News: TLH: Realistic 2022 NFC East outlook and prediction for the Cowboys

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Dak lacks no confidence in his arm. Thats a made up lie. Cowboys lost that game because they couldnt stop the run, got no pressure on the QB, and because the Oline got destroyed and had 9 penalties that killed drives.

Dak outplayed Garrapollo with more yards, 2 passing TD's and another rushing TD.

Bengals made it the SB on the leg of their kicker and their defense. They lost because of their Oline. 9 sacks. Burrows led the NFL in picks for most of the season.

Several analysts have studied All-22 tapes and pointed out that Dak has had open receivers but failed to pull the trigger. In fact, one of the early criticism of Dak was that he was so conscientious about not turning the ball over that he wouldn't take chances.

Dak outplayed Garoppolo statistically because the Niners are a running team, the Cowboys a passing team and Dallas, basically, played from behind throughout the game, thus they had to throw the ball.

As for Burrows, he got better down the stretch, when your quarterback should get hot. In his last two games, he passed for a combined 971 yards, giving him the second-highest two-game passing total in NFL history.
Furthermore, the defense you say led the Bengals put Cincy in a hole 21-3 in the second quarter of the AFC Championship Game against the Chiefs. Guess who rallied the Bengals for a win?

Let's not dismiss Burrows' role in leading a team with a weak offensive line to the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, the line woes reared their ugly head in the Super Bowl. Of course, it didn't help that the offensive line was going against Aaron Donald.

Be that as it may, I don't care to have a long drawn-out discussion about this. You can have the last word. Another year brings another opportunity for any of us to be right or wrong in our assessments.

Personally, I believe Dak was still suffering from his calf injury, and I fully expect him to do better - at least I hope he does.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Several analysts have studied All-22 tapes and pointed out that Dak has had open receivers but failed to pull the trigger. In fact, one of the early criticism of Dak was that he was so conscientious about not turning the ball over that he wouldn't take chances.

Dak outplayed Garoppolo statistically because the Niners are a running team, the Cowboys a passing team and Dallas, basically, played from behind throughout the game, thus they had to throw the ball.

As for Burrows, he got better down the stretch, when your quarterback should get hot. In his last two games, he passed for a combined 971 yards, giving him the second-highest two-game passing total in NFL history.
Furthermore, the defense you say led the Bengals put Cincy in a hole 21-3 in the second quarter of the AFC Championship Game against the Chiefs. Guess who rallied the Bengals for a win?

Let's not dismiss Burrows' role in leading a team with a weak offensive line to the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, the line woes reared their ugly head in the Super Bowl. Of course, it didn't help that the offensive line was going against Aaron Donald.

Be that as it may, I don't care to have a long drawn-out discussion about this. You can have the last word. Another year brings another opportunity for any of us to be right or wrong in our assessments.

Personally, I believe Dak was still suffering from his calf injury, and I fully expect him to do better - at least I hope he does.

Anyone could go through ANY QB's film of ANY game and pick out some plays where he should have thrown it and didnt. Nothing new here.

LOL.............2nd quarter rally? Dont think I have ever heard anyone brag about coming back in with so much time left in the game.

And how many points did the Cincy D allow Mahomes and their incredible offense in the 2nd half?

Not to say that Burrows didnt have some good moments in the playoffs, but it was the D and especially the all world rookie kicker that had the clutch kicks down the stretch to win most of those games.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What do you have against the Giants to finish last? :laugh:
Are you saying Dak is better than Jones for this. :muttley:

Dak is the 2nd best QB in the NFC East......think this clarifies it for you!

Motorola

Reaction score
I see picking Philly to win the division an indictment on the entire NFC East. How do we stoop so low as to allow a team with a running back playing quarterback win the division? If Dallas doesn't win the division it's going to be either the Giants or 'Skins. Not to a team with aei gimmick at quarterback.
After three seasons, Daniel Jones still underwhelms as the Giants QB.
And Carson Wentz will bring in his big-game flops and toxic teammate attitude to add on to-ever growing manure pile the Commanders team owner created.

Cowboys end the streak; they will repeat as NFC East Champions.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I don't think the Eagles will be strong contenders for the NFCE at all. I think they will make the playoffs as a WC simply due to their schedule, I see 10 wins for them this year. I see 12-13 wins for the Cowboys maybe 11 wins on the low end. I do not think their running game will be able to carry them like it did the second part of the year last year, Defense tend to adjust to that sorta thing. Hurts is not going to sit back in the pocket and pick a team apart, so while they added AJ Brown and he is very talented, he is only as good as the QB getting him the ball. All their rookies they drafted while very talented, will take a year or two to really make those impacts, I doubt they have a Parson's like player that steps in and dominates from Day 1. We will see though. Next year is more likely then this year that they will battle for the NFCE crown, unless the Cowboys just fall apart (which is not out of the question).

Pentagruel

Reaction score
While I don’t think this scenario is unrealistic I also don’t think it’s the most likely scenario. Putting the history of non-repeating nfc east champs aside (because that’s just coincidence at the end of the day), I think Dallas still has the strongest squad on paper. Philly did a lot to improve this off-season and worse yet, I think they should have the means to improve a lot next year too, but at the end of the day they don’t have a QB and that counts for a lot. If things go poorly for Dallas for whatever reason I do think the Eagles are the most likely team to step in but I wouldn’t predict that as the most likely outcome.

DonaldM

Reaction score
More clueless predictions...love it. I know more from my keyboard.

Motorola

Reaction score
Realistic outlook. :lmao: Lost me as soon as I seen that and the Eagles winning.
It is only as realistic as the writers opinion, and those that believe it. More like unrealistic.

Dallas are the current NFCE Champions, and they remain the favorite until some team beats them. :popcorn:
I follow that rule every year. Except the 2021 season when the fraud Washington team won by default in 2020. Taking advantage of the Dak-less / OL injured Dallas team of 2020.
Then-named "Football Team" won 2020 East because they BARELY stumbled less than their rivals.
7-9 record - just one game better than both the Cowboys AND the Giants - who by the way had the same winning division record with D.C. at 4-2. (All three teams finished 5-7 in the conference. )

CapnB

Reaction score
I've said it a 100x and I'll say it 100x more... Phily needs a QB and will not take that next step with hurts at the helm. Boys wear the nfc east crown again (as if that means anything anymore)

Batman1980

Reaction score
I've said it a 100x and I'll say it 100x more... Phily needs a QB and will not take that next step with hurts at the helm. Boys wear the nfc east crown again (as if that means anything anymore)

Worst division in football until proven otherwise.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
The Eagles' chances boil down to Hurts' performance as a passer. I've followed Hurts since college. He's a nice guy, unflappable, but he's just not a very good throwing quarterback. A glorified Tim Tebow with more athleticism. I just don't see much improvement.

The Cowboys' chances boil down to our offensive line. Dak doesn't do well when he doesn't get maximum protection, and he's not going to use his legs like Hurts will. So our offensive line needs to protect him better.

Whichever of the two chances wins out, that is the team that takes the division crowd.

I also wouldn't rule out Washington either. Chase Young is coming back and the Commanders have a monster of a defensive line.
NFC will be fascinating this year with all the change in personnel. Nothing would surprise me except the Giants winning the division, and even they could be improved. I agree with you on Washington as well. If that defense can revert to form they could be a tough out. Plus I know Wentz is viewed as the antichrist around here, and he makes some completely boneheaded mistakes, but he can also make plays. Can't wait for the year to start.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Aikman said as much. CeeDee had one-on-one coverage most of the game. Dak wouldn't deliver the ball, or Kellen Moore wouldn't let him. And if it's the latter, it's just as damning, i.e., you don't trust your quarterback enough to let him take advantage of mismatches in the defensive scheme.

I'm not saying Dak is a problem. All I'm saying is if we're a pass-oriented team, he has to have more confidence in his arm and take advantage of what defenses give us.

The easiest thing to say is that a quarterback needs a great offensive line to succeed. But that can be a cop-out too. If all it takes is a great offensive line, then mail in a championship ring to Kirk Cousin, Ryan Tannehill, Danny Dimes, Mitch Trubisky or some other average quarterback. What separates the average from the good and good from the great is the ability to deliver the ball quickly and accurately even if you don't have a great line. You can scheme around not having a great offensive line. I mean, the Bengals and Joe Burrow got to the Super Bowl with a worse line than we had.

It can be done.
That study ball video Kurt Warner did on the SF game was very enlightening. And depressing if one's being honest. Unless you think both Dak and the play design will improve.

Motorola

Reaction score
Winning the division just guarantees a home game in the wildcard round in both conferences - except for the division winners with the best records - they get the only bye offered.