To the Jerry haters?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I've done stupid crap too, we're not all perfect like you are.....

Cheating on your wife with an 18 year old stripper when you are in your 70's is not just stupid crap. But hey ...... Feel free to keep blowing smoke up Jerry's *** and giving him credit for what Jimmy Johnson accomplished 30 years ago.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I was once like you. I was a big time Jerry backer and supporter. He brought us 3 titles in record speed. Even 10 years ago I was still luke warm but it has been 25 years of futility now and he is making decisions that are clearly not in the best interest of winning. He has turned into a drunken clown show and he has to go.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Having power, wealth & fame puts you in the crosshairs of temptation, pride, vanity & pretty much any other human fallacy. It's easy to throw stones but wouldn't a lot of us make some mistakes if we were in their shoes?

Not saying you have to respect some attributes of his personality but there does seem to be a lot of good attributes as well.

Except I do not believe his fake crocodile tears when he cries about players ...... Guy is a scumbag who only cares about his own ego.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Except I do not believe his fake crocodile tears when he cries about players ...... Guy is a scumbag who only cares about his own ego.
that's fair. we each have to judge what is real & what isn't.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What has Jerry done once the salary cap was implemented? I don’t know Jerry and in general I don’t hate anyone. It’s wasted energy. But Jerry the GM under the salary cap has been a complete failure.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What has Jerry done once the salary cap was implemented? I don’t know Jerry and in general I don’t hate anyone. It’s wasted energy. But Jerry the GM under the salary cap has been a complete failure.
Still here and a mod! Lol

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Apparently JJ no longer has a clue. Isn’t it possible that the game passes people by eventually. My all time favorite coach was Tom Landry. One of the truly great and innovative HCs in football history. But by 1989, even he was no longer what he once was. Everyone of us eventually are no longer effective.

Jerry is 78. The way he won in the 90s (when he was in his late 40s and early 50s) was by hiring a strong HC who could balance him. In order for Jerry to have success, he needed a Jimmy Johnson type coach who was tough and in charge. When Jimmy got credit for all he accomplished in Dallas Jerry was jealous and angry. That jealousy and frustration has hamstrung him for decades now. Instead of recognizing his success was tied to hiring someone who could balance his own weaknesses, he wants to be perceived as the one who really did all himself. He’s done this to himself. His glory days were always tied to a shared leadership. And he still refuses to recognize that.
Why are you still here if you don't like the owner.....I don't get it....

rambo2

Reaction score
I’m not a Jerry hater. I am a losing hater. I’m sick of not accomplishing anything. That’s what I really reallly don’t like. Jerry Jones is a good man, good father, great businessman and an incapable GM. It’s not personal. It’s just pitiful we can’t get someone in here who can win. That’s what drives me crazy.
The Murray fumble, the Dez non catch call, and Romo getting hurt weren't Jerry's fault. Jerry certainly can win and the team is in position to have a good season this year.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am honest, I can't stand him but he does not affect my fanhood for my team. I don't even mind that he runs the show, he bought it with the idea of running it. He didn't just want to own a franchise, he wants to run one.

The comparison to a boss is a little lot there because I can avoid exposure to Booger and select what I want, not so with a boss. Booger has no control as a boss does.

A good boss is not one employees like or even respect but one that gets the very best out of the employees. Can you say Booger has done that? Has he held them accountable? Which is the best way for them to get their very best.

I have always had to look past certain aspects of the Cowboys and not let one or two parts ruin the whole. I view him as one of those parts, just as I did some of our very bad actor players like Rentzel and Septien and others like Irvin, Sanders, Owens, Pacman and Hardy that I didn't like.

These Booger defense threads are a waste of time as much as a Prescott debate thread. Either posters like them or they don't and nothing is going to change that that we can put in a thread.

I cannot stand him and nothing will change that. If he goes toes up before me, you will never see RIP from me, I will not even venture into that thread, as that is my right, to like or dislike anyone based on my own criteria.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am honest, I can't stand him but he does not affect my fanhood for my team. I don't even mind that he runs the show, he bought it with the idea of running it. He didn't just want to own a franchise, he wants to run one.

The comparison to a boss is a little lot there because I can avoid exposure to Booger and select what I want, not so with a boss. Booger has no control as a boss does.

A good boss is not one employees like or even respect but one that gets the very best out of the employees. Can you say Booger has done that? Has he held them accountable? Which is the best way for them to get their very best.

I have always had to look past certain aspects of the Cowboys and not let one or two parts ruin the whole. I view him as one of those parts, just as I did some of our very bad actor players like Rentzel and Septien and others like Irvin, Sanders, Owens, Pacman and Hardy that I didn't like.

These Booger defense threads are a waste of time as much as a Prescott debate thread. Either posters like them or they don't and nothing is going to change that that we can put in a thread.

I cannot stand him and nothing will change that. If he goes toes up before me, you will never see RIP from me, I will not even venture into that thread, as that is my right, to like or dislike anyone based on my own criteria.
:clap:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s pretty clear.
Yep, how well did anyone here know Clint Murchison or Bum Bright?

I know fans that are diehard Mavericks fans and can't stand Cuban.

What does any owner have to do with a fan being a fan? Hell, Booger wasn't a fan until he bought it, at least Bright was a Cowboys fan that bought his favorite team, much like Cuban did.

I can't stand Bezos yet here I am, an Amazon customer.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why are you still here if you don't like the owner.....I don't get it....
I think you are completely misunderstanding my feelings. I don’t like losing because I love the Cowboys. Whoever our GM was I would feel that way. It’s not about Jerry. It’s about losing. I will ask you a return question- why does it matter to you that some Cowboys fans don’t feel the same way you do?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, how well did anyone here know Clint Murchison or Bum Bright?

I know fans that are diehard Mavericks fans and can't stand Cuban.

What does any owner have to do with a fan being a fan? Hell, Booger wasn't a fan until he bought it, at least Bright was a Cowboys fan that bought his favorite team, much like Cuban did.

I can't stand Bezos yet here I am, an Amazon customer.
Exactly.