To Kill a Mock, 6.0

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
the kid 05;2706875 said:
Would you plug Robinson in at left guard if Kosier gets hurt or even if he doesn't?

From what i've read about Chung hes a slightly faster Roy...I doubt many of us want to sit through that again. I'd think about swapping him (chung) for Michael Hamlin. From what i've read hes one of the better safties when it comes to being a ball hawk, which the team could use imo.

Readin on Sidbury I'm starting to think he'd be a perfect match on the other side of Ware.

Johnson reminds me of Vikings Winfield, decent/ok in coverage but a sure tackler but with better vision (I like Winfield)

No to Bomar. I just dont like him and dont think he will fit our offense. A guy i'd look at is Stephen McGee from Texas A&M. Seen limited time his Sr year but when hes started and played the previouse 3 season hes been steller.

Lawl no.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Rush 2112;2708512 said:
Fortunately I have some experience watching the Zimmer defense.

Line your corners up 15 yards off the ball and back pedal like crazy:lmao2: :lmao:

Cosby career KOR = 23.7

Thomas career KOR = 23.4

Let's PRETEND it's a push at PR duty.

Who has been more productive in their careers which was your first comment?

Next, you'll go back to Cosby was playing behind all that NFL talent at UT.

The WR's who shall remain anonymous.....

Limas Sweed and who?

I really do like the "for their careers Cosby was a much better special team player" effort.

Proven to be dead wrong, but nice try.

Good lord. When it comes to scouting everyone will be wrong on various players but if you believe what you are posting here you are simply too stuck on a player to allow brain function.

I actually love Dallas area high schoolers and Thomas is a Desoto grad. I certainly don't dislike him. But I did dislike how he looked running routes and catching the ball in shorts at the combine.

Beyond that, yes, I said who was more productive as a college player. And again that is Cosby. He had the best year of either guy overall and as their final seasons and did so for a top 10 team. Any lead Thomas has in "career" stats stems mostly from his freshman year. While Thomas was getting major playing time on a team with 0 draftable pass catchers, Cosby was a special teamer on a team that had a number of NFL draftees and was a National Championship squad.

Cosby may have averaged only .4 yards more per kick off return but a) that is still better and b) he actually had a fair amount of kick offs to his name--- over 70 compared to the 42 for Thomas. Mike Thomas was not a special teamer at all his first two years at the school. Cosby started out on special teams with some spot duty at WR.

Texas ran a run-based offense until last year when a banged up Cosby still had a hugely productive season.

Again these guys are very similar except the age difference and that makes Thomas a much more appealing prospect. But if these guys were the same age then what Cosby did at UT for a Big 12 national championship contender would be considered a far greater collegiate resume than Mike Thomas' numbers at Arizona who has a game on national tv about once a month.

I wouldn't feel I had to draft either guy.

Mike Thomas is overrated because his 40 time is impressive and Cosby is a really old guy incoming rookie. I worried in taking TNew because he was 24 so Cosby at 27 certianly doesn't excite me except as a late round get.

But I'd not hesitate at all in r6 to draft either guy. They are the same type slot guy/Special Teamer with the exception that Thomas can give you a lot longer career provided he stays healthy.

As to the UT guys yes Limas Sweed who was a r2 draftee, Bo Scaife who was a r6 TE, Jermichael Finley who was a r3 TE, David Thomas who was a r3 TE and Jordan Shipley who is still there but is a 5th year senior and a definite NFL prospect.

The last Arizona WR/TE who was drafted prior to r7 was Bobby Wade in 2003.

The Wildcats have put a lot of really good defenders in the NFL but they really haven't added any offensive talent to speak of.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
CATCH17;2709155 said:

What do you not like about him?

He has shown he can both throw and run, he has shown he is tough. He did suffer injuries but that's because Fran made him a fullback on more plays than he has him act as a true QB. He really passed well the few times they opened it up. And he had great success against Texas compared to how crappy TAMU was most of the time. I guess as a UT fan maybe it is just that bias.

He looked really good at the combine. He has the numbers on paper and I'd love him as a late round get who sits a couple years with nothing more than a 10 play package.