Twitter: To beat the Rams you have to stop Kupp

Carson

Reaction score
Kupp targeted 19 times last night. That is nuts. Rams OL is hurting so hopefully Dallas's front 7 are in Stafford's grill all game.

Remember the rams were missing three offensive lineman. Brian Allen had surgery and should be back next week. David Edwards went into concussion protocol and should be back next week.

Coleman Shelton hurt his ankle last night, so he could go next week. That’ll be 2-3 starters back which will give Stafford much more time in the pocket

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember the rams were missing three offensive lineman. Brian Allen had surgery and should be back next week. David Edwards went into concussion protocol and should be back next week.

Coleman Shelton hurt his ankle last night, so he could go next week. That’ll be 2-3 starters back which will give Stafford much more time in the pocket
No it won't. :muttley:

NotForLong

Reaction score
I wouldn't say Gallup "owns" Ramsey. He had a good game but we know good corners do lots of film study and adapt. Add to this, shaky, inconsistent passing from both of qbs makes this match up worrisome. I just hope we can loosen up the defense to have a great day running the ball and resting our own defense
That's what makes it so much fun . . . Who knows what will happen . . . Right now we are playing with House Money

The Key to the game for Me is if those Wrs step up
And containing Donaldson

What I would love to see and I am predicting is Brand gets another interception at a key moment and I would like to see Fassel devise a scheme that springs Turpin . . . San Fran return man almost had one against the Rams

[

ghst187

Reaction score
Considering our history with the Rams…not letting Akers run for 200 yards would be a vast improvement to our chances….

DFWJC

Reaction score
Limit Kupp catches but I'm not sure even have to do that. He had 14 catches for 122 yards last and they still only scored 9 points. In other words, they don't have many offensive playmakers after Kupp.

Kupp got his last night and they still lost.

They need a deep threat.
Everyone is starting to crowd the LOS, so they can get long drives but are not hitting the big plays.
And last night they they couldn't convert in the RedZone
3 drives deep into he RedZone resulted in only 9 points.

Their line, like the other we have played so far, is not very good to flat-out bad.
Stafford took 7 sacks but it could have been way higher.. Plus they lost their center

Dallas defense is gonna get him

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Have Diggs on Kupp's arse and not let him get YAC which is his specialty and where he hurts you. He can get his 10 catches but if it is just for around 50-75 yards, then you did good. Pressure, Pressure, Pressure on Stafford. So he can start seeing ghosts and dead people.

fansince68

Reaction score
That's what makes it so much fun . . . Who knows what will happen . . . Right now we are playing with House Money

The Key to the game for Me is if those Wrs step up
And containing Donaldson

What I would love to see and I am predicting is Brand gets another interception at a key moment and I would like to see Fassel devise a scheme that springs Turpin . . . San Fran return man almost had one against the Rams

[
My keys for the win.
Offensively: run effectively and not straight up the middle. Pass more on 1st down instead of running (our known tendency is to run up the middle on 1st down). Screen passes.

Defensively: continue to pressure the qb. I think Bland could possibly have a big day. I suspect Diggs will be covering slants and go routes from the other WR. Alternate Micha and Wilson to rush the passer, but I'd prefer Micha play LB in the 1st half to keep him fresh in the 2nd half to close out the game. Micha has been getting "washed" on running plays to his side when he plays DE. At LB Micha has the freedom to flow to the ball and drop back into the shallow zones where Kupp thrives.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Stafford will look for Kujpp A LOT, but the Rams know that and they do a good job of moving him everywhere including in the backfield.

I want to see if they continue to try to use WRs to block out the front 7 as they did against the 49'ers.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
That's not what I'd be worried about, our defense is playing at a high level. LA's defense is better than any team we've played so far, and then some.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
I hate to say it but after watching the Rams last night, I'm feeling confident (which is never a good thing).

I never get the love for Stafford and he's always good for an INT or 2 when under pressure but somehow seems to avoid that negative side of his game getting mentioned - why?

The 49rs gave us the blueprint last night, get in the face of Stafford.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I hate to say it but after watching the Rams last night, I'm feeling confident (which is never a good thing).

I never get the love for Stafford and he's always good for an INT or 2 when under pressure but somehow seems to avoid that negative side of his game getting mentioned - why?

The 49rs gave us the blueprint last night, get in the face of Stafford.
No QB like getting sacked 7 times and pressured another 10.
If we do that, its going to be a great game.

But judging the Rams based on how they play the 49ers--especially at SF--is usually not a good measure.
The 49ers own those guys. 7 in row regular season

blueblood70

Reaction score
Limit Kupp catches but I'm not sure even have to do that. He had 14 catches for 122 yards last and they still only scored 9 points. In other words, they don't have many offensive playmakers after Kupp.

49ers didn't stop Kupp , your thread says so

what's the point?

they won big..if you fluster Stafford he throws off target and leads the league in picks for frontline starter.thats the key

that OL is suspectable to pressure and sacks getting Stafford to be off his mark and off time to his WRs. similar to the way we beat Cinci

DFWJC

Reaction score
The Rams badly need a 2nd WR to step up.
They miss OBJ and Van Jefferson for sure.
Robinson has been disappointing so far. I know he's getting a little older but I thought he'd help them. Maybe later in the season...
Jefferson is still on IR and he was a threat downfield.

lukin2006

Reaction score
We will be fine. The Rams o line is not great. We will get to Stafford. He is turnover prone.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
To beat the Rams force them to have to throw all day and come after Stafford. He’s always good for a turnover or two. The 49ers got after him real good last night. Cooper Kupp is going to get his catches you just have to force Stafford into mistakes. He’s a pick-six waiting to happen. He had three straight games last season with a pick-six and had one last night.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The Rams badly need a 2nd WR to step up.
They miss OBJ and Van Jefferson for sure.
Robinson has been disappointing so far. I know he's getting a little older but I thought he'd help them. Maybe later in the season...
Jefferson is still on IR and he was a threat downfield.

Exactly, I had no idea who their 2nd WR was. Had to check the depth chart.