TO Blisters Jerry Jones

Acheman08

Reaction score
Saw an interview with Steve Young last week about dallas crapping the bed in the playoffs for 30 years and he put it pretty well...he said he thinks a head coach should be the one that runs the team. That is not how it is in Dallas. If there is an issue, players know they can go over the coach's head to Jerry. We have had different coaches, players, etc but it all ends up the same. Only coach since Jimmy that had balls was Parcells and he was at the end of his career. He also had to rebuild a terrible team (which he did). THIS IS THE PROBLEM and its not changing anytime soon. Cant we get some sort of Bud Light-type boycott going to get Jerry's attention? He is probably yucking it up on a yacht somewhere counting his billions saying "next year.......i think ill raise prices".

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Saw an interview with Steve Young last week about dallas crapping the bed in the playoffs for 30 years and he put it pretty well...he said he thinks a head coach should be the one that runs the team. That is not how it is in Dallas. If there is an issue, players know they can go over the coach's head to Jerry. We have had different coaches, players, etc but it all ends up the same. Only coach since Jimmy that had balls was Parcells and he was at the end of his career. He also had to rebuild a terrible team (which he did). THIS IS THE PROBLEM and it’s not changing anytime soon. Cant we get some sort of Bud Light-type boycott going to get Jerry's attention? He is probably yucking it up on a yacht somewhere counting his billions saying "next year.......i think I’ll raise prices".
Aikman has said the same when asked about being a GM. He said he would tell Jerry no more interviews after games, no more radio show…just stay out of the coaches way because right now he undermines the coach

Creeper

Reaction score
I won't say TO is wrong, but he is bitter.

Jerry is a big problem for this organization. We all know this. He has been since Jimmy left. I think Jerry has relinquished some of his power. That's why we have Will McClay now. There were times when no one could do what McClay has been doing.

Still, Jerry is too much in the forefront of this team. He will be as long as his health allows. Stephen is no better but I think he will be different. He seems to be a keeper of the coin rather than a person meddling in the talent. Our problem with him is he may tighten the strings on the purse even more after Jerry is gone. It looks dim, doesn't it?

But I think this team is not that far away unless they fall apart like the Eagle have. Fix the run game. Get some powerful DTs on the defense with an instinctive rangy LB and this team will be good to go. Maybe add one more playmaker on offense at WR2.

The offseason will be telling.

Nav22

Reaction score
Who picked the coach? Who picked the players? GM. So yes, it's his fault.
But again, he's just the "GM" by title. You think he's the one scouting players or working on contracts? He's not.

Also, the reason we're so disappointed is because we were supposed to beat Green Bay.

You know why we were supposed to beat Green Bay? Because of our strong talent that the front office acquired, and the 12-5 record our coaches led those players to.

Can't have it both ways.

If the coaches/players suck ("Jerry's fault"), then why did we expect them to advance in the playoffs?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
As Harry Truman said the buck stops here
Problem is that Jerry only really cares about the buck
Great meme potential. I'll have to learn how to use some AI image software.

Jerry at his big disk scooping dollars into a barrel, saying "The buck stops here!" with a newspaper on the table with headline "Another Cowboy Playoff Humiliation!".

chuck520

Reaction score
Everyone piling on and saying the same thing everyone else says for attention

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
I won't say TO is wrong, but he is bitter.

Jerry is a big problem for this organization. We all know this. He has been since Jimmy left. I think Jerry has relinquished some of his power. That's why we have Will McClay now. There were times when no one could do what McClay has been doing.

Still, Jerry is too much in the forefront of this team. He will be as long as his health allows. Stephen is no better but I think he will be different. He seems to be a keeper of the coin rather than a person meddling in the talent. Our problem with him is he may tighten the strings on the purse even more after Jerry is gone. It looks dim, doesn't it?

But I think this team is not that far away unless they fall apart like the Eagle have. Fix the run game. Get some powerful DTs on the defense with an instinctive rangy LB and this team will be good to go. Maybe add one more playmaker on offense at WR2.

The offseason will be telling.
Except they are way over the cap and have no mid-round draft choices to do any of this. Oh, and their offensive line and safeties are a mess also.