To all those saying Dak Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydla

Reaction score
The statement was that Dak was another Bortles. It's not a question if if he's a good quarterback or not, it's a question of whether we feel the Cowboys can win with Dak. If Bortles can do it, why can't Dak, even if he's "terrible"....

Because more than likely, Bortles in the AFC title game was anomaly, luck, whatever. A mediocre QB who got hot and rode a hot defense to the AFC Champ game.

Is that what people are really suggesting should be our plan? Hope to get lucky?

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
All this is great but Dak looked the same last year with Dez and Witten. Of course then people said that all the WRs including Beasley declined at the same time.

What's different from his rookie year? Defenses stack the middle, take away inside routes, and force Dak to throw to the outside. Dak has not shown he can do that with any consistency. Just look at his rating on 3rd down passing situations.

Instead of trying to get Dak to throw to the outside to open things up, they have opted for go routes, which Dak does throw well. Go routes though require time so defenses are blitzing and Dak is lost. Pocket awareness is bad. Doesn't throw the ball to the hole left by the blitz, and it's only because he is a good runner that he has been able to keep anything going.

How many sideline passes did Watson throw last night? Several. We can argue about Dak forever but he isn't going to make it in this league without being able to hit WRs to the outside 10-20 yards down field. Nothing changes until he can do that or isn't our QB anymore.

Agree 100% with this assesment

eromeopolk

Reaction score
A lot of people on here that know football about as well as I know Ancient Egyptian history
I am knowledgeable in Ancient Egyptian or Kemet History, old kingdom giving us the first pharaoh to unit upper and lower Egypt Menes/Narmer (upper faces the heart of the Nile and lower is towards the middle east), middle kingdom the arrival of the Shepard/Hyksos kings, and new kingdom the reigns of Thutmoses I, Thutmoses III (the first son of God to rule the world), Ramses, and the return of the Nubian Pharaohs. Egypt was then conquered by the Babylonians/Persians, then Greek, and finally Romans that ended the Pharaohs of Egypt. Pharaoh means lord of the great house. Today Kemet/Egyptian symbolism survives in the layout of Washington DC, the Washington Monument, and the Catholic Vatican that has the Kemet Obelisk of Thutmoses III with the controversial Son of God inscription.

But I am also knowledgeable about the Dallas Cowboys. I posted before the season started that Dak Prescott had the hardest QB job in Cowboys history. Why? Because no Dallas Cowboys QB played without a no.1 WR, and no.1 TE previously established who was returning for the current season. When you add that the OL is without the no.1 C, starting a rookie at LG, OL playing below standards, and Jason Garrett/Scott Linehan as HC/OC, you are expecting to much from a 4th round QB with 1st round ability, development ability, and leadership. He is not a thrower passer like Romo, Elway, and Aikman. He is a passer runner like Staubach, A. Smith, Kaepernick and Wade Wilson. I mention Wade Wilson because he was the QB coach that saw his similar skills (passer runner) in a better more talented package in Dak that did not want Dak in the position he is in now. That is why he was fired after a decade as QB coach in his second stint. The Cowboys did not hire back David Lee who also has experienced and successful with passer runners (Tyrod Taylor) and thrower passers (Romo). Dak has a 1st year QB coach that is only familiar with thrower passers and was one himself a year ago (Moore). So Dak has no experienced QB coach to have as a confidant on the staff or a veteran QB on the team (important for a young QB).

Manning rookie year had veterans Faulk RB, Harrison WR, Dilger and Pollard at TE, Romo who was a 3 year veteran before his start had veterans Witten TE, Owens and Glenn WR, and Jones RB, Staubach had veterans Ditka TE (HOF), Hayes (HOF) and Alworth (HOF) WR, and the 3 headed Thomas, Hill, and Garrison at RB. Aikman/Walsh rookie year had Walker RB, Irvin (HOF) and Martin WR, and Folsom TE.

These are not excuses for why Dak is inaccurate, hesitant, not using his legs, and not showing development. It is to give you facts on why Dak is what he is. Garrett and Linehan never had experience with a passer runner QB. Their background is thrower passers. You combine this round peg in a square hole with no Dez Byrant, no Jason Witten, and sub par play or no play from Beasley and T. Williams and you have what Dez is working with now. Since 1960, this is the worst set of receivers that the Cowboys have ever had on a football field. Dak also has no experience with the new receivers who are a collection of never was, never been, and never will be talent at their positions. When you have a passer runner at QB you need to have WRs, and TE in place with experience.

The Cowboys lost against Houston because Watson had Hopkins at WR! Watson had Hopkins! again, Watson had Hopkins!!!! Watson also had a consistent TE and a deep threat in Fuller. Get Dak a Dez and a Witten and the Cowboys beat the Texans because Dallas has their best defense since the Parcells days. But even Romo with all that talent on offense and defense could not get out of a division round of the playoffs. Therefore see Jason Garrett as the only thing consistent in all failures.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
I can't do it anymore...i can't come on this board and see all of this lazy and useless analysis.

Don't take it from us. Check the stats. 66.4 QB rating for the game. That's pathetic. Watson was 98.2. How about for the season? Dak is 26th in the league.

The subjective opinions from analysts also reaches the same conclusion.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't do it anymore...i can't come on this board and see all of this lazy and useless analysis.

Every pass that isn't perfect is hyper anayzed and overly critiqued to being Dak's fault. Ooooohhhhhh....that ball to Austin requires him to raise his and and jump....and? Did you watch the Texans catching balls all over the place? Did you watch any other nfl games where guys are catching balls all over the place?

Newsflash....we have NO weapons. Who is our guy we are going to with any consistency on 3rd and 7? Who is beating coverage? Nobe of them do it. Not even Beasely.

A few points to ponder:
* we are a running team with a ton invested in the OL and RB. We were ineffective in the run game.
*Both interceptions hit the wrs in the hands.

*Dak Bashers....at this point in Romo's career...he was still carrying a clip board and didn't start his first game until a few more weeks.

It is a travesty how we have given this young qb nothing to work with. I fear we are ruining him with the crapshow we have surrounded him with.

It was actually a year and 2 more weeks before Romo was starting. Romo didn't start until he was into his 4th season.

CPanther95

Reaction score
He doesn't suck. He's exactly what they hoped he'd be. A 4th Rd. QB was a longshot to be good enough to be the half decent backup QB that they desperately needed. An even longer shot to be a serviceable starter until they can find their next franchise QB.

He had been much better than they had any right to expect for the investment they made.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There’s just a simple eye test at this point with Dak. He doesn’t look comfortable in the pocket, the ball doesn’t come out of his hand clean, and his ball placement is very mediocre. There just isn’t an overall sense that he is comfortable with where he needs to go with the ball either.

Is some of that due to coaching and lack of weapons? Yes, without a doubt. But is a good bit of it on Dak? Yup, definitely. And it’s not like we are talking about just needing to take a small step forward...we need a few big steps forward in QB play and I don’t think a new coach and a WR or 2 will do it.
I do not disagree with your overall assessment necessarily but I try emphasizing that the decision-maker(s) (not the media/not the fans) made a defining investment at the quarterback position without weighing all options. It is not an investment the decision-maker(s) (not the media/not the fans) will likely discard in the short-term--especially knowing who the particular decision-maker of this franchise is. 'Short-term' should be read as seasons plural.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Someone that is actually writing the truth. Dak is solid but he is not going to take us to the promise land. It will be interesting to see if he gets an extension.
Interesting. There will be a total melt down in Cowboy Nation. And I will leave. Because that would be the last straw I can take from this egotistical Drunk GM

eromeopolk

Reaction score
The same guys defending Dak now are the same guys telling us how Garrett was a great play-caller and coach a decade ago...
Don't put me in that group. I said that Jason Garrett benefited from Tony Sparano and David Lee in 2007. Garrett sabotaged Winnie the Pooh the Son of a Bum, and got the Job during that interim stretch because he had veteran former OCs on his staff that took over when he replaced Winnie the Pooh. He was a walk around wannbe HC that Jerry would not let be a walk around HC initally because Jerry GM/HC Jones taught it would usurp is power as the true HC of the Dallas Cowboys.

With no Head Coach control or authority he basically befriended Romo and rode Romo's coattails of mediocrity and will never be fired by Jerry Jones. Its about family with the Jones and Jason Garrett is family.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Flat out disagree with you here. First I admit Dak is not a WORLD Beater QB, but he is good enough to win and has proven as much. Second every example you gave, I have seen OTHER WRs on other teams make those catches TIME and TIME again. Not every pass is going to be perfect in the NFL and as a matter of fact a lot more are going to be bad than you think. But Other team WRs catch bad throws....hell horrible throws all the time, why can't these receivers? I've seen other receivers catch balls with one hand, or with a defender draped all over them, or toe tapping on the side lines or catching balls that they have to lay out and stretch for. Is it too much to ask a Cowboy receiver to do the same???
And why can't any of these receivers get more than a step or two on their defender? Every freaking pass Dak has to throw had better be perfect, because these receivers aren't getting anywhere close to being open, let alone WIDE open. I saw Watson throw to wide open receivers all night....why can't dak get the same privilege? So NO Dak Prescott isn't going to put this team on his back and will them to a win like a Brees or Rodgers or Brady, but this team has done damn near a horrible job of giving him any skilled playmakers at the Wide out and TE positions to help him out, period!
You really need to take the Dak-Rose Colored glasses off when you watch the Cowboys play.

His throws are unwatchable. No touch

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting. There will be a total melt down in Cowboy Nation. And I will leave. Because that would be the last straw I can take from this egotistical Drunk GM
Prepare yourself since the 'egotistical drunk general manager' has 29 years of supporting evidence to make a last straw reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.