To all those who scoffed at "don't trust Dak because of Foles"

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
After Dak's one season wonder, a few of us said we didn't trust Dak yet because of Nick Foles.

There were maybe 5-6 of us.

We simply stated Foles had gone from really good to backup.

We were assured by the other 90% that we couldn't compare the two. We were told Dak was stupid awesome and couldn't be a one season wonder.

Conversely, we were told Nick Foles was an accident and that he sucked, was horrible and that he didn't even deserve to be a backup in the NFL..

How's that working out for y'all this morning?

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I'm not sure I'm following. I always viewed Prescott similar to Foles in that they both have shown they can win games with a superior supporting cast. There are some differences. Foles is 6 foot 6, and able to see the field better than Dak, and he has a stronger arm.

I still don't think Foles is a franchise quarterback, but his playoff statistics over his career probably prove me wrong. He's in the history books in several different categories.

Prescott has a long way to go to carve out his niche. I've always viewed him as more of a backup, and a good one at that, but I've been wrong before.

Cousins, and Foles were in the same draft, and both late pics. That's a good sign for Prescott.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
I'm not sure I'm following. I always viewed Prescott similar to Foles in that they both have shown they can win games with a superior supporting cast. There are some differences. Foles is 6 foot 6, and able to see the field better than Dak, and he has a stronger arm.

I still don't think Foles is a franchise quarterback, but his playoff statistics over his career probably prove me wrong. He's in the history books in several different categories.

Prescott has a long way to go to carve out his niche. I've always viewed him as more of a backup, and a good one at that, but I've been wrong before.

Cousins, and Foles were in the same draft, and both late pics. That's a good sign for Prescott.

the Clif's are, a few of us wanted to compare dak to foles as a "dont count your chickens before they hatch." The VAST majority said you cant compare them because foles shouldnt be in the nfl.

Well, that "shouldnt be in the nfl"...now bit them in the butt.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Trade our 1st for Nick Foles....I’m being dead serious. We wanted him in 2015 and he’s the cheapest a SB winning QB will ever come. He has clearly grown into an excellent passer

tm1119

Reaction score
the Clif's are, a few of us wanted to compare dak to foles as a "dont count your chickens before they hatch." The VAST majority said you cant compare them because foles shouldnt be in the nfl.

Well, that "shouldnt be in the nfl"...now bit them in the butt.

A) I’m fairly certain no one seriously said foles shouldn’t be in the NFL. That just fits your narrative right now.
B) you do realize how much you’re contradicting yourself right? Probably not.
so you were right that Dak should be compared to Foles as a fluke, but at the same time you are rubbing it in that he just won a SB. So you’re saying Dak can also win a SB? I’m just confused

John813

Reaction score
Trade our 1st for Nick Foles....I’m being dead serious. We wanted him in 2015 and he’s the cheapest a SB winning QB will ever come. He has clearly grown into an excellent passer

http://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/201...-eagles-nick-foles-kellen-moore-dak-prescott/

Dallas seemed to be a team in flux during the 2016 offseason. With no proven backup quarterback capable of assuming the mantle should starter Tony Romo go down, many assumed they’d be interested in an available veteran quarterback like Foles. Instead, Jerry Jones now infamously proclaimed that Foles wasn’t an option for the team, because of the presence of Kellen Moore and the other quarterbacks on the roster.

The rest of the front office expressed similar sentiments about already having too many mouths to feed in the quarterback room. Stephen Jones implied that adding a veteran presence like Foles would impede the development of young quarterbacks Dak Prescott and Jamiell Showers.

“This was something that we discussed ad nauseam in the offseason in terms of the direction we wanted to go at the quarterback position. . . we had a lot of confidence in Kellen, and based on what happened in the draft could have changed our thoughts. But at the end of the day, it’s hard to develop these guys if you don’t let them practice and get reps.”

Kellen Moore and Showers...
Like proclaiming we are set with Hutchinson and Carter as our QBs on the roster.

sbark

Reaction score
The confusing part is Foles also didnt work out in K.City with the previous coach in Philly where he played very well under............

Foles looked to have zero rythym in the final game vrs Dallas, but the RPO option based offense put in by Pederson in the bye week turned in a miracle postseason for Foles.

Why do I compare the Eagles RPO offense somewhat to the 90's N.Turner " take what theD gives you"offense. Collingsworth mentioned it last nite on how Foles was reading the LBrs and CB positioning to take what they gave............

and here we sit with Garretts "process", supposedly based off of N.Turner/Air Coryell...............that couldnt make that kind adjustment all year as Daks struggles mounted..............

I feel the RPO offense would be right up Daks alley, but would need some speed for deep threat, and develop Rico quickly at TE...........

kento40

Reaction score
Before last night, even though I'm not a Dak fan, I was convinced that in even an above average situation, he could win the big game. After seeing Foles dropping dimes out there like Dan Marino and going score for score with America's favorite QB, I'm not so sure anymore. I saw him make throws and put the ball in places, that with four off-seasons, I don't believe Dak could do.

kento40

Reaction score
The confusing part is Foles also didnt work out in K.City with the previous coach in Philly where he played very well under............

Foles looked to have zero rythym in the final game vrs Dallas, but the RPO option based offense put in by Pederson in the bye week turned in a miracle postseason for Foles.

Why do I compare the Eagles RPO offense somewhat to the 90's N.Turner " take what theD gives you"offense. Collingsworth mentioned it last nite on how Foles was reading the LBrs and CB positioning to take what they gave............

and here we sit with Garretts "process", supposedly based off of N.Turner/Air Coryell...............that couldnt make that kind adjustment all year as Daks struggles mounted..............

I feel the RPO offense would be right up Daks alley, but would need some speed for deep threat, and develop Rico quickly at TE...........
Wasn't that the game plan for Dak's first season though? Just read the defense and take what they give you instead of trying to make magic happen every play. I always felt that's what attributed to his immense success his rookie season. Well that and having Romo call the plays for him.

JustChip

Reaction score

Right, and Cousins and Foles have 5 years experience. Dak has 2. Neither were starters in their 1st or 2nd year. Folks need to stop comparing Dak to someone that's been in the league for 4, 5 or more years.

John813

Reaction score

He boomed under Kelly in 2013(27TD-2INT season). Eagles selected him in 2012, but Vick was the starter for 10 games

In 2012 under Reid he had 6 TDs and 5INTs in 6 games with a hair under 1700 yards passing.

JustChip

Reaction score
Wasn't that the game plan for Dak's first season though? Just read the defense and take what they give you instead of trying to make magic happen every play. I always felt that's what attributed to his immense success his rookie season. Well that and having Romo call the plays for him.

It was and was this year, but only in the red zone. That's why Dak has so many rushing TDs. The difference in Philly last night and what we do is they did it the whole field. I'm not a huge RPO fan because it's eventually going to get your QB hurt. It happens to all. That's what ended Romo's career, not the RPO, but running on a scramble and not going down.

kevm3

Reaction score
No wonder philly can fleece teams with their fo. Foles wont have Pederson here. Matt cassell won 11 games in new England. How many did he win here? Let's trade away dak for foles right?

dfense

Reaction score
It's a pipe dream. Foles would probably fit in with the Cowboys run first Philosophy. Especially his run option play. He's just a lot more accurate at this point than Dak at both reading defenses and accurate throws.

Anybody who disputes that is full of the Kool Aid.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
as a qb dak Prescott will never lead the cowboys to the superbowl he is simply not good enough

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Honestly? Don't trust Dak because of Foles?? I don't see any connection whatsoever. Haven't we had enough of comparing Dak to this guy or that guy. How about a little reality. I'm a die hard Cowboy fan and with that comes a hatred for Philly. I will say Foles was great down the stretch. He deserves SB MVP.

black label

Reaction score
After Dak's one season wonder, a few of us said we didn't trust Dak yet because of Nick Foles.

There were maybe 5-6 of us.

We simply stated Foles had gone from really good to backup.

We were assured by the other 90% that we couldn't compare the two. We were told Dak was stupid awesome and couldn't be a one season wonder.

Conversely, we were told Nick Foles was an accident and that he sucked, was horrible and that he didn't even deserve to be a backup in the NFL..

How's that working out for y'all this morning?
Haha, Dak shines foles shoes.

kento40

Reaction score
No wonder philly can fleece teams with their fo. Foles wont have Pederson here. Matt cassell won 11 games in new England. How many did he win here? Let's trade away dak for foles right?
Well it's like Doug said after the game last night, “You learn if you play passive, if you play conservative, if you call plays conservatively, you are going to be 8-8, 9-7 every year,” I'm sure that was a dig at Garrett, but Foles would have to deal with the clapping genius if he was the QB here.