To all those who scoffed at "don't trust Dak because of Foles"

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I didn't see as many comparing him to Foles as i did RGIII (who was also a rookie of the year and had a superb rookie season)

Blackrain

Reaction score
Dak will probably never reach his potential here and Foles would not be successful here either because we have a culture that is more concerned with catering to Jerrys Dysfunctions than getting quality coaches that can get the most out of players rather than waste there careers .

Great coaches can make the absolute best of the hand they are dealt . Our staff makes nothing better and continually let players regress

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
"Our staff makes nothing better and continually let players regress"

While I'm on record as not liking Marinelli as DC and Garrett's decision making in games, I think you're being a bit harsh here.

Romo was an undrafted free agent and is the Cowboys' all time leading passer. Demarco Murray went from 663 to 1,121 to 1,845 yards in a season before leaving for a bigger contract. Just a couple of examples. There are bad ones, of course, but to say they make NOTHING better is incorrect, imho...

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
"Our staff makes nothing better and continually let players regress"

While I'm on record as not liking Marinelli as DC and Garrett's decision making in games, I think you're being a bit harsh here.

Romo was an undrafted free agent and is the Cowboys' all time leading passer. Demarco Murray went from 663 to 1,121 to 1,845 yards in a season before leaving for a bigger contract. Just a couple of examples. There are bad ones, of course, but to say they make NOTHING better is incorrect, imho...

Still, I have yet to see a player that this staff has developed, particularly on offense. I think they either must win the Super Bowl this year, or we need a new staff ASAP. Oh, and if the players are upset about Philly winning, GOOD! I hope they are! I hope that Garrett makes them watch and listen to nothing but Eagles this entire offseason to the point where they become rabid about Philly. Maybe that's how we can BECOME great again as a team. I WANT this team infuriated about Philly come next season. Maybe they'll show some heart and guts.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Very aggravating that Pederson takes over a team and in 2 years helps make them a SB champion. We get Garrett and in 7 years we get 1 playoff win.

Glad I'm not in Philly, I had to put up with many insufferable Saints fans after their 2009 SB win, when pointing out they had 1 SB win vs. our 5, it was always "We're talking about this year, not the past", until they didn't defend the title for a few years. Can only imagine what Dallas fans in philly will have to up with...

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Very aggravating that Pederson takes over a team and in 2 years helps make them a SB champion. We get Garrett and in 7 years we get 1 playoff win.

Glad I'm not in Philly, I had to put up with many insufferable Saints fans after their 2009 SB win, when pointing out they had 1 SB win vs. our 5, it was always "We're talking about this year, not the past", until they didn't defend the title for a few years. Can only imagine what Dallas fans in philly will have to up with...

Not to mention that he built them from the ash heap that Chip made them into. Most of my family are Eagles fans, though, at least they've been nice about it. I normally wear Cowboys gear to the NJ Shore, but this will likely be the first year in a long time in which I leave ALL my Cowboys gear at home.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
"Still, I have yet to see a player that this staff has developed, particularly on offense"

How about Beasley? Undrafted free agent, who led the team in receptions last year. True, they didn't use him great this year, but to go from an "unwanted" receiver to team leader shows development, imho. There are others, but that would be a long discussion...

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
"Still, I have yet to see a player that this staff has developed, particularly on offense"

How about Beasley? Undrafted free agent, who led the team in receptions last year. True, they didn't use him great this year, but to go from an "unwanted" receiver to team leader shows development, imho. There are others, but that would be a long discussion...

Fair enough about Beasley. I forgot about him. Still, I'm completely annoyed by what transpired. It was bittersweet last night. I love watching the Patriots crumble like they did. But knowing who defeated them, and knowing what they were 2 years ago makes me shake my head in shame.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Fair enough about Beasley. I forgot about him. Still, I'm completely annoyed by what transpired. It was bittersweet last night. I love watching the Patriots crumble like they did. But knowing who defeated them, and knowing what they were 2 years ago makes me shake my head in shame.

Well we know the old saying "Every dog will have his day". Eventually if a team tries to be a championship team, they will be.

Just imagine the increased pressure on the Lions and Browns, teams that were long established even before the merger, and haven't even gotten to the SB! Or the Bills and Vikings, 0-4 in SBs. Almost feel sorry for them....

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well we know the old saying "Every dog will have his day". Just imagine the increased pressure on the Lions and Browns, teams that were long established even before the merger, and haven't even gotten to the SB! Or the Bills and Vikings, 0-4 in SBs. Almost feel sorry for them....

I agree, but, from a Cowboys POV, this should really sting our FO. I sincerely hope that our players are introduced to an offseason of nothing but Philly to drive them mad. For next season, I want us to either win the Lombardi, or get the first overall pick. Simple as that. If we don't have the pieces for a championship, then get the first overall pick and clean house of our coaching staff.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
"I love watching the Patriots crumble like they did"

Well, I would hardly call throwing for 500 yards and putting up 33 pts "crumbing", and they held the iggles without a sack until a few minutes left in the game, had to miss having one of their top receivers in Cooks miss nearly the entire game and were at the 50 yard line with a chance to have a Hail Mary td.

Couldn't enjoy seeing them lose that much since it was the iggles that beat them, still, at least it was an NFC east team that beat them, and Dallas had the iggles last loss of the season...

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
"I love watching the Patriots crumble like they did"

Well, I would hardly call throwing for 500 yards and putting up 33 pts "crumbing", and they held the iggles without a sack until a few minutes left in the game, had to miss having one of their top receivers in Cooks miss nearly the entire game and were at the 50 yard line with a chance to have a Hail Mary td.

Couldn't enjoy seeing them lose that much since it was the iggles that beat them, still, at least it was an NFC east team that beat them, and Dallas had the iggles last loss of the season...

True, and at least we have the best division. At this time, we're the only division in which everyone has won at least one Lombardi. That's pretty special right there. As for that last game of the season, I'm actually not that happy about that win. Rather than picking 15 or so, we're facing down the barrel of a 19th pick, and we have a LOT of rebuilding to do.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
True, and at least we have the best division. At this time, we're the only division in which everyone has won at least one Lombardi. That's pretty special right there. As for that last game of the season, I'm actually not that happy about that win. Rather than picking 15 or so, we're facing down the barrel of a 19th pick, and we have a LOT of rebuilding to do.

4 more spots down is really a minor thing, some years there is a run on position players that Dallas doesn't need so there are plenty of top players available in positions we DO need at 19. Maybe this year that will be the case, sure would like a top notch OT or LB at 19th...

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
4 more spots down is really a minor thing, some years there is a run on position players that Dallas doesn't need so there are plenty of top players available in positions we DO need at 19. Maybe this year that will be the case, sure would like a top notch OT or LB at 19th...

I certainly hope so. I also would LOVE for Vea to fall to us. If he does, we MUST draft him. It'd be nice to have our own Fletcher Cox, and that's what Vea would be for us.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
"at least we have the best division"

Well, not this year, 3 of the 4 teams in the NFC South made the playoffs, if by the best division you mean we have the SB champ, then yeah.

And this was a down year for the NFC East, but next year with (hopefully) a full year of Zeke, no suspension of Lawrence, another year of camp and pre-season with the rookie DBs, plus (again hopefully) some solid if not great draft picks we will be better. Giants had a lot of injuries and got rid of their doofus head coach, so I expect them to be better. Commanders? Hard to tell, is Smith an upgrade over Cousins? I really don't think so, but could be. IF so, I expect the skins to be better..

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
"at least we have the best division"

Well, not this year, 3 of the 4 teams in the NFC South made the playoffs, if by the best division you mean we have the SB champ, then yeah.

And this was a down year for the NFC East, but next year with (hopefully) a full year of Zeke, no suspension of Lawrence, another year of camp and pre-season with the rookie DBs, plus (again hopefully) some solid if not great draft picks we will be better. Giants had a lot of injuries and got rid of their doofus head coach, so I expect them to be better. Commanders? Hard to tell, is Smith an upgrade over Cousins? I really don't think so, but could be. IF so, I expect the skins to be better..

None the less, everyone in our division has won a championship now.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
"I certainly hope so. I also would LOVE for Vea to fall to us. If he does, we MUST draft him. It'd be nice to have our own Fletcher Cox, and that's what Vea would be for us."

From past history, Marinelli doesn't think much of big DTs as a high draft pick. Don't hold your breath on the Cowboys getting Vea even if he's there at 19...

JustChip

Reaction score

Very true. But even beyond that, we are no where near the team everyone thinks we appear to be if a player at 15 makes a drastic difference vs. one at 19. This isn't the NBA where it's top-5, top-10 and then everyone else.