To Tom Landry & Jimmy Johnson. Thanks!

GMO415

Reaction score
This is my official thread to thank Tom Landry & Jimmy Johnson for the memories of the real Dallas Cowboys. We may never see that success repeated again as current Cowboys fans. The greed has conquered the Jones family and the lack of respect for their fans.
Id add Tuna as well.

jujoboys

Reaction score
This is my official thread to thank Tom Landry & Jimmy Johnson for the memories of the real Dallas Cowboys. We may never see that success repeated again as current Cowboys fans. The greed has conquered the Jones family and the lack of respect for their fans.
No love for Super Bowl winning coach Barry Switzer? lol

Motorola

Reaction score
Lol, I'm looking forward to the draft, training camp, and the season. I love it. Tell me what you were saying about our kicker in last year’s training camp?
So many CZers were wringing their hands about that position --
overlooking that the Cowboys had one of the best special teams coaches in the league on the staff...he did due diligence in finding a player that excelled the most at his position league-wide this past season.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The coach that kept Tony Romo as the holder. Only team in the league that had starting qb as a holder.
If it wasn't for Bill, Romo wouldn't have even been the starter. Jerry didn't know what he had.

At the very least Bill remade the team and it was made to compete. Jerry goofed that up with his selection of coaches. Yea let's hire Garrett first and then make him a head coach in waiting. Then let's hire the mediocre Wade Phillips as HC and don't give him any power. Perfect plan. This is actually the point when I realized that Jerry didn't care if he won SBs or not.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
As long as the Jones family owns the Cowboys we will never see that type of football success again.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I know all about Tom Landry. Mike McCarthy is a good coach as well.
McCarthy is a decent regular season coach definitely an improvement over Garrett.

But he is in no way shape or form in the same conversation as Tom Landry

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're still here...

Blackrain

Reaction score
He could tie him in Super Bowl wins.
I guess that's a possibility he is going to have to get past the wild card game and actually get to the super bowl to do that.

And I'll make you a promise if he wins a super bowl as the coach of the Dallas Cowboys I'll meet you in front of Lincoln financial Field and give you a grand

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
you forgot Switzer for securing the 5th lombardi
Not sure if you are just being sarcastic or humorous.....but all of us who have a brain know this team was on auto pilot from the Jimmy years and won that trophy with Barry along for the ride. He was a great college coach i admit that...but c'mon now. Giving him credit for the SB, is like saying Jerry assembled the team that won those multiple SBs.....

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
How could you blame him unlike the players of today he appreciated quality coaching because unlike the players of today he wanted to win not just get paid

Agree, loved the passion of Troy, whether chewing out his OL or the coach. He would let you know what he thought.