TNF Thread Vikings vs Rams

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Tell me how younger prime Witten, younger preinjury dez bryant, martellus Bennett, demarco murray, felix jones, marion barber, travis frederick, tyron smith was bad.
Man Alive!, that #29 D. Murray was the epitome of running-back BEAST MODE in that 2014 season,,, er,,,right up until that POST SEASON FUMBLE ,,,,Against Green Bay,,,SHEESE!,,,*he dropped faster than a cluster bomb on the " uncle Ho-Chi jungle highway " after that inexcusable footballish display of "I got this in the Bag" ,,,WHILE THE DECREED FATE'S CHISEL IT IN STONE,,," not hardly, high flyer"

*Att: #29 Earl Thomas,,, best pay heed& humble yer' rumble,,, LEST THE DECREED FATES CHISEL YER' CAREER EPITAPH, 2018,,,*
* just laying down for you TOP DAWG.

kevm3

Reaction score
You are just throwing out names and hoping they stick. It’s Nonsense.

That 13-3 season Dak had was when Free, Smith, Frederick, Leary all played together a minimum of theee years and Martin as well, who played with all of them for two. That is in no way comparable to the turnstyle Romo had.

Whenever Zeke ran it was because Linehan called run. And when teams adjusted and Dak was given more responsibility, he looked like trash and the plays were dumbed down for him.

So now Dak is in year 3 with Linehan and looks worse and worse every year and your going to sit here and tell me he’s look better under Garrett when Linehan even cut down on the 5-7 step drop for Dak, because he’s terrible at it and that’s was basically the bread and butter in Garrett’s Coryell.

Dak has never seen the trash that Romo did.. Teams played deep cover 2 against Romo and had no respect for the run when Garrett was an OC here. Ever defense is sitting on Dak and playing close to the line, because they aren’t in any way scared of him and they respect the run more than Dak’s and.

For you to sit here and compare the two is a joke.

Dak got sacked 32 times last year and Romo saw that regularly. Dak set records of futility that Dallas never saw in those conditions including going ten quarters without scoring, not being able to score against the third string Eagles defense. Dak has had more time to hold the ball this year than pretty much any QB this season.

LOL I'm throwing out names? Jason Witten isn't a hall of famer at tight end? Martellus Bennett didn't win a superbowl and was a pro bowler at tight end at other stops? Demarco Murray didn't rush for 1800 yards? Felix Jones didn't average 9 a carry his first year in? 5.9 his second?
So Dak playing with older out of their prime versions of those same guys that Romo was 'carrying' is Dak being in a 'perfect situation'?

Romo had a BETTER version of that O line than Dak, younger Witten, preinjury Dez, he had Terrance Williams and Cole Beasley, he had Demarco Murray who rushed for more yards than Zeke, so what was his excuse that year? Why did he only put up 21 against Green Bay in the playoffs?

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Take off the Dak hatred goggles for once and educate yourself a little bit buddy so that you understand the dynamics of everything that is happening here. Now Dak may turn out NOT to be the guy, but until these other issues are fixed we may never know. One HAS to wonder how he was so good as a rookie and is sooo bad now. And the next guy will have the same problems no matter how good he is. This is a GREAT article, please read it. Here is just a little taste:

A horrifying percentage of the Cowboys’ pass plays look like a variation of the same route combination. Three or four receivers, all of whom start in isolation on the outside, run to certain points downfield and turn around. That’s it. Sometimes their depths are staggered. Sometimes they’re not. There are no mesh designs. There are no rub routes. There are no bunch concepts. Occasionally, receivers will cross paths or run complementary routes, but just as often, they won’t. The Cowboys’ staff has done next to nothing to scheme their pass catchers open, so they’re left trying to create separation on their own—and considering the overall lack of receiving talent on this roster, that’s a challenge, even against a decimated secondary like Seattle’s.

Continue: https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/...ffense-dak-prescott-jason-garrett-jerry-jones

In 2015 the Cowboys were 4-12 .

Which meant in 2016 they played the “weak” schedule. Fact

DC’s also did not have film on this kid. They always had the lead. Which meant Dak’s flaws were often hidden.

Dez and Witten were both relevant , as of course was The Beast . Defenses had to repect these options .

Once they figured out Dez lost a step as did JW . DC’s adjusted. Made Dak beat them , pressed the WR and stacked the Box. Dak became what he is. A Fraud. And I’m sorry you can’t see that yet

khiladi

Reaction score
LOL I'm throwing out names? Jason Witten isn't a hall of famer at tight end? Martellus Bennett didn't win a superbowl and was a pro bowler at tight end at other stops? Demarco Murray didn't rush for 1800 yards? Felix Jones didn't average 9 a carry his first year in? 5.9 his second?
So Dak playing with older out of their prime versions of those same guys that Romo was 'carrying' is Dak being in a 'perfect situation'?

Romo had a BETTER version of that O line than Dak, younger Witten, preinjury Dez, he had Terrance Williams and Cole Beasley, he had Demarco Murray who rushed for more yards than Zeke, so what was his excuse that year? Why did he only put up 21 against Green Bay in the playoffs?

Of course your throwing out names. TWill was drafted in 2013 and so was Frederick. Your pretending like prime Witten was playing with these guys all throughout Romo’s career. Beasley came in 2012. Romo been starting since 2006 and Witten been staring since around 2004. Yes, exactly you are throwing out names.

Romo never has a better version that Dak with an OL. That was Martin’s first year and Frederick’s second in 2014. By the time Dak can’t around, these two were already playing together for three years. Leary was still here and so was Free and Smith, meaning you had three years minimum of them playing as a cohesive unit when Dak stepped in.

Felix Jones wasn’t even starting and you throwing out those numbers is like saying Hambrick was great, because he averaged 5 YPC backing up Emmitt and was better than Emmitt that year because he averaged more RPC. Troy Hambricks career numbers are basically equivalent to Felix. Felix Jones never even came close to breaking 1000 yards and like I said, Garrett was the guy in charge of the running game and he couldn’t conceive of a running game to save his life, which is why Wade wanted Dan Reeves here to babysit him.

Murray put up 1800 yards when Romo was basically IN CHARGE of the offense and had total control with the RPOs and Dallas was bottom of the barrell in passing attempts, yet Romo threw for 34 TDS and only 9 INTs, meaning the efficiency of Romo was unmatched.

Dak can’t even find TWill and your using him as an example. First of all, TWill was drafted in 2013, again seven years after Romo started. And as a SECOND WR in 2014 was top 3 with Dez in go routes, meaning he was better than pretty much every number 1 WR in the league, when Romo was QB and Dak’s numbers on those routes with BOTH OF THEM were less than 30%, meaning dude sucks at throwing outside the numbers.

You using TWill as an example of the greatness Romo had and his numbers are trash with Dak.
TWill’s worst numbers are with Dak and have been getting progressively worse each year when he should be in his prime. and Cole Beasley’s production dropped off the most, between Dak’s first year and second year, going from 75 catches to 36 and that was Dak’s go to WR and with Beasley hitting his prime.

Last edited:

zerofill

Reaction score
Take off the Dak hatred goggles for once

I don't hate Dak... That is where you are wrong. I wish Dak was a franchise QB. Because I don't want to spend years playing musical QBs like the browns.

While being a huge supporter of Romo, I don't want that era back either...

I would just like to have 2 seasons in a row we actually could make it to the playoffs.

I know you can't possibly think, if you watched a lot of coaching film clips, etc... on Dak... that he could not have had 250yd games with this receiving group, and line, if he had any confidence in his own ability.

This receiving crew we have, they were often a couple steps ahead of defenders on breaks. Unfortunately you have to throw those passes whether you are comfortable or not., You also have to throw them to tight windows where only
the receiver can catch them.

But if the Cowboys continue to deploy what might be the league’s most outdated offense with a roster devoid of premium talent, it won’t be long before they cease to matter as a competitive football team.

That part of the article includes Dak...

The article says nothing I didn't already say... Tyron is going down hill, The TEs aren't good. We all have seen a rookie Guard struggle. We have all said the play calling sucks.

That doesn't remove Dak from playing like a College backup. How many times have you seen Dak in the shotgun and look nowhere but one direction, for the first 2 to 3 seconds? When he decides to look later, the pocket is breaking down. He starts to panic, and... it is over.

That isn't something a 3rd year starter should be doing.

What was he even thinking when he ran up into the sack by 2 defenders in the Seattle game? We had a receiver open... He didn't see either of those 2 defenders right there? What? Did he go blind after his rookie year?

What is wrong with these curl routes, etc... we are running? They suck, we run them way to much... BUT... why isn't the ball in the air before they break? We see that done all the time in high school. Well at least I see it done here in high school, and back when I played.

I graduated with everyone's favorite trade deal in Dallas... Joey Galloway. Scott Woods, the QB had no problem throwing the ball on curls to Joey, or any of the JAGs on the team. Scott knew where the receivers were to be... Ball was in the air before they turned around. Is that really that complicated to do for Dak?

Dak doesn't know how to do that? It is within his range of 10 yards.

Dak really couldn't hit Rico in the end zone? Dak really threw that out route to Rico over his 6' 8" head? How do you miss a target the size of him?

He really has to throw behind Zeke?

He really can't throw a ball other then a go route, and Beasley running across the middle on shallow routes?

He really can't connect on any tight window passes?

I take that back... I saw him do that 3 times this year, and was impressed by those throws. But we were penalized on them. But, they are still there for him on many plays.

Sorry, but the offense isn't the greatest right now. Yes Dak, you will have to take chances with the ball. That is part of being an NFL QB. If you can't do that, then move out of the way for someone who will.

khiladi

Reaction score
An article on Dak 2016, where even with Dallas winning, the reality was becoming obvious. And this was his best season.

The example they use is from the Giants game, which was a legitimate defense that Dak had trouble with. Linehan simplified the WR routes to make it easier on Dak to process the whole year. But that becomes a real problem when the QB is like Dak, because you got to make reads quick and throw.

The reality is Dak DOES NOT PROCESS the field quickly and it’s something that he isn’t changing any time soon. This means the offense remains dumbed down.

Noted analyst Bob Sturm made the above observation after Dallas loss to the New York Giants last Sunday. Bryant showcased his mastery over the Cowboys’ route tree in 2014 so the limitation is not because of him. It’s clear that the team has simplified the variety of routes in the offense to limit the post-snap processing of their rookie quarterback....

In general, this is not a bad thing. The Cowboys have enough talent on offense that they can simplify Prescott’s reads and out-execute the defense on the way to victory. However, simplifying the offense becomes a problem when paired with the rookie’s reticence to make risky, tight window throws....

Beasley breaks his route back out to the sideline but it doesn’t seem like he’s gained a step on Rodgers-Cromartie. Witten is running a deep out behind him but safety Landon Collins has been able to sit on the route. Bryant is running a dig from the slot (remember what Sturm said earlier?) and looks to be cutting as well. Lastly, Williams is running a go route but Prescott never takes his eyes off the middle of the field...

However, instead of being ready to throw, the rookie quarterback actually pulls the ball back down. He clearly senses the linebacker getting back up but the defender shouldn’t be able to affect the play. At this point Prescott should have made his decision and be in the process of throwing the ball or thrown it already.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...dak-prescott-must-master-middle-of-the-field/

Last edited:

zerofill

Reaction score
An article on Dak 2016, where even with Dallas winning, the reality was becoming obvious. And this was his best season.

The example they use is from the Giants game, which was a legitimate defense that Dak had trouble with. Linehan simplified the WR routes to make it easier on Dak to process the whole year. But that becomes a real problem when the QB is like Dak, because you got to make reads quick and throw.

The reality is Dak DOES NOT PROCESS the field quickly and it’s something that he isn’t changing any time soon. This means the offense remains dumbed down.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...dak-prescott-must-master-middle-of-the-field/

And that explains the kind of windows he needs to hit this year... and he won't try it... because he knows he can't do it.

khiladi

Reaction score
And that explains the kind of windows he needs to hit this year... and he won't try it... because he knows he can't do it.

Plus, it seems like he does not process the field quickly, which is why he stares down WRs.

These are things that you can’t change this far in the game and they got to most likely cut their losses as soon as they can.

zerofill

Reaction score
Plus, it seems like he does not process the field quickly, which is why he stares down WRs.

These are things that you can’t change this far in the game and they got to most likely cut their losses as soon as they can.

When he is in the shotgun, he looks nowhere but to the right at a minimum 85% of the time for 2 to 3 seconds and it drives me insane. Watch the friggin rookies... swiveling, like Mayfield. Mayfield scans everything like crazy.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Receivers were either over the hill or horrid. Coaching was horrid. Witten retired and Dez cant find a job. LOL

Oline was top notch and Zeke was amazing. So he and two things perfect and two things horrid. And if you throw in the Defense that was average at best. So the claim that he had everything perfect around him is total and complete BS.

Now the best thing he had going for him, the Oline is also gone. And posters like you wonder why he has regressed. LOL

As if nothing changed in the Atlanta game. LOL
Still blaming dez delusional

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Watched some of that game on the dvr when I got off, and the accuracy and ability to read the field that Goff showed in college was on full display last night. Some of those throws were as spot on as you can be. You absolutely, cannot teach accuracy like that. You either have it or you don’t and that is why I was so high on him coming out of the draft.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In 2015 the Cowboys were 4-12 .

Which meant in 2016 they played the “weak” schedule. Fact

DC’s also did not have film on this kid. They always had the lead. Which meant Dak’s flaws were often hidden.

Dez and Witten were both relevant , as of course was The Beast . Defenses had to repect these options .

Once they figured out Dez lost a step as did JW . DC’s adjusted. Made Dak beat them , pressed the WR and stacked the Box. Dak became what he is. A Fraud. And I’m sorry you can’t see that yet

I can agree with what you said there buddy on all points accept Dez and Witten. However, you severally downplay the importance of the Oline, time to throw, and the threat of the run game dominating with zeke.

That being said, I have openly said in this entire conversation that Dak is playing horrible and is not the QB you need if the Oline is not top notch. He is more of a bus driver type. If we cant fix the Oline then Dak is NOT the QB we need.

And on the other hand, even a gun slinger like Romo never did diddly here. Its because he never had the coaching or team around him to do so.