To all those who scoffed at "don't trust Dak because of Foles"

JustChip

Reaction score
"I certainly hope so. I also would LOVE for Vea to fall to us. If he does, we MUST draft him. It'd be nice to have our own Fletcher Cox, and that's what Vea would be for us."

From past history, Marinelli doesn't think much of big DTs as a high draft pick. Don't hold your breath on the Cowboys getting Vea even if he's there at 19...

I'd love to get Vea, but just like virtually every other player, there are analysts that are high on him and some not so. The draft is not an exact science. There were people salivating over John Ross last year - how has that worked so far for Cincy? I have confidence now in our ability to have a quality draft, that hasn't always been the case.

wrongway

Reaction score
Right, and Cousins and Foles have 5 years experience. Dak has 2. Neither were starters in their 1st or 2nd year. Folks need to stop comparing Dak to someone that's been in the league for 4, 5 or more years.
How dare you muddy the waters with logic and reason sir.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
"I certainly hope so. I also would LOVE for Vea to fall to us. If he does, we MUST draft him. It'd be nice to have our own Fletcher Cox, and that's what Vea would be for us."

From past history, Marinelli doesn't think much of big DTs as a high draft pick. Don't hold your breath on the Cowboys getting Vea even if he's there at 19...

I know, and that's the unfortunate part. I would hope that Marinelli would have seen last night what happens when you have a big DT. Yet, I doubt he'll learn from that.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
How many draft picks will the Eagles get for Foles now? A Super Bowl MVP QB will probably command a 1st and a 2nd round pick, jmo. That said, will they trade him or not?

JBond

Reaction score
The confusing part is Foles also didnt work out in K.City with the previous coach in Philly where he played very well under............

Foles looked to have zero rythym in the final game vrs Dallas, but the RPO option based offense put in by Pederson in the bye week turned in a miracle postseason for Foles.

Why do I compare the Eagles RPO offense somewhat to the 90's N.Turner " take what theD gives you"offense. Collingsworth mentioned it last nite on how Foles was reading the LBrs and CB positioning to take what they gave............

and here we sit with Garretts "process", supposedly based off of N.Turner/Air Coryell...............that couldnt make that kind adjustment all year as Daks struggles mounted..............

I feel the RPO offense would be right up Daks alley, but would need some speed for deep threat, and develop Rico quickly at TE...........
What exactly didn't work out in KC? He was the backup. An expensive one. Many wanted him to start, but KC wasn't changing starters unless Smith was injured.

sbark

Reaction score
What exactly didn't work out in KC? He was the backup. An expensive one. Many wanted him to start, but KC wasn't changing starters unless Smith was injured.
..........yup, things "didnt work out"........I'll bet KC Cheifs Fandom is having 2nd guess's at this point. A.Smith gone, Foles got a ring..........

JBond

Reaction score
..........yup, things "didnt work out"........I'll bet KC Cheifs Fandom is having 2nd guess's at this point. A.Smith gone, Foles got a ring..........
Chief's kingdom believes Mahomes is the savoir. They may be right, but their defense and oline will let them down. Same challenges, different organization. Same results. I love Mahomes arm.

GMO415

Reaction score
You got three good games from Foles.....he's not a franchise QB. I don't care if he has a SB trophy.

Valorius

Reaction score
The confusing part is Foles also didnt work out in K.City with the previous coach in Philly where he played very well under............

Foles looked to have zero rythym in the final game vrs Dallas, but the RPO option based offense put in by Pederson in the bye week turned in a miracle postseason for Foles.

Why do I compare the Eagles RPO offense somewhat to the 90's N.Turner " take what theD gives you"offense. Collingsworth mentioned it last nite on how Foles was reading the LBrs and CB positioning to take what they gave............

and here we sit with Garretts "process", supposedly based off of N.Turner/Air Coryell...............that couldnt make that kind adjustment all year as Daks struggles mounted..............

I feel the RPO offense would be right up Daks alley, but would need some speed for deep threat, and develop Rico quickly at TE...........

Actually Foles had a 105.7 passer rating in 3 games (1 start) with the Chiefs, throwing 3 TD's and 0 INTs.

Valorius

Reaction score
You got three good games from Foles.....he's not a franchise QB. I don't care if he has a SB trophy.

Nick Foles actually has the highest playoff win % in Eagles history (.750) is the no1 rated regular season passer in Eagles history, and is also the no1 rated playoff passer and compl% leader in NFL history.

His numbers are historically good.

CAREER PLAYOFF STATISTICS, ALL TIME NFL:

N. Foles: 71.9 comp% 113.2 rating
J. Hostetler 69.2 comp% 112.0 rating
K. Warner 71.1% comp 102.8 rating
D. Brees 65.9% comp 100.7 rating
A. Rodgers: 63.5 comp % 99.4 rating
R. Wilson: 61.6% 94.1 rating
T. Brady: 62.8% comp 90.9 rating
T. Aikman: 63.7% comp 88.3 rating
B. Favre: 60.8 comp % 86.3 rating
S. Young: 62% comp 85.8 rating
J. Montana: 62.7 comp% 84.6 rating
J. Kelly: 59.1% comp 72.3 rating
J. Flacco 56.6% comp 88.6 rating

Nick Foles rankings:

No.1 all time Eagles regular season passer rating leader (92.7)
No.1 all time Eagles playoff winning % (.750)
No.1 all time Eagles and NFL single game TD record holder (7)
No.1 all time NFL TD/INT ratio after 25 starts
No.1 all time NFL single month passer rating (145+, Nov 2013)
No.1 all time NFL playoff completion % (71.9%)
No.1 all time NFL single season turn over ratio (2013, 27 TD: 2 INT)
No.1 all time NFL single postseason completion % (72.6%)
No.1 all time NFL career playoff passer rating (K.Warner and at )
No.3 all time NFL single season passer rating (A. Rodgers, P. Manning)
No.3 all time NFL single postseason playoff passer rating (J. Flacco 1st, D. Brees 2nd)

Nick Foles records:

Nick Foles is one of 2 QB's in NFL history to have over a 100 passer rating in 1st 4 Playoff games (T. Aikman)

Nick Foles is one of 2 NFL QB's to pass for over 75% completions in consecutive playoff games (J. Montana)

Nick Foles is one of 2 QB's in NFL history to pass for 7 TD's and 0 INT's in a single game (P.Manning)

Nick Foles is one of 4 QB's in NFL history to pass for over 300yds in consecutive playoff games (Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady)

Nick Foles Eagles career regular season passer rating of 92.7 is the 13th greatest in NFL history, ahead of J.Montana, A.Luck, D.Marino, B.Favre, J.Kelly, J.Flacco, E.Manning, R.Staubach and countless other all time greats.