TO - Trotter

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Hey, Nors, I've got this really great piece of land down in Florida I'd like to get rid of, I'll let you have it for a VERY good price...

Just pump a couple-three feet of water off of it, run off a few gators, and you're good to go...

Whaddaya say, bud, you up for being one of those guys that PT Barnum told us about??

I am not interested - I have property in Siesta Key - very familiar with the Sarasota area and PT Barnum history.

But thanks for the offer none the same.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
After all that the Eagles organization and Reid did and said about and to TO, if they bring him back, they will be a laughing stock to me.

What a joke. :rolleyes:

jimmy40

Reaction score
Nors said:
Trotter on NFL network asked for TO to be brought back. If the players want him back and Reid is ok - Maybe TO deserves a mulligan. I'm not an Eagles fan but maybe TO deserves some slack and a second chance.

He has apologized and maybe is remorseful and sincere.
Second chance? I thought his second chance came during training camp.

1fisher

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Second chance? I thought his second chance came during training camp.

I hope the eagles give a second third and fourth chance!!! That way he will not become a Cowboy and the 60 something people who voted for him in another thread will shut up about him being here!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
I know me and whole bunch of other natives would start rooting for the Texans until he exits the building but it will never happen.
Well, that's sad for you, I guess. I root for the uniform and the star, not the players. I can't stand TO, just as I couldn't stand Deion Sanders in 1994. But when he was on the field, he was a Cowboy, and that's good enough.

If, somehow, TO ends up here and is the good soldier that I expect him to be for the rest of the year, I will root for him and the Cowboys and our Superbowl will taste just as sweet.

1fisher

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Well, that's sad for you, I guess. I root for the uniform and the star, not the players. I can't stand TO, just as I couldn't stand Deion Sanders in 1994. But when he was on the field, he was a Cowboy, and that's good enough.

If, somehow, TO ends up here and is the good soldier that I expect him to be for the rest of the year, I will root for him and the Cowboys and our Superbowl will taste just as sweet.

That's one more reason I don't want him here. Can you see the headlines "T.O. leads Dallas to SuperBowl victory"...... It would be ALL about TO and I for one DON'T want to see that. It's a team and not one player. I want to see how far we can go with what we have. We've already beat the NFC champs twice! Who knows where else we can go?

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
1fisher said:
That's one more reason I don't want him here. Can you see the headlines "T.O. leads Dallas to SuperBowl victory"...... It would be ALL about TO and I for one DON'T want to see that. It's a team and not one player. I want to see how far we can go with what we have. We've already beat the NFC champs twice! Who knows where else we can go?
So you hate TO so much, that you would rather we don't win than win with him ??

I would rather win without him too, but if he is here and we win a SB , that won't bother me.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
It's Philly and they can do whatever they want. I hate T.O. with a passion and probably always will. However, if they want to give him a another chance or if they have to because the arbitration goes against them, then that's okay with me.

It actually would be refreshing to see T.O. act like a decent human being. And if he's truly remorseful, then maybe he will. That would go a long way towards lessening my hate for him, not that it matters an iota to him.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
TO has made mistakes. To is apologetic and remorseful. He deserves another chance.
Any Reid needs to forgive and open the good book up.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
I think he will win too. The maximum you can suspend any player is 4 games, and since the Eagles announced their intention to deactivate him for the rest of the season as punishment, it is effectively a suspension. If Keyshawn had appealed he would have won too. I believe the arbitrator will force the Eagles to cut Owens this season.

I watched calico's Tivo recording of the game today for the first time. Look at McNabb move. Look at him dance in the end zone. Look at the hits he took, yet he popped right up. But after he is gently pushed to the ground after the interception, he suddenly can't stand up. When will people stop calling this guy a warrior and start calling him a head case?

The arbitrator has no power to force the eagles to cut him in the NFL. As long as they still plan to pay him they can deactivate him like any other player on game day. So Skaven there is nothing TO or the arbitrator can do about that not even the NFLPA can force them to cut him because it is part of the bargaining agreement they made. The only thing the arbitrator can reduce is the amount of suspend games with out pay period end of story. TO sits the rest of the year and if I am Philly top brass I do not budge.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Nors said:
TO has made mistakes. To is apologetic and remorseful. He deserves another chance.

Gulp...umm...umm......weird I agree with Nors.

If I'm TO.. I fire and blame my agent. TO could save face by saying he was acting on advice he received from his agent.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Will having T.O. back help the eagles or hurt them? I think it helps them. Ergo, the Commanders season ticket holder arbitrator will probably rule against T.O. to give his beloved Skins an advantage.

1fisher

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
So you hate TO so much, that you would rather we don't win than win with him ??

I would rather win without him too, but if he is here and we win a SB , that won't bother me.

It would bother me...... I think we have just as good a chance without him. All it would do is make his head fatter!!!!!!

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
The arbitrator has no power to force the eagles to cut him in the NFL. As long as they still plan to pay him they can deactivate him like any other player on game day. So Skaven there is nothing TO or the arbitrator can do about that not even the NFLPA can force them to cut him because it is part of the bargaining agreement they made. The only thing the arbitrator can reduce is the amount of suspend games with out pay period end of story. TO sits the rest of the year and if I am Philly top brass I do not budge.
Here's the issue -

CBA states that 4 games is the maximum allowed to suspend a player for conduct detrimental to the team. You can't use the inactive list to extend a suspension.

Yes, a team can deactivate whomever they want. However the Eagles are also trying to force TO from joining the team, using the facilities, etc. You can't do that.

So, here is what the arbitrator will decide - you either treat TO like a player (allow him to attend the meetings, use the facilities, etc) and deactivate him on game day or you release him. You can't put him on the inactive list AND force him to stay away - that's a defacto suspension.

In fact, I guarantee this outcome. I'd say chances are better than 60/40 that TO is a free agent this season, with the 40% being the Eagles either take him back or find a financial settlement (I seriously doubt the latter).

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
The Eagles will never bring him back.
Reid will have major issues every time TO talks.
Your undermining the coach - who happens to be the GM also.
:suxiggle: :iggles: :trophy: :iggles: :suxiggle:

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Here's the issue -

CBA states that 4 games is the maximum allowed to suspend a player for conduct detrimental to the team. You can't use the inactive list to extend a suspension.

Yes, a team can deactivate whomever they want. However the Eagles are also trying to force TO from joining the team, using the facilities, etc. You can't do that.

So, here is what the arbitrator will decide - you either treat TO like a player (allow him to attend the meetings, use the facilities, etc) and deactivate him on game day or you release him. You can't put him on the inactive list AND force him to stay away - that's a defacto suspension.

In fact, I guarantee this outcome. I'd say chances are better than 60/40 that TO is a free agent this season, with the 40% being the Eagles either take him back or find a financial settlement (I seriously doubt the latter).

I'll guarantee that he will NOT be a FA before the season is over.

The arbitrator can NOT force a team to take an accelerated cap hit.

All that they can do is allow T.O. to use the facilities.

The Eagles can release T.O. on their own accord but the arbitrator can NOT force the Eagles to do ANYTHING.

Oh yes.....and lets not forget what his contract states.....there already is a cluse of "conduct detrimental to the team". If what he has done has met that, they CAN force him to do more than you think.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Nors said:

Question:

Would TO have appoligized if it were not going to cost him money?