Twitter: To beat the Rams you have to stop Kupp

Roland

Reaction score
I am more concerned with stopping the run than I am with Kupp. Not to demean Kupp. I am sure he will get his targets and catches, but if we cannot stop the run game, this will be a long night for our Cowboys

Tommy

Reaction score
Keep the pressure on Stafford. We will overwhelm their offensive line.

They have also become predictable without a viable deep threat. Everything is short passes to Kupp and Thigbee. Sit on those routes. Stafford threw a pick 6 last night because the defender knew exactly what was coming.

Big D

Reaction score
Exactly.

The DTs on this team as a whole are garbage.
Gallimore and Bohanna are getting better. Not elite but serviceable up to this point. I will become a believer when I see a team stick to the run against us. The good news is we probably will only see that in GB and Tenn.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gallimore and Bohanna are getting better. Not elite but serviceable up to this point. I will become a believer when I see a team stick to the run against us. The good news is we probably will only see that in GB and Tenn.

Yeah I'm going to disagree with you there. Osa's the best we have.

Plankton

Reaction score
Kupp will make his plays. They need to shut off the outside running game (which, while not a Ram strength, is the weakness of this defense), and collapse the pocket in the passing game. With how banged up the Ram OL is, and how banged up they were coming out of last night's game, they have to win this battle huge. If they can limit the gains on the outside zone plays, they can have success against this offensive team.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Niners didn't stop Kupp and won by 15 points. They just stopped everyone else. Kupp is going to get his touches, but you can't let him get a bunch of YAC.

conner01

Reaction score
Limit Kupp catches but I'm not sure even have to do that. He had 14 catches for 122 yards last and they still only scored 9 points. In other words, they don't have many offensive playmakers after Kupp.

Only way to stop Kupp is have Stafford on his back all day