News: TLH: Realistic 2022 NFC East outlook and prediction for the Cowboys

ESisback

Reaction score
I think it’s kinda pointless to predict records in May, but just for fun…

Dallas 10-7 or 11-6
Philly 9-8 or 10-7
Commanders 9-8 or 10-7
NYG 6-11 or 7-10

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The organizational issue comes down to one thing.

If I am a player for this team, I have to ask myself "what am I paid to do"? "What is my job"?

Do you think these players think their job is to win games? These players haven't been drafted or signed in free agency, they've been signed to be in a reality TV show. They can be a star and win absolutely nothing.

It all stems from there being no downside for ownership in not winning. That rolls downhill to the players. They even get defended by the owner in the media. The whole team is so inside the loop that they have no idea what it looks like outside it and why fans are so pissed.

The Cowboys should have Russell Crowe on the Boogertron after every home game with "are you not entertained"? Because that's what it is and that's all it is.
The absolute truth.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
This whole thing about no team has repeated has gotten really old. It's a stupid reason for people to pick a different team to win the east this upcoming season. I dont think the Eagles did enough to take the East from Dallas.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Which has literally no bearing on what happens a season later.

We have the superior QB and overall Team ........ in the regular season we are way better ........ if they get in the playoffs with us it might be different.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not saying the Eagles won't be a problem, they will be, they usually are. I even think the Commanders can be also. Even with Wentz at QB, he is far better than what they trotted out there for a very long time. But did they improve their defense. I think they were over rated from 2020, and with Young out most of 2021 I am not sure their defense suffered some or not. He was not doing much before his injury.

I think the D will be better as most of the team returns and a few decent additions. They really did not lose anyone player that is significant, and replaced those they did lose.
It is the 2nd year under Quinn, so naturally they should be better. Still need to improve stopping the run though.

Yes, the offense goes as the OL goes. We seen this too many times over the past 2 to 3 years. Hopefully Zeke and Tony are 100% now, they should be. But Moore needs to use them correctly as he did in the 1st 6 games last year. Add a few extra plays for Tony, especially in the passing game. He is more dangerous in open space.

I won't say they need a 50-50 split, some do. It really is a moot point to say one way or the other. I guess it depends on how each performs week to week. But Tony does need more touches, and they need to on the field together more often.
This is a make or break season for both RB's. Zeke a possible cap casualty, or a restructure (depending his performance), Tony will be a FA, how much will he demand as opposed to keeping Zeke. Much less, but can he handle the full load, or bring in another RB, who knows. That is next years issue or one of them.

Tyron goes down and he usually does, yes, the offense struggles more, again.

I would just go with the hot hand. Play both guys and whomever is running better, give more carries. But we both know this wont happen.

As far as Moore using the RB's different then he did in the first 7 games there is a great article that I posted showing that Moore didnt do anything differently. He did the same things, the run game simply wasnt good enough and wasnt producing well enough.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There are times when Dak has enough time but doesn't get rid of the ball. We saw it in the Niners game.
And since our offense is pass-dominated, I focused on it and not the running game.

Problem is you cant see why he didnt get rid of it. Were guys covered, was he chased from the pocket? Many fans just assume QB's hold it for no reason. The guy can play QB and do it at a high level. SF game, Dak was the least of our problems.

jnday

Reaction score
Eh they have the 3rd best QB in the division and that is a sad commentary. They all these weapons but Hurts cannot connect with them. He is simply not that guy. That means the Eagles are going to be reliant on a defense to carry which got better on paper, but many a time we have seen teams load up with defenders on paper only for it not to mesh on the field. Basically I have seen nothing that tells me the Eagles closed what was a sizable gap. It is certainly going to be closer but there was a sizable gap between the Cowboys and Eagles (really there was a large gap between the Eagles and every team that made the playoffs in either conference).
The sorry state of the whole NFCE is a sad commentary. Dallas lost 5-6 starters and the Eagles improved. I don’t think either team is capable of winning a wildcard playoff game without a big miracle taking place.

jnday

Reaction score
I hope this does not happen but:

If the Cowboys potentially have to play other teams in the NFC East without Collins, Williams, and Tyron Smith, Prescott and his offense will be hard-pressed to find success. There are great receivers and running backs available. But if the quarterback doesn’t have enough time to make a throw and the backs can’t even make it out of the backfield, Dallas is going to seriously struggle in a division they swept in 2021.
I don’t think the division has improved much at all. Dallas just lost the distinction of being the turd that doesn’t stink as much as the other turds in the division. My how the mighty have fallen.

jnday

Reaction score
There are a lot of Philly slobberers on here. Many times I believe they are more Eagles fans than Cowboys fans.
There are only a few fans from other teams on this board and most of them are open about their fandom. If Dallas was the team that they should be, opposing fans would not show up here to embarrass themselves.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I'm going with the Eagles to win the NFC East this season. Just think the Cowboys schedule this year has them getting off to a slow start. The Cowboys will get better as season goes on and will be a wild card threat. But don't see them getting in at the end. Cowboys fans will be ready to move on from Dak, Zeke, McCarthy and Moore. Not necessarily fair, but it'll happen.

Sydla

Reaction score
We have the superior QB and overall Team ........ in the regular season we are way better ........ if they get in the playoffs with us it might be different.

Yeah, we aren’t way better now after each offseason.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Looks about right.

Philly did more than just draft guys that might develop. They went out and signed free agents who should help immediately.

The boys drafted guys but we lost more in free agency than we gained.

It's all about depth and the cowboys took a strength, depth at wr and made it into a glaring weakness.

JayFord

Reaction score
the only way Philly or anyone else wins the nfc east is if Dallas takes the year off (which given their track record they may)

the eagles arent good...idc about the moves they made, they arent good

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Problem is you cant see why he didnt get rid of it. Were guys covered, was he chased from the pocket? Many fans just assume QB's hold it for no reason. The guy can play QB and do it at a high level. SF game, Dak was the least of our problems.

Aikman said as much. CeeDee had one-on-one coverage most of the game. Dak wouldn't deliver the ball, or Kellen Moore wouldn't let him. And if it's the latter, it's just as damning, i.e., you don't trust your quarterback enough to let him take advantage of mismatches in the defensive scheme.

I'm not saying Dak is a problem. All I'm saying is if we're a pass-oriented team, he has to have more confidence in his arm and take advantage of what defenses give us.

The easiest thing to say is that a quarterback needs a great offensive line to succeed. But that can be a cop-out too. If all it takes is a great offensive line, then mail in a championship ring to Kirk Cousin, Ryan Tannehill, Danny Dimes, Mitch Trubisky or some other average quarterback. What separates the average from the good and good from the great is the ability to deliver the ball quickly and accurately even if you don't have a great line. You can scheme around not having a great offensive line. I mean, the Bengals and Joe Burrow got to the Super Bowl with a worse line than we had.

It can be done.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Aikman said as much. CeeDee had one-on-one coverage most of the game. Dak wouldn't deliver the ball, or Kellen Moore wouldn't let him. And if it's the latter, it's just as damning, i.e., you don't trust your quarterback enough to let him take advantage of mismatches in the defensive scheme.

I'm not saying Dak is a problem. All I'm saying is if we're a pass-oriented team, he has to have more confidence in his arm and take advantage of what defenses give us.

The easiest thing to say is that a quarterback needs a great offensive line to succeed. But that can be a cop-out too. If all it takes is a great offensive line, then mail in a championship ring to Kirk Cousin, Ryan Tannehill, Danny Dimes, Mitch Trubisky or some other average quarterback. What separates the average from the good and good from the great is the ability to deliver the ball quickly and accurately even if you don't have a great line. You can scheme around not having a great offensive line. I mean, the Bengals and Joe Burrow got to the Super Bowl with a worse line than we had.

It can be done.

Dak lacks no confidence in his arm. Thats a made up lie. Cowboys lost that game because they couldnt stop the run, got no pressure on the QB, and because the Oline got destroyed and had 9 penalties that killed drives.

Dak outplayed Garrapollo with more yards, 2 passing TD's and another rushing TD.

Bengals made it the SB on the leg of their kicker and their defense. They lost because of their Oline. 9 sacks. Burrows led the NFL in picks for most of the season.