TNF: 49ers at Seahawks

Carson

Reaction score
He should have it. Makes me wonder how close Dak was to converting when he slid

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The description they gave is not my understanding of the slide rule at all.
Was it more like this?

FLuPiSA.jpg

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing maybe they should change. Inside the 2 minutes instead of a 40 second clock, make it 30.
Could make things a little more interesting.

Just a wild thought.
:laugh:

Jayinem

Reaction score
49ers seem like they can throw anybody at QB and be good. Colin Kaepernick got to a Super Bowl, Jimmy Garapalo too.

Meanwhile we haven't even sniffed one since 1996.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
There is a good chance the NFC East gets 4 teams. Detroit and Seattle have tough schedules to end the season. I just don’t see Detroit winning in New York or Green Bay.

It’s interesting because the last week of the season will likely be big for the Giants and they play the Eagles. If the Eagles have the East wrapped up they may rest starters in that game, so I’d imagine the Giants will be rooting for them to beat us.

plasticman

Reaction score
At Brady, at SF, at Philly would be our likely path. We’ll warm it for sure
Well, if the Cowboys are going to do it, they might as eliminate their three greatest criticisms at the same time.

Can't beat Brady.

Can't play physical (at San Fran)

Can't raise their intensity level to match the circumstances (Playing the Eagles for the NFC Championship game and advance to the Super Bowl)

Hey, by no means should the Cowboys be favored to accomplish all of this, but I've seen things.

In 1975 nobody expected the Cowboys to have a winning season much less make the playoffs as a wildcard. It was supposed to be a rebuilding year. For the first time in 9 seasons the Cowboys didn't make the playoffs the previous year. Their record was 8-6. All their stars from the late 60's were retiring.

This was an exciting surprise but to beat the #1 seed in the first round?

Back then there were three divisions. There was one wildcard team per conference. Therefore, the #1 seed hosted the wildcard. Of course the Cowboys were the underdogs. When the Cowboys beat the Vikings with Staubach's Hail Mary pass you it was only natural to believe that the Cowboys played tough enough to get lucky and end up in the NFC championship game with the Los Angelos Rams.

Nobody believed the Cowboys could beat the Rams. Nobody!

The Rams had the #1 defense with a defensive line that included Merlin Olsen, Fred Dryer and jack Youngblood. Their defense averaged 9.6 yards a game. They had a stable of star RB's like Lawrence McCutcheon, John Cappelletti, Cullen Bryant, Jim Bertelson. A young Harold Jackson was one of their receivers.

As surprising as the Viking game was, the NFC championship game was stunning, the Cowboys beat the Rams 37-7. At one point it was 31-0. I'll never forget the joy those two games gave me. You see, I was in Air Force basic training at the time, stationed at Lackland AFB. In the group (called a flight, actually) of fifty guys, there were only three of us Cowboys fans and we were getting the Cowboys hate.

Anyway, that was the only season where I never seriously thought the Cowboys might end up in the Super Bowl but they did. You never really know.

I know it's a reach. However, I have witnessed reaches.