TNF: Steelers vs Browns

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Yeah we saw him playing dirty against the qb earlier this year. The refs overlooked all the plays. Interested to see if the refs watch him closer now after this incident.

superonyx

Reaction score
Myles Garrett should be arrested for what he did.

I know its a slippery slope when people start getting arrested for violence within a violent game but a line has to be drawn somewhere and intent is a big part. He intended to crush another persons skull with a metal object. I don't even doubt that off the field he may be a great guy. You just can't have this stuff.

I believe that hockey player was arrested (Marty McSorley I think) when he used his stick to chop another player in the head when the other player didnt have a helmet on. It pretty much ended his career.

You just should not get away with hitting someone in the head with a helmet that you just ripped of his head. I don't care why you ripped it off.

shabazz

Reaction score
I thought that Hockey was supposed to be the mother of all violent sports:rolleyes:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I know its a slippery slope when people start getting arrested for violence within a violent game but a line has to be drawn somewhere and intent is a big part. He intended to crush another persons skull with a metal object. I don't even doubt that off the field he may be a great guy. You just can't have this stuff.

I believe that hockey player was arrested (Marty McSorley I think) when he used his stick to chop another player in the head when the other player didnt have a helmet on. It pretty much ended his career.

You just should not get away with hitting someone in the head with a helmet that you just ripped of his head. I don't care why you ripped it off.

LOL

shabazz

Reaction score

Excellent point about McSorley. I also remember Jeff Hanson getting arrested in a game when he played for the Charlestown Chiefs

kento40

Reaction score
Myles has been on a Vontaze Burfict kick all season. I don't know if it's the constant losing getting to him or something personal going on, but someone needs to straighten that man out before he foolishly looses everything he worked for. If he would have gashed or concussed that QB, I could definitely see the league making an example out of him like they should have done to Albert Haynesworth

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With how feminized football has become it was good to see a little masculinity again.

If this happened in the 70s NFL Films is glorifying it every chance they get. It happens now and it's the worst thing ever and people should be imprisoned.

I mean, Garrett should be disciplined but nowhere near to the point these people suggest.

Don't let them do that to this sport. It's a man's game. Let them fight.

shabazz

Reaction score
16 games period, he could of killed that guy. Maybe a permanent ban

Permanent Ban? Sadly it depends on who the combatants are. Hitting a Steeler will not go over so well with the League Executives.....assaulting a Cowboy player?..........not so much

efh313

Reaction score
Lmao at folks calling for arrest :laugh:
I may be deliberately and fictitiously misremembering these events but if we had a running back miss 4 games for staring at woman’s breasts who flashed him. This seems like a much bigger deal...
And assault with a deadly weapon is not an unreasonable charge. Or at least assault with intent to harm.

John813

Reaction score

McSorely got 18 months probation as well after being found guilt of assault (Canadian court fwiw)

romothesavior

Reaction score
With how feminized football has become it was good to see a little masculinity again.

If this happened in the 70s NFL Films is glorifying it every chance they get. It happens now and it's the worst thing ever and people should be imprisoned.

I mean, Garrett should be disciplined but nowhere near to the point these people suggest.

LOL

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dead on but we have to remember these players play a violent game. Actually I'm surprised we don't see more considering their mentality when they're on the field. Either way, as a player you have to know a helmet is considered a weapon and to use it in a fight during a game is sending your a.. home for a lot of games.

The sad thing here is there was only 8 second left and from my understanding, Garrett's not known for being a dirty player. Dude just lost it in the worst possible way........it will impact his career.

It was crazy how quickly everybody completely lost it.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
lmao at the ones say, 'it depends on what mason might have said'. how freaking stupid, who cares what he said. 'well it might have hurt his feelings.' that has to be the stupidest crap ever. smh. it was a late dirty hit, but let's find out what he said to the pos.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Jerry....call up Dorsey and see if you can make a deal.

Think MG was pizz tested after the game? He's gone for the remainder of the season.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score

I do think the one you talking about is McSorley-Donald Brashear incident.He made a vicious hit on Donald brashir's head. He was found guilty, but he avoided a jail sentence. Also you have the Todd Bertuzzi-Steve Moore case which the civil trial ended with all parties agreeing to a confidential settlement.