News: TMZ: Jerry Jones Tells Aaron Donald He Was Heartbroken At 2014 Draft, We Wanted You!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love how people are putting this all on Jerry when his equally idiotic son was right there with him.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To the people worried about it offending Martin.

The story is well known that the Cowboys had Shazier's agent on the line telling him they were picking Ryan Shazier right before the Steelers snatched him from the Cowboys grips.

That story is no secret.

Somehow I don't think Martin is too worried about Jerry telling AD that hey wanted him.

Aven8

Reaction score
I coveted Donald too! Best player I’ve seen in college in a long time. The dude was unstoppable.

I like Zach but we could have found another guard. Imagine Donald playing the 3 all these years?!?

Damn you Jeff Fisher!!!!!!!

quickccc

Reaction score
Was Jerry also heartbroken over not being able to draft his dream boy - QB Johnny Football Manziel - in that same draft class, ..instead of OG Zack Martin ?

quickccc

Reaction score
I coveted Donald too! Best player I’ve seen in college in a long time. The dude was unstoppable.

I like Zach but we could have found another guard. Imagine Donald playing the 3 all these years?!?

I liked Donald too, but Zack Martin is a potential Hall of Famer too ... not just another OG.
So I have no regrets about that.

Imagine missing out on him too in favor of Jerry's boy Johnny Manziel ?

Aven8

Reaction score
I liked Donald too, but Zack Martin is a potential Hall of Famer too ... not just another OG.
So I have no regrets about that.

Imagine missing out on him too in favor of Jerry's boy Johnny Manziel ?

I realize that, but Donald is a once every 10 years type of player. It’s all moot. We made out ok, but he would have been fun. Greg Ellis wasn’t awful either, but he was no Randy Moss.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Zack was def a third option for Jerry. Aaron manziel and then zack. Stephen prob had Aaron then zack. Would have Made an all pro choice either way it seems with Stephen banging the table

quickccc

Reaction score
I realize that, but Donald is a once every 10 years type of player. It’s all moot. We made out ok, but he would have been fun. Greg Ellis wasn’t awful either, but he was no Randy Moss.

although Greg EIllis was solid, but Zack is a future Hall of Famer.

maybe a better comparison will be Tyrone Smith vs JJ Watt. - and we chose Tyrone over JJ Watt. But both likely to be HOF candidates

yeh, and I said it - some wont believe this either, but Tyrone Smith has an excellent chanceto be a likely future HOFer before its all said and done. In same class as Walter Jones whose already in there.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I like Zach but we could have found another guard.
Don't want to sound mean but lol at this garbage mentality of yours. Basically trying to downplay guard and be like oh we can get one of those off the street it's super easy

Yeah it's so easy that our last three left guards have been either ungodly injury-prone or been medicore despite being a top 50 pick......
I realize that, but Donald is a once every 10 years type of player.
Zach Martin when he retires might possibly be the third interior offensive lineman to make first ballot Hall of Fame in a 40-year span........

Let's not pretend like Martin isn't a generational type player as well. He's been in the NFL six years and has made all pro all six years, was the first rookie offensive lineman since 1947 to make first team all pro.....

just because people find his position boring doesn't mean that he's not a generational talent as well

Tussinman

Reaction score
some wont believe this either, but Tyrone Smith has an excellent chanceto be a likely future HOFer before its all said and done..
Tyron when he makes first team all decade this June will be an automatic lock for Canton

It's not likely/possible, he's already a lock. Seven time pro bowl, six time NFL top 100, and first team all decade at a premiere position is an automatic lock. He already has better reputation and accolades than Orlando Pace

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I can hear Ole Johnny Foosball crying in the background....

conner01

Reaction score

He was probably the one guy I wanted more than any in many years
Another I wanted really bad was Fred so I got some of what I wanted in a draft

John813

Reaction score
To the people worried about it offending Martin.

The story is well known that the Cowboys had Shazier's agent on the line telling him they were picking Ryan Shazier right before the Steelers snatched him from the Cowboys grips.

That story is no secret.

Somehow I don't think Martin is too worried about Jerry telling AD that hey wanted him.

IIRC their initial list was Donald, Barr and Shazier over Martin.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
If Jerry needed his daily fix to be in the Spotlight, he should have used that platform to congratulate Jimmy instead.

risco

Reaction score
Jerry Jones Tells Aaron Donald He Was Heartbroken At '14 Draft, We Wanted You!

cd49d0618b604dcf9ba70362d02f43c8_xl.jpg

Jerry Jones told Aaron Donald he was devastated when the Rams drafted the DT just 3 picks before the Cowboys took Martin in 2014!!!

Read Full Story

Think I'll go home and have me a shot of bourbon, lol!

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Jerry Jones Tells Aaron Donald He Was Heartbroken At '14 Draft, We Wanted You!

cd49d0618b604dcf9ba70362d02f43c8_xl.jpg

Jerry Jones told Aaron Donald he was devastated when the Rams drafted the DT just 3 picks before the Cowboys took Martin in 2014!!!

Read Full Story
This is the fool that traded up for David LaFleur. But did not trade up for Aaron Donald.

Jerry the Dumbo GM in charge of Jocks and Socks since 1994.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Jerry wanted him so bad he never drafted or signed a legit one since lol