TO Blames Garrett

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
With all the soup-opera drama from this past season, do we really believe a few comments from TO -- no matter how forthright and honest they may be -- will affect Jerry's thinking with regard to Garrett? Unfortunately, I don't believe it will make any difference.

Couple TO's comments with earlier revelations regarding Romo's role in creating and leading the game-day planning and the fact that Garrett's record is average (at best), it begins to feel a bit like the initial trickle of Garrett information could turn into a widespread flood. If that is the case, I really hope JJ takes action -- I really don't see how he can avoid it any longer.

Keep in mind, I am a hopeless optimist. Aside from a Garrett firing, I hold out hope the Aggies will win the SEC next year under Fisher and the Astros will repeat as World Series winner (admittedly, Astros winning again is not far-fetched).

:laugh:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Every time I read Garrett is the last one to leave the facility.....I can't help but wonder what the hell is he doing?!
Exactly!! What the hell is he doing? Its not like his schemes are anything new and creative. Never any "new wrinkles". In fact basic things like rub routes, pick plays, WR screens he barely uses. Wont put Dez in the slot or in motion to move him around. Heck 3 years ago Garrett had the lowest percentage of play action passes in his offense compared to the rest of the league. Is he looking for more RKG's? LOL

I have NEVER hated a coach more than I hate Garrett. Even more than I hated Parcells.

shawn_

Reaction score
T.O. was stupid and selfish then and l see still is, he's wrong again, so from 13-3 coach of the year and now can't coach, so funny
JG does good in most games.. Its the most important games he fails.. He cant get out of his own way..

GenoT

Reaction score
Like so many others, TO simply lacks the ability to understand The Process.

Gotta give Garrett at least another 7-10yrs before his coaching philosophy starts bearing fruit.

Just you wait!

Reactions: BAT

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Like so many others, TO simply lacks the ability to understand The Process.

Gotta give Garrett at least another 7-10yrs before his coaching philosophy starts bearing fruit.

Just you wait!
:lmao2::lmao::lmao2:

Another 10 years of screwing up on the job and he should be ready to go. LOL :oldcouple::oldcouple:

shawn_

Reaction score
Exactly!! What the hell is he doing? Its not like his schemes are anything new and creative. Never any "new wrinkles". In fact basic things like rub routes, pick plays, WR screens he barely uses. Wont put Dez in the slot or in motion to move him around. Heck 3 years ago Garrett had the lowest percentage of play action passes in his offense compared to the rest of the league. Is he looking for more RKG's? LOL

I have NEVER hated a coach more than I hate Garrett. Even more than I hated Parcells.
Dez in the slot or in movement... This has been my biggest complaint forever... either Dez is to stupid to learn the routes which I doubt, because he has ran them with success...

Case in point quick slant to Dez picks up 20 yards.. you dont see him run that again for 4 weeks.. I am NOT exaggerating

tyke1doe

Reaction score
What's mindblowing to me is not only are previous players like TO saying it, but CURRENT players like Dez and Brice are saying it
And Scandrick in a round about way. When Scandrick said Tony Romo ran the show, that's all you needed to know.
Then Tony, of all people, said Garrett is not an X's and O's guy but a rah-rah guy, that should have told Jerry he needs to make a change.
But, no. We'll wait three more years getting close but not even sniffing an NFC Championship Game before Jerry even thinks about replacing Garrett. And he'll be even hesitant then. Jerry needs someone to let him play coach, and Garrett is the perfect foil.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dez in the slot or in movement... This has been my biggest complaint forever... either Dez is to stupid to learn the routes which I doubt, because he has ran them with success...

Case in point quick slant to Dez picks up 20 yards.. you dont see him run that again for 4 weeks.. I am NOT exaggerating

"take what the defense gives you". This is the golden theory of Jason Garrett. His offensive philosophy. So basically he will go wherever the DC on the other team forces him to go. If they want Garrett to pass to Dez they simply stack the box and single cover Dez. Dez cant really go deep anymore and their completion percentage is about 50%. I would take those odds all day long.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I have NEVER seen a coach as bad as Garrett EVER. No exageration at all. He is the WORST I have ever seen. Campo and Wade run circles around him.
If JJ was gonna have patience with any coach it should've been Campo because he was the victim of JJ's cap ineptness. Troy talked about not wanting to play longer because he felt like his legacy was being ruined in Dallas. Parcells was able to turn things around because he is a genius when it comes to recognizing coaching and player talent. He recognized Belicheat, Peyton, and Coughlin who all went on to win SBs. Peyton brought Romo to Dallas. He drafted Witten, Ware, and Newman. He made the DL a priority by drafting Spears, Ratliff, Hatcher, Bowen, and Canty along with bringing in Fergison. When Parcells left they fed off of his work via Romo until he couldn't stay healthy anymore.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And Scandrick in a round about way. When Scandrick said Tony Romo ran the show, that's all you needed to know.
Then Tony, of all people, said Garrett is not an X's and O's guy but a rah-rah guy, that should have told Jerry he needs to make a change.
But, no. We'll wait three more years getting close but not even sniffing an NFC Championship Game before Jerry even thinks about replacing Garrett. And he'll be even hesitant then. Jerry needs someone to let him play coach, and Garrett is the perfect foil.

And by then Zeke will be on the downside of his career.