TO defends Dez on Undisputed

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He does have something to apologize for IMO.

The defense having its issues does not absolve the offense of shortcomings, or prevent it from living up to it's potential.

That's the thing with Garrett. It's easy to have a productive offense (and being better than the majority of teams is not a very high bar) when you have an elite QB and some good talent. The offense has never maximized it's potential under him, however. That is problematic.

Except the offense hasn't really had shortcomings recently. We're really complaining here about the last two weeks.

BTW, Garrett does deserve a lot of blame for not properly fixing the defense the last 7 years. Some of that was on picking the wrong DC, twice, and some was first-things-first with fixing the OL. But he's had plenty of time at this point to fix it better than it's been fixed.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Except the offense hasn't really had shortcomings recently. We're really complaining here about the last two weeks.

BTW, Garrett does deserve a lot of blame for not properly fixing the defense the last 7 years. Some of that was on picking the wrong DC, twice, and some was first-things-first with fixing the OL. But he's had plenty of time at this point to fix it better than it's been fixed.

The offense has had plenty of shortcomings this year. It had more than it should have in 2015, and it's had shortcomings pretty much Garrett's entire tenure. But that is missing the point. The offense can perform well, but still not do as well as it should, and under Garrett, I don't feel that it's ever done as well as it should.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The offense has had plenty of shortcomings this year. It had more than it should have in 2015, and it's had shortcomings pretty much Garrett's entire tenure. But that is missing the point. The offense can perform well, but still not do as well as it should, and under Garrett, I don't feel that it's ever done as well as it should.

And yet, on a points/offensive series basis, it's typically in the top, what? 15-20% of the league?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dont like the message...Attack the messenger

Cz is filled with posts like that

Lol. This is more a case of 'don't like the messenger, attack whatever he has to say.'

But since TO is a clown, who cares, really? It's like somebody getting upset we don't take Skip Bayless seriously.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Get rid of Garrett and Linehan and Dez will make the plays. Whose coaching staff in the NFL.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Lol. This is more a case of 'don't like the messenger, attack whatever he has to say.'

But since TO is a clown, who cares, really? It's like somebody getting upset we don't take Skip Bayless seriously.
How is TO a clown? Because he had negative things to say about Garrett’s scheme? Would we be saying the same thing if he praised it?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
And yet, on a points/offensive series basis, it's typically in the top, what? 15-20% of the league?

I don't care if they were #1 every year (and there have been some very mediocre seasons in this regard). That doesn't mean they're maximizing potential.

Edit: Btw, in Garrett's tenure as OC/HC, they have only been in the top 20% of the league 4 out of 11 seasons. So, no, it's not typical that they are that good.

They are typically top 3rd, which is okay. It should be better IMO.

Last edited:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I don't care if they were #1 every year (and there have been some very mediocre seasons in this regard). That doesn't mean they're maximizing potential.
This

The front office has invested too much on the offensive side of the ball for it to be as inconsistent as it is. This falls on the head coach

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Except that Linehan has change a lot of concepts to his liking...lol what part of that did you and T.O miss? Also, The routes weren't an issue when Dez was balling out.
Yes, you know more about nfl offenses than TO. My bad

kevm3

Reaction score
We've shipped away all the 'trouble-makers' and have given Garrett all the time he needs to get in his right kind of guys. We've even switched quarterbacks out. We've switched coordinators around. The only person who is still here from the old days is Witten. We're not 'a few players away'. We've tore down the roster and rebuilt it. We've brought in different coaches except a new head coach. Obviously Jerry is problem number 1, but it's clear as day that Garrett isn't getting it done. There's no excuses left for him. Get Garrett in the front office somewhere, where he'd excel, but he doesn't need to be coaching.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Edit: Btw, in Garrett's tenure as OC/HC, they have only been in the top 20% of the league 4 out of 11 seasons. So, no, it's not typical that they are that good.

They are typically top 3rd, which is okay. It should be better IMO.

Maybe. We can always play the game of 'they're good, but they could be better.' But when you look at the equivalent data for how the defense has performed (thanks for looking up the offense, btw), it's pretty obvious what we need to be *****ing about if we want to *****.

That's not an excuse for Garrett, either. He's the head coach, and the defensive problems are on him.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Maybe. We can always play the game of 'they're good, but they could be better.' But when you look at the equivalent data for how the defense has performed (thanks for looking up the offense, btw), it's pretty obvious what we need to be *****ing about if we want to *****.

That's not an excuse for Garrett, either. He's the head coach, and the defensive problems are on him.

I like the idea of addressing all problems. On defense, I think it's mostly a talent problem (but not just). Offense is another story. If all the resources are going to be spent on offense, then it has to perform.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How is TO a clown? Because he had negative things to say about Garrett’s scheme? Would we be saying the same thing if he praised it?

I didn't listen to TO, actually. So my issue isn't with anything he might have said. He's just a clown because he's a cancer and a narcissist who wore out a welcome on 5 different NFL teams despite amazing ability who actively undermined every QB he ever worked with, fought with players in the Eagles locker room, spit in the face of an opposing DB, and did that embarrassing sit-up press conference in his driveway.

The guy lives to cause friction with teams. He's one of the biggest ***clowns to put on a pair of cleats, and he'd be a league wide joke the size of Ryan Leaf if he weren't also such a damn good player on Sundays.