To all those saying Dak Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
yes he has some accuracy problems, but to me those will happen when you have to abandon the pocket because of the all too often jailbreaks from the opposing D's. His throw to Hurns in the end zone was a stay in, plant your feet deliver the ball to a breaking receiver.....

Dak can pull off some throws off balance and unfortunately at times tries to make something out of nothing instead of just minimizing the yards lost due to a sack....

Our O Line was owned last night, and our D line looked like they were in a group wrestling match on many of the times it looked like Watson was captured only to escape.

I for one can't believe there wasn't some uncalled holding going on by the Texans , and that chest to the midsection should have been a penalty if you can call Tyrone Crawford for a cleaner hit against Seattle...

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I did watch the game and I saw the DL dominate the OL. Zeke went 20 for 54. That is what happens when you play a real DL.

they know how to stack against our preferred blocking schemes on runs, and it showed in the way they were at the point of attack against Zeke...

GenoT

Reaction score
So...the bar for a supposed “franchise QB” has now been lowered to the point where “he doesn’t suck” is somehow a ringing endorsement??!?

:facepalm:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Interesting. There will be a total melt down in Cowboy Nation. And I will leave. Because that would be the last straw I can take from this egotistical Drunk GM
Bortles says hello. Dak saved Jerry's bacon in 2016. If he signs a team friendly deal you never know. Plus he gets endorsements because he is the QB of America's team. Jerry gave Romo an extension after that disaster against the Eagles. Look how that turned out.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Really this is Dak's second year. In 2016 all he had to do was hand off to Zeke and make a few short throws, and bingo! 13-3. He really didn't have any incentive, or adversity, to learn the pro game. Played on instinct, and teams had no idea what he could do.

Then 2017 came around. Teams threw things at him that he'd never seen and never experienced. So he had to pretty much start all over again, and not only that, he had to unlearn things that he could do in 2016 but which teams were ready for in 2017. And everybody knows unlearning behavior is hard to do.

Now this year he has to deal with FOUR new receivers. An o-line that isn't as good as even last year (imho, after Frederick went out). And the stupid coaching staff didn't let him play in the pre-season but precious little, a big mistake.

Maybe what we're seeing is what he really is, but given all he's had to handle this year, again imho it's very possible he's very much still green as grass. His throws that are off may be due to footwork, etc. that can be corrected.

So to those who want him to be taken out, just realize that we'll once again be starting over with White, etc. I suspect people think White will turn out like Dak in 2016, light up the league. But then you'd have the same thing happen probably - defenses watch film, make adjustments and then we'd all be "gee, he's no better than Dak".

If you think he's as good as he'll ever be, I can understand that. But I have a bit more patience...

zerofill

Reaction score
Let's put it this way...

Dak doesn't suck... You have to be good to even be in the NFL. But he isn't good enough to be considered a franchise QB.

If people can't see the difference between a franchise QB, and Dak Prescott, there isn't much that can be said to change their minds.

Receivers drop passes, that is life. But, the difference is... franchise QBs can make up for that. They don't have to worry that 2 passes that hit a receiver in the hands were dropped. Because they know they can hit a receiver in the hands multiple time. Dak can not do that...

Have receivers dropped catch-able passes? Yes

Is our receiving group lacking? yes

Can Dak make up for any of that? No

Do you see any defense giving respect to Dak? No (And that isn't only because of the WRs and TEs)
They know that 1 out of every 15 passes, he might be able to beat them, and make the tough throws. How many defenses are going to respect that?

The opposing defense looks at it like:
Dak might get lucky and get one on us now and then... so what?
If we stop the run, we stop Dallas... done deal. Only one thing to stop period.

There are receivers open, they are not throws that Dak can make. When was the last time you saw Dak throw a deep post or slant in the middle of the field?

When was the last time you saw Dak throw an out route accurately?

When was the last time you saw one of those stupid curls we use all of the time, where Dak had the ball in the air before the receiver broke?

You see Dak throw drag routes, screens, and go routes... THAT IS IT! That is the end of his abilities as a passer...

When that is all you can do, you just limited a massive number of plays from the playbook.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I can't do it anymore...i can't come on this board and see all of this lazy and useless analysis.

Every pass that isn't perfect is hyper anayzed and overly critiqued to being Dak's fault. Ooooohhhhhh....that ball to Austin requires him to raise his and and jump....and? Did you watch the Texans catching balls all over the place? Did you watch any other nfl games where guys are catching balls all over the place?

Newsflash....we have NO weapons. Who is our guy we are going to with any consistency on 3rd and 7? Who is beating coverage? Nobe of them do it. Not even Beasely.

A few points to ponder:
* we are a running team with a ton invested in the OL and RB. We were ineffective in the run game.
*Both interceptions hit the wrs in the hands.

*Dak Bashers....at this point in Romo's career...he was still carrying a clip board and didn't start his first game until a few more weeks.

It is a travesty how we have given this young qb nothing to work with. I fear we are ruining him with the crapshow we have surrounded him with.

People freak out when a QB isn't Tom Brady. They think the world is coming to end. That ONLY teams with Tom Bradys win SB. Tom Brady wins nothing without Bellicheck.

Dak has proven that he can win with a good team around him. But I don't have any illusions that he is some great QB. He can get better and we can win games with him, but he will never be elite in my opinion.

But what can you really do when you have a HC like Garrett. Do you REALLY know what you have?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know its so sad.

2016 was our last chance. And that idiot totally turned his back on Romo.

Retardation. As excited I am about this young developing defense This may be may last season.

If Dak is extended I am done
You keep saying if Prescott is extended. I have not had anything dissuade me from contemplating when and how much Prescott will be extended.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
People freak out when a QB isn't Tom Brady. They think the world is coming to end. That ONLY teams with Tom Bradys win SB. Tom Brady wins nothing without Bellicheck.

Dak has proven that he can win with a good team around him. But I don't have any illusions that he is some great QB. He can get better and we can win games with him, but he will never be elite in my opinion.

But what can you really do when you have a HC like Garrett. Do you REALLY know what you have?

The same coaching that got us to 13-3, 2 seasons ago. Not endorsing them as I’ve made clear but just another excuse to go through another season with Dak at the helm.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Maybe Dak sucks...I only know what i see on TV. I don't see the whole field to know if he's an idiot who can't find guys wide open, or if he sees them and can't throw the ball. I only know what I see from him under pressure or when he throws a clearly bad ball or zips a perfect pass.

What I do know is this...if Dak does suck, then yes, it's time to fire the entire staff and front office and start over. If he sucks and 2016 was a mirage, then they knew he sucked last year, and if that's true, then all are to blame for thinking he could be successful with this weakened receiving corps.

Gaede

Reaction score
Dak doesn't suck. He's just not very good.

Personally, I don't want a bus driver at QB, I want a game changer. Had hope for Dak after year 1, but there's more bad tape now than good.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There really wasn’t an investment made into the QB position unless you are talking about Romo getting cut.
Jerry Jones would not have essentially cut a proven franchise quarterback (which was arguably decided as early as late October 2016) if he was not confident he had already gained one as a replacement. Franchise quarterback is the largest roster investment in the NFL.
We are talking about a QB going into next season on a 1 year contract. Decisions have to be made in short term thinking.

1. Will Dak even play on a 1 year 700K deal? I know his play leaves him with no legs to stand on in terms of negotions, but it’s still a very dicey situation.

2. Is it worth the risk to waste another year finding out if Dak is the guy or not? Especially IF a new HC/OC are brought in. I’d rather start fresh with a new coach and qb combo than waste a year trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

The only real argument in keeping Dak beyond this season (baring a miraculous turnaround) is the “what if” of Dak going elsewhere under different coaching and looking like 2016 Dak. But I’m more than willing to take that gamble at this point.
You are not alone in not desiring that gamble. Others have made similar arguments. Me? I consider how Jones thinks. My opinion is that Jones will gamble on Prescott through the 2020 season unless he demonstrates considerably worse quarterback play than he has shown to date.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The same coaching that got us to 13-3, 2 seasons ago. Not endorsing them as I’ve made clear but just another excuse to go through another season with Dak at the helm.

Nah I just understand reality. You QB gurus (not) act like we go out and draft a QB and all of a sudden poof the problem is solved. LOL

That's a joke. Even if you happen to get lucky and hit on the right guy hes not going to play well starting out. Not surrounded by this Oline and these pass catchers. And no way he beats out Dak with one training camp. Not going to happen.

As much as you hate Dak we have bigger problems that need to be solved for ANY QB to come in here and have success. A rookie QB is going to need what Dak had his rookie year.

So two years down the road is this rookie going to be better than Dak in two years? I doubt it. But the competition would be nice at the position.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Dak will be here next year. Probably start however, as a stop gap QB while our #1 pick gets acclimated. Doesn’t matter really.. At least there would be hope at QB instead of reminiscing and waiting for a 2016 season that was false gold.

Nah I just understand reality. You QB gurus (not) act like we go out and draft a QB and all of a sudden poof the problem is solved. LOL

That's a joke. Even if you happen to get lucky and hit on the right guy hes not going to play well starting out. Not surrounded by this Oline and these pass catchers. And no way he beats out Dak with one training camp. Not going to happen.

As much as you hate Dak we have bigger problems that need to be solved for ANY QB to come in here and have success. A rookie QB is going to need what Dak had his rookie year.

So two years down the road is this rookie going to be better than Dak in two years? I doubt it. But the competition would be nice at the position.

tm1119

Reaction score
Jerry Jones would not have essentially cut a proven franchise quarterback (which was arguably decided as early as late October 2016) if he was not confident he had already gained one as a replacement. Franchise quarterback is the largest roster investment in the NFL.
You are not alone in not desiring that gamble. Others have made similar arguments. Me? I consider how Jones thinks. My opinion is that Jones will gamble on Prescott through the 2020 season unless he demonstrates considerably worse quarterback play than he has shown to date.

I’m confused as to what perspective you are coming from...because to me it sounds like you are implying that Jerry Jones knows what the heck he is doing when evaluating football players. And to that I say
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.