboys are always looking for guys that will play another position at the NFL level and aren't afraid to draft them if their performance is below what is normally wanted but they see potential at another position. They often move Tackles to Guard and move DBs around as well. Perhaps not all teams are believers in this and some may strictly watch your game tape and judge you on that. Also, some teams sometimes see a flaw that they think is correctable and will lead to a better performance level. Lastly, the stat was on zone runs. I don't know the answer to this but was the offense he was in even a zone blocking scheme? Or was it a mix and he was only good at zone blocking and thus not great overall. Regardless there is a long list of players who were undrafted that went on to start in the NFL so let's at least let the kid put practice pads on before we write him off.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
How important is that to GM’s? They took a lot of OL in the draft but not him.
Not as important as agility, foot quickness, athletic ability. Bass seems to be lacking in those areas, but he also was a left tackle starter when he probably had to be because he was the team's best option not because it was the best option for him. He doesn't have great balance or the length looked for at tackle. Playing guard could help him lean on his strengths while limiting his weaknesses from getting exposed.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
He has bust written all over him. Hence, no one wasted a draft pick on him.
Your not kidding...He's so unathletic I bet he gets cut the first week of training camp. Just watching him @ the combine was cringe worthy. My thought was McCarthy was looking for someone with a sloppier looking body than him.

conner01

Reaction score
I never meant he is a trash, sorry if it came across so. I am a big fan of Tony Romo and would never say anyone is trash without solid evidence.

just offered my .02 since with such a good run blocking rating the guy should be atleast a lower draft pick.
I don’t know much about him. Just the odds are slim of him being a star but lots of UDFA end up with good careers, some become stars. If he could become a solid backup then he’s a steal since he cost no draft capital