To the Jerry haters?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was raised to work and respect my boss.....I was also taught by my father to move on, if I didn't respect my boss. When I became a boss, I fired 26 people in 4 weeks, that's very tough to do, but I hired 26 people to replace them. I respect Jerry, he won us 3 titles, it's not easy to win championships.....some people are very spoiled and have no clue. I wonder how many of you work for a boss that you don't respect? I never did.....

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Good ethos. A bad boss can make your life miserable. And yes, being a boss is tough. Oftentimes you have to make decisions when there isn't a clear answer.

I certainly don't hate Jerry. I try to give him credit for what he gets right but also criticize him for his mistakes. Unfortunately, he has made some really high profile & franchise altering mistakes that he'll never live down.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not a Jerry hater. I am a losing hater. I’m sick of not accomplishing anything. That’s what I really reallly don’t like. Jerry Jones is a good man, good father, great businessman and an incapable GM. It’s not personal. It’s just pitiful we can’t get someone in here who can win. That’s what drives me crazy.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not a Jerry hater. I am a losing hater. I’m sick of not accomplishing anything. That’s what I really reallly don’t like. Jerry Jones is a good man, good father, great businessman and an incapable GM. It’s not personal. It’s just pitiful we can’t get someone in here who can win. That’s what drives me crazy.
Three titles is not accomplishing anything????? Do you know how hard it is to win a championship at any level!!!! Ridiculous!!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was raised to work and respect my boss.....I was also taught by my father to move on, if I didn't respect my boss. When I became a boss, I fired 26 people in 4 weeks, that's very tough to do, but I hired 26 people to replace them. I respect Jerry, he won us 3 titles, it's not easy to win championships.....some people are very spoiled and have no clue. I wonder how many of you work for a boss that you don't respect? I never did.....
I get your point, and to a degree I agree with it. But we aren't employees, and it's not a matter of respecting Jerry as our boss. I think most of Jerry's employees feel they are treated well.

We are consumers, and Jerry owns a very public business, and he intentionally puts himself in the spotlight as the face of that business, and heavily involves media to put his business in front of the public, so all of that invites scrutiny.

I don't agree with all of the criticism Jerry gets (but I certainly do agree with some of it), but that's the business he chose, and he invites more of it than the normal owner by also taking on the role of GM and spokesman for the business as well,

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Not at all how it works in Corporate America in this day and age. Most people you work for in 2021 are a bunch of no talent success stories. People like Steven Jones.

Chances are, 9 out of 10 bosses you work for, you don't respect at all. And to most people, myself included, your income and quality of life far outweigh some cornbread, baby boomer values. It's a ruthless world out there and it's all about survival.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Three titles is not accomplishing anything????? Do you know how hard it is to win a championship at any level!!!! Ridiculous!!
Those were great accomplishments 25 years ago. If you haven’t done anything in a qtr century and winning is your priority, you may need to admit you don’t have what it takes anymore. Besides, Jerry didn’t win those 3 Lombardis alone.

As a former coach you would know- if your connection to winning was a long, long time ago, you probably should be in danger of being replaced. Except here, the GM and son have lifetime contracts regardless of results. That’s not a realistic formula for winning in today’s NFL.

How many of us would be able to say in a 25 year drought of accomplishment,”Hey look at what I did over two decades ago”? That’s a pretty hollow statement if winning truly is the bottom line.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
You have become very philosophical lately. Very. I hope everything is ok. God bless.

That said, Jerry is clown and he deserves the scorn for what he has done to this great franchise.

Sydla

Reaction score

How many bosses would keep their job if the division or group they were running underperformed for 20+ years?

That's the issue people have with Jerry. Sure, he brought us 3 SBs. He gets credit for that. But he also did that with Jimmy and it was over 2 decades ago. Since the team Jerry and Jimmy built was dismantled and it was Jerry and his son building the team, the results have been less than good. They've actually been pretty terrible from a postseason perspective. You are right, it's not easy to win championships but the Cowboys aren't spitting out good teams for long stretches that just can't get over that hump. In many cases, the team can't even get to the hump to try to get over it. Whose fault is that primarily?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not at all how it works in Corporate America in this day and age. Most people you work for in 2021 are a bunch of no talent success stories. People like Steven Jones.

Chances are, 9 out of 10 bosses you work for, you don't respect at all. And to most people, myself included, your income and quality of life far outweigh some cornbread, baby boomer values. It's a ruthless world out there and it's all about survival.
That's why I retired when I turned 50......

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many bosses would keep their job if the division or group they were running underperformed for 20+ years?

That's the issue people have with Jerry. Sure, he brought us 3 SBs. He gets credit for that. But he also did that with Jimmy and it was over 2 decades ago. Since the team Jerry and Jimmy built was dismantled and it was Jerry and his son building the team, the results have been less than good. They've actually been pretty terrible from a postseason perspective. You are right, it's not easy to win championships but the Cowboys aren't spitting out good teams for long stretches that just can't get over that hump. In many cases, the team can't even get to the hump to try to get over it. Whose fault is that primarily?
He's the owner, so he'll keep it as long as he wants.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have become very philosophical lately. Very. I hope everything is ok. God bless.

That said, Jerry is clown and he deserves the scorn for what he has done to this great franchise.
I need to stick to the gameday menu and keep my mouth shut! Lol

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I proudly wear the 'Jerry hater' badge. When the person you defend says he will do 'anything' to win another super bowl, knowing when he said that it that he really wouldn't do 'anything', how can you really respect this person?

And for the record, I give Jimmy credit for those super bowl wins, not Jerry.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I proudly wear the 'Jerry hater' badge. When the person you defend says he will do 'anything' to win another super bowl, knowing when he said that it that he really wouldn't do 'anything', how can you really respect this person?

And for the record, I give Jimmy credit for those super bowl wins, not Jerry.
Who hired Jimmy? Huh?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I
Those were great accomplishments 25 years ago. If you haven’t done anything in a qtr century and winning is your priority, you may need to admit you don’t have what it takes anymore. Besides, Jerry didn’t win those 3 Lombardis alone.

As a former coach you would know- if your connection to winning was a long, long time ago, you probably should be in danger of being replaced. Except here, the GM and son have lifetime contracts regardless of results. That’s not a realistic formula for winning in today’s NFL.

How many of us would be able to say in a 25 year drought of accomplishment,”Hey look at what I did over two decades ago”? That’s a pretty hollow statement if winning truly is the bottom line.
I won 14 championships in my 29 years....it's not easy. I get ticked off when people that have never strapped it on come out and complain....they have no clue

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I don't hate Jerry.
I do wish he would step down as GM
As that is best for the Cowboys

Sydla

Reaction score
He's the owner, so he'll keep it as long as he wants.

I have no doubt he'll keep it for as long as he wants. That's not the point. You seem perplexed, even bothered, that Jerry gets a lot of criticism. It's clear why he gets criticism. He has run a franchise, with his son, that has what has been a pretty shoddy run for nearly a quarter decade. He made himself the GM and any GM in the entire history of the NFL would get the same criticism he's gotten. Frankly, no GM in the history of the NFL would have lasted as long as Jerry with such paltry postseason results over a 25 year period.

Here's the reality. Jerry made himself the GM. Choices have consequences. In making himself the GM he has opened himself to WAY MORE criticism from fans than other owners who sit in the background and let their GMs do much of the work. He can't reap all the accolades he wants as GM and then not be subjected to the harsh criticism when his teams spit the bit.

You seem to be tying disrespect and criticism together. GMs who don't go a good job deserve criticism. It's bizarre to argue otherwise and try to make it out to be disrespectful of Jerry.