TMZ: Ezekiel Elliott Allegedly Punched Man In Nose At Bar - Not Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukin2006

Reaction score
A young 20 something male may have gotten into a bar scrap, big deal, when I was into the bar scene, fights occurred regularly...he may not even have started it, or it could have been mutual...

Sydla

Reaction score
After an hour of reading and digesting, I see ZERO evidence he was even involved in any capacity. All I saw was one single post on Twitter. That's it. If Zeke really knocked him out, there would be a much bigger footprint on social media. And I would have expected to see footage. In today's time, someone always catches it on their phone. I saw a person on Facebook say he was there last night and the whole report is false. Zeke was just in the vicinity of the incident and had nothing to do with it at all.

The police report didn't even list a description of the suspect at all. Where is the basis that he was involved?

There were tweets last night that he did it. TMZ now has a video of the guy laying on the floor and the guy who shot the video has confirmed it was Zeke who laid him out. So there is some corroboration at this point.

I am hoping it is as the guy said........... Zeke just happened to be there but there appears to be more and more coming out that he was involved in some capacity.

erod

Reaction score
A young 20 something male may have gotten into a bar scrap, big deal, when I was into the bar scene, fights occurred regularly...he may not even have started it, or it could have been mutual...
The league thinks quite differently.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
More info coming out, apparently a drunk guy was harassing and grabbing a woman from Zeke's party and Elliott intervened.

Still not a good situation and I can see this coming back to bite him, but if this story is true it sounds like he was defending a woman being harassed which obviously changes the narrative

erod

Reaction score
There were tweets last night that he did it. TMZ now has a video of the guy laying on the floor and the guy who shot the video has confirmed it was Zeke who laid him out. So there is some corroboration at this point.

I am hoping it is as the guy said........... Zeke just happened to be there but there appears to be more and more coming out that he was involved in some capacity.
There's no doubt that Zeke hit the guy at this point. The question is why.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Tell me more what I think.

Am I jealous of Prescott? What about Witten? What about a backup like Green? I need to know these things going forward.
I can't tell you what you think. I can tell you what I think. I've said/implied this a few times already. I see you're back to bad comprehension skills. We aren't going to agree so go ahead post your little rebuttal but I'm done with this interaction. Have a great day

aria

Reaction score
The bottom line (to me) is the NFL needs to quit punishing players (of every team) for incidents that aren't illegal, or don't result in an arrest.

I actually agree with you for the most part but I doubt it will ever completely go away. People act like the NFL is the only company/organization that can punish employees for not breaking the law. Lots of companies have guidelines and standards that are punishable whether a law was broken or not.

The players union can try to fight it and take away some power but I don't think it will be as loose as you hope.

erod

Reaction score
More info coming out, apparently a drunk guy was harassing and grabbing a woman from Zeke's party and Elliott intervened.

Still not a good situation and I can see this coming back to bite him, but if this story is true it sounds like he was defending a woman being harassed which obviously changes the narrative

That's exactly what I hope for. If he was defending a woman who was being physically touched by a guy against her will, then I support Zeke 1000% on this.

Sydla

Reaction score

Hands on the girl could buy him an out if he did crack the guy.

But again, he needs to start avoiding situations like this altogether.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Hands on the girl could buy him an out if he did crack the guy.

But again, he needs to start avoiding situations like this altogether.
I doubt Goodell would see it like that tbh.

Sydla

Reaction score
I doubt Goodell would see it like that tbh.

Oh I have no doubt the NFL will take a different stance but from more a PR perspective, it helps him.

But the fact the NFL likely won't care about the circumstances is my reasoning behind my saying at this point, Elliott needs to start getting a lot smarter.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Just gonna have to get used to it with Zeke. He'll probably average 2-3 offseason incidents every year for the rest of his career. It's his lifestyle, he can't change it...in fact, I bet this will make him go even harder from now on!

erod

Reaction score
Yup. Back in the early 90s, the league didn't really care. Nowadays, they do. You have to avoid these things.
Oh, they cared. They just didn't know.

You know those phones that everybody just can't live without anymore? They reveal everything on celebrities these days.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Once again. Regardless of the facts and regardless of the outcome, Zeke is entering his second NFL season and continues to be the guy in these situations. He's not learning anything, or he just doesn't care. He's living a lifestyle that often derails NFL stars, especially in this era.

Status
Not open for further replies.