TMZ: Ezekiel Elliott Allegedly Punched Man In Nose At Bar - Not Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So a platter should be suspended for several incidents combined when they are all unrelated that do not deserve a suspension as a single entity.
Maybe the bouncer started the incident.

Walked into a marijuana shop........so is this legal, if you walked into that shop, would your employer suspend you (if you are not self-employed)

Texted a girlfriend that he would beat an upcoming drug test.......this means nothing, my friends and I joked all the time, when we had to take drug tests for employment, and none of us did or do drugs.

Domestic violence allegations in Ohio......no charges were made and case dropped.

Pulling a girl's shirt down at a Dallas parade......immature act, girl was ok with it, nothing is ever mentioned except on here.

Two car accidents.......and he should be suspended for this, and neither was his fault, and and was a passenger in one of them.

And now a bar fight the week of his meeting in New York with the league office.......can we at least wait until we have some details.

This could suddenly be a much longer suspension......sounds like you want him suspended so you can have something to go on about

The NFL is so much about their image but at the same time they botch their punishments and suspensions all the time and it just feels like Zeke is getting the full wrath for all of their past mistakes.

I think he's done for 2 games at least just for making headlines.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reports in Dallas tell more. I just posted the first article I saw.

It is TMZ dude, and that article says nothing...just stuff to throw out to get clicks and to get fans all riled up...
If there is more to it, I will wait for real news to break it, not TMZ....you won't see TMZ reporting how Zeke is a big animal lover and helps them out.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So a platter should be suspended for several incidents combined when they are all unrelated that do not deserve a suspension as a single entity.

Walked into a marijuana shop........so is this legal, if you walked into that shop, would your employer suspend you (if you are not self-employed)

Texted a girlfriend that he would beat an upcoming drug test.......this means nothing, my friends and I joked all the time, when we had to take drug tests for employment, and none of us did or do drugs.

Domestic violence allegations in Ohio......no charges were made and case dropped.

Pulling a girl's shirt down at a Dallas parade......immature act, girl was ok with it, nothing is ever mentioned except on here.

Two car accidents.......and he should be suspended for this, and neither was his fault, and and was a passenger in one of them.

And now a bar fight the week of his meeting in New York with the league office.......can we at least wait until we have some details.

This could suddenly be a much longer suspension......sounds like you want him suspended so you can have something to go on about
I think the issue is the pattern of behavior. As been noted several times, Zeke is in the cross-hairs of the NFL. Anyway you look at it, this is not good for his personal "brand", the Cowboys or the NFL.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It's not a witch hunt when you routinely demonstrate poor judgment and draw negative attention to yourself. Zeke needs to grow up.

I love Zeke but at this point he has established himself as a knucklehead.

The Cowboys need to take away some of his privileges until he earns them back. He's clearly too immature at this point in his life to not get himself in trouble.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The NFL is so much about their image but at the same time they botch their punishments and suspensions all the time and it just feels like Zeke is getting the full wrath for all of their past mistakes.

I think he's done for 2 games at least just for making headlines.

The NFL witch hunt monopoly powers at it's worse.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Don't forget to add that incident back in Feb. Zeke went to a bar with his friend who got arrested for carrying a loaded gun.

That is not on Zeke but just another example of bad decisions that he was involved in. Zeke may very well have the worst luck than anyone but when you put yourself in those kind of situations........bad luck will reign :(

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
So when the league is just about to announce something your first though is "let's late night bar hop!" Kid needs a handler

I hate all this because we will never get a clear picture of JG, the team as a whole, etc because there will always be excuses tied to suspensions

erod

Reaction score

I understand, but that's a TON of things in just in one year in Dallas. The guy is just a whirwind of partying; remember, Joey Bosa had to move out to get away from Elliott's constant partying in college.

None of this is all that bad, but collectively, it's definitely a pattern of behavior. He needs to grow up quickly and realize this is a profession, not a recreational hobby.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
So when the league is just about to announce something your first though is "let's late night bar hop!" Kid needs a handler

I hate all this because we will never get a clear picture of JG, the team as a whole, etc because there will always be excuses tied to suspensions
Every year it's something. It's like a bad rerun.

diefree666

Reaction score
want a lot more corroboration then NY gossip columns. However tens of millions of people go about their lives and never get involved in anything like this. 99% of NFL players manage that as well. Why can't he be one?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Reports are surfacing that Zeke Elliott was involved in a bar fight last night, and he knocked a guy out. The guy (rumored to be a bouncer or DJ) had to be taken to the hospital. No charges have been filed as of yet.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/17/ezekiel-elliot-bar-fight-incident/

So in one year....

Walked into a marijuana shop.
Texted a girlfriend that he would beat an upcoming drug test.
Domestic violence allegations in Ohio.
Pulling a girl's shirt down at a Dallas parade.
Two car accidents.
And now a bar fight the week of his meeting in New York with the league office.

This could suddenly be a much longer suspension. I was all for drafting Elliott, but this is starting to look like a bad mistake with the No. 4 pick.
I am not dismissing any of it yet. where is proof of his text? and no charges were filed against him by the girlfriend and any charges were dropped. apprantley she told him she will get even with him and there is text of that.....

and this is from TMZ. you read the article and it says, there is no proof. there are no charges. there is no knowledge. and it is TMZ, and they take any dick, tom, harry or jane saying something about a celebrity and print it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The sad thing is, the NFL can't suspend him for the ongoing BS biased investigation, but yet they could use this as a reason to suspend him, when there may not even be anything to it.
If no incident reports were filed, then nothing should come from it. But as the NFL makes up it own rules, they will convict him of farting him they deem they need to.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cops said based on the lack of information and the fact the accuser appeared to be intoxicated, no arrests were made.

A rep for Elliott would only say his client was not arrested and no formal criminal complaint has been filed against the RB.
Maybe all this handwringing is for nothing and we should wait for the entire story to surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.