TJ Bass No. 1 in college on zone runs

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

quickccc

Reaction score
How important is that to GM’s? They took a lot of OL in the draft but not him.
I'm guessing those GM's were not sold on Bass being an OT as he was in college.
However Cowboys apparently considering him more of an OG.

Apparently a technician who also plays with strength core that has to use those traits to compensate for very average athleticism.
Sound like typical Packer OL traits.

Sometimes those type players slip thru the cracks and end up pleasant surprises. Here's hoping it happens for us.

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
Because that's what he actually excelled at on the football field, hence the title.

Zone isn’t pulls and traps, it’s more about getting lateral side to side movement and double teams. When you see zone teams doing that stuff, it’s usually a changeup play that uses a man or gap blocking scheme.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Yes the adult thing to do is automatically disregard them because of where they were(or werent) drafted.
You're talking to a dude who had to be forced to say Steele wasn't garbage because of his ego/internet character. That's the adult you're talking to lol

Mr_437

Reaction score
Cowboys wants former OTs to play OG for their run scheme. The is issue is finding guys with power to make that transition. Bass weighs 317, which, is good but we don't have record of his bench press power.

Can he beat out: Edoga or Ball to make the 53? I'd say he has has a slim shot.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Bass certainly has the opportunity to compete at a concerning left guard position. That’s if they follow through on their threat to move everyone away from their best position.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Cowboys wants former OTs to play OG for their run scheme. The is issue is finding guys with power to make that transition. Bass weighs 317, which, is good but we don't have record of his bench press power.

Can he beat out: Edoga or Ball to make the 53? I'd say he has has a slim shot.
Ball is not long for this league let alone team.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
He is essentially O’cyrus Torrence albeit Dallas didn’t have to waste a valuable day 2 pick on.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm guessing those GM's were not sold on Bass being an OT as he was in college.
However Cowboys apparently considering him more of an OG.

Apparently a technician who also plays with strength core that has to use those traits to compensate for very average athleticism.
Sound like typical Packer OL traits.

Sometimes those type players slip thru the cracks and end up pleasant surprises. Here's hoping it happens for us.
Where there is enough focused heart, he'll gain positional strengths as well as physical dominance in two to three seasons.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I think Bass certainly has the opportunity to compete at a concerning left guard position. That’s if they follow through on their threat to move everyone away from their best position.
Does his arm and hand size indicate guard and a strength with run blocking demonstrated?