TO talks Dak and Brady

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
true, from what we’ve heard Jones has made Dak a very generous offer and Dak turned it down....I like Dak quite a bit but he isn’t Wilson money.
Dak didn’t turn it down, his agent did. There’s a difference.

zeke21

Reaction score
Sadly I think Dak will get his monster deal.. and thus will end whatever chance we had of seeing success in the next ten years.

Dak will go down as the single worst overpaid QB in history. The guy is not clutch, can't make the throws, has really sloppy footwork. Right now I think MM believe he can improve his footwork and thus accuracy.. and that is still our best hope of success if MM can work a miracle with Dak.. but Dak holds this offence back more than some people seem willing to recognise.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Sadly I think Dak will get his monster deal.. and thus will end whatever chance we had of seeing success in the next ten years.

Dak will go down as the single worst overpaid QB in history. The guy is not clutch, can't make the throws, has really sloppy footwork. Right now I think MM believe he can improve his footwork and thus accuracy.. and that is still our best hope of success if MM can work a miracle with Dak.. but Dak holds this offence back more than some people seem willing to recognise.
Yeah because we’ve had so much success the past 20 years lol.

zeke21

Reaction score
Yeah because we’ve had so much success the past 20 years lol.
Well that was kind of implied.. like finally the last five years I thought we were kinda getting our **** together a little bit.. like 2016 was no doubt our best shot.

Despite moments of weakness.. our defence is WAAAAAY better than its been for the last 15 years.. it is actually at a level that we could sustain a tilt. Our running game and Oline are set and ready to go..

So all the pieces are there with decent special teams (clearly a priority) and great coaching (hopeful this new group is the answer) we are really close.. for mine the only remaining piece is the QB. Personally I don't think Dak is the answer.. his stats were gained against weaker opposition or in prevent defensive looks.. I haven't seen anything to suggest he can 'get it done' when we actually need it most. I think we could have success with Dak but NOT if we are forced to pay him 30% of the cap.. Dak at 25M is great.. dak at 30M is doable.. dak at the rumoured 40 he wants?? No chance.. we would lose to many assets around him.

So I am quite fearful of the future because we seem to be aggressively dealing with our other issues and moving into position to actually get back to the SB.. but for some reason they seem waaaaay too eager for a middle of the road QB.

garyo1954

Reaction score
From what I'm hearing is "If we don't have Dak, we got nothing."

So the first order of business should be to look for a backup with some upside if worse comes to worst.

How about DeShon Kizer? Remember him? Dual threat QB, drafted by Cleveland in the 2nd. He beat out Brock Osweiler. Traded to Green Bay in 2018 where he backed up Rodgers. Released before this season and signed by the Raiders.

Mike likes his talent and arm. The two have worked together. And do I have to mention......he'd push Dak to be the best Dak our guy Dak can be!

All we need do is call Chuckie and sell him a pig in a poke. That's Jerry's job.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You are correct but there is still hope anyway if they give this inept QB a monster deal it will be R.I.P. for our Cowboys for another decade!:(

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From what I'm hearing is "If we don't have Dak, we got nothing."

So the first order of business should be to look for a backup with some upside if worse comes to worst.

How about DeShon Kizer? Remember him? Dual threat QB, drafted by Cleveland in the 2nd. He beat out Brock Osweiler. Traded to Green Bay in 2018 where he backed up Rodgers. Released before this season and signed by the Raiders.

Mike likes his talent and arm. The two have worked together. And do I have to mention......he'd push Dak to be the best Dak our guy Dak can be!

All we need do is call Chuckie and sell him a pig in a poke. That's Jerry's job.

Gary, they're selling Crazy look away!!! :muttley:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
McCarthy will let you know if Dak is worth the all in investment. I'm thinking he would rather be with Dak than without.

ondaedg

Reaction score
I really dont think there is a comparison between the two times - When Aikman signed his 8 year deal in 1993 there was no cap.

When Romo Signed his deal, his was 14% of the cap per year.

What Dak and other QB's are asking for is 30% of the cap

There is a lot more to consider now than then!!!

The 2019 cap was $188 mil. Dak isn't asking for $60 mil..

zeke21

Reaction score
McCarthy will let you know if Dak is worth the all in investment. I'm thinking he would rather be with Dak than without.
I do trust that McCarthy will be clear if Dak can get it done or not. That is why I'm in favour of the tag.. give the new coach a year to work with him and then make the monster deal if, and only if, your coach says go. In the meantime recruit a decent back up that can actually PUSH Dak.. ie some friggen competition at the spot.. and also recruit a guy for the future our of this deep QB draft pool.

For mine it shouldn't just be about "is Dak good" but about whether he is worth the money he wants and also.. would another QB be better than him in our set up? Would another QB be the same but cheaper etc etc.

I don't think Dak is the calibre QB that deserves to have a franchise go 'all in' to keep. I think we could find many more decent, slightly above average QBs to fit in behind our Oline with Zeke.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Gary, they're selling Crazy look away!!! :muttley:

LOL! You're right.

Cooper Rush is not one of those guys who'd make the defense cower on the sidelines. Three years with the Cowboys and he's 1 for 3 for 2yds. If he had to come in, it would only be to finish the game. And then Jerry would be on the phone looking for an experienced QB.

In Kizer's rookie season he played 15 games, Kizer completed 53.6 percent of his passes for 2,894 yards, 11 touchdowns, and 22 interceptions. He also rushed for 419 yards and five touchdowns.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do trust that McCarthy will be clear if Dak can get it done or not. That is why I'm in favour of the tag.. give the new coach a year to work with him and then make the monster deal if, and only if, your coach says go. In the meantime recruit a decent back up that can actually PUSH Dak.. ie some friggen competition at the spot.. and also recruit a guy for the future our of this deep QB draft pool.

For mine it shouldn't just be about "is Dak good" but about whether he is worth the money he wants and also.. would another QB be better than him in our set up? Would another QB be the same but cheaper etc etc.

I don't think Dak is the calibre QB that deserves to have a franchise go 'all in' to keep. I think we could find many more decent, slightly above average QBs to fit in behind our Oline with Zeke.

Putting the Tag on Dak is like @@@@ on a bull......total waste of good cap $ for a QB who has proven he can't get the job done against good defenses!
Better off going QB shopping and signing a vet for a couple of years and draft a QB to develop.....
Dak had all of this season to prove he is worth the Big Bucks .....he failed miserably!

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Not by any means do I much into what TO has to say, but.....

"Owens said the reason he believes Jones isn’t sold on Prescott because of the contract situation going on between the quarterback and the Cowboys.

“He hasn’t extended Dak’s contract,” Owens said of Jerry Jones. “So, that leads me to believe he truly doesn’t believe in Dak. If he had, then I think he would have already got a contract extension.”

It’s worth pointing out that reports indicate Prescott will be secured via the franchise tag this offseason while he and the Cowboys continue to try and pound out a long-term extension. That being said, given the other options out there this coming spring in free agency, one wonders if the Cowboys could potentially be looking elsewhere."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...dak-prescott-should-sign-tom-brady/ar-BBYNomZ

Man, TO should just shut up.

What a great player, what a questionable character.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Putting the Tag on Dak is like @@@@ on a bull......total waste of good cap $ for a QB who has proven he can't get the job done against good defenses!
Better off going QB shopping and signing a vet for a couple of years and draft a QB to develop.....
Dak had all of this season to prove he is worth the Big Bucks .....he failed miserably!

I was looking at Big Mc's draft record. He drafted 5 QB's while he had Aaron. Broehm, Flynn, Coleman, Isen, Hundley. Always looking.

For the record he drafted 17 LBs, including Hawk and Matthews.
18 WRs, Jennings, Nelson and Cobb.
9 DE
7 DT, includng BJ Raji
9 OT
7 Guards.
9 RB
8 Safetys
7 Corners

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was looking at Big Mc's draft record. He drafted 5 QB's while he had Aaron. Broehm, Flynn, Coleman, Isen, Hundley. Always looking.

For the record he drafted 17 LBs, including Hawk and Matthews.
18 WRs, Jennings, Nelson and Cobb.
9 DE
7 DT, includng BJ Raji
9 OT
7 Guards.
9 RB
8 Safetys
7 Corners

Mc's with Dak this will not have a good ending for #4.....he's run out of coaches to kill....

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You have to be realistic. He was very good at times this season as well. He improved in a lot of areas. Unfortunately he was also very bad at times. Most of his supporters are hoping he can establish some consistency.
I am realistic. He was very good against the Glass Joes of the nfl for the most part and a chump against better teams. I'll say the first Eagles game and Vikings games were the games that don't fit. If you play good against tomato fans and mainly eh against better teams did you really improve or did competition make you look better?

garyo1954

Reaction score
Mc's with Dak this will not have a good ending for #4.....he's run out of coaches to kill....

I'm hoping this goes along the lines of the Bruce Arians hire last year. Winston stayed and had a great season albeit he created the 30/30 club for NFL QBs, with 7 pick 6s.

I don't Mc will give Dak that long a leash. Dak will have work to do if hr stays with the Cowboys.

CWR

Reaction score
I am realistic. He was very good against the Glass Joes of the nfl for the most part and a chump against better teams. I'll say the first Eagles game and Vikings games were the games that don't fit. If you play good against tomato fans and mainly eh against better teams did you really improve or did competition make you look better?

As if he didn't play poor competition in his previous years? This was a qb that people said couldn't sniff a 300 yard game. They said he couldn't read the field and go through his progressions also.

Im not celebrating his over all play this season. He still has a ways to go, but to say his supporters are stuck in 2016 is wrong.