TO - Trotter

dallasblue05

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Let's be truthful here, the reason TO is no longer with the team is Donovan McNabb. TO bruised his fragile ego. It isn't because he parked in the handicap space or because he fought with Hugh Douglas in the locker room. Trotter has a local radio show and has said many times that the players don't have any problems with Owens.

Anyway I think we're all Eagles' fans this weekend against the Giants. I'd like to see TO back with the team, he'll get them to 8-8 and might just help them beat the Giants and/or Commanders.

He wouldnt be playing anyway would he? He hasnt finished his 4 game suspension......and I think the arbitrator is deciding whether or not the eagles can deactivate him for the season.......even if the guy ruled in TOs favor, I still dont think he'd play.

dallasblue05

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan said:
Gulp...umm...umm......weird I agree with Nors.

If I'm TO.. I fire and blame my agent. TO could save face by saying he was acting on advice he received from his agent.

I'd love to see this......Drew Rosenhaus would need a "will work for food" sign withing a few years, lol. If TO dropped him, I dont see him getting any major clients for a while......that would be swell.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Here's the issue -

CBA states that 4 games is the maximum allowed to suspend a player for conduct detrimental to the team. You can't use the inactive list to extend a suspension.

Yes, a team can deactivate whomever they want. However the Eagles are also trying to force TO from joining the team, using the facilities, etc. You can't do that.

So, here is what the arbitrator will decide - you either treat TO like a player (allow him to attend the meetings, use the facilities, etc) and deactivate him on game day or you release him. You can't put him on the inactive list AND force him to stay away - that's a defacto suspension.

In fact, I guarantee this outcome. I'd say chances are better than 60/40 that TO is a free agent this season, with the 40% being the Eagles either take him back or find a financial settlement (I seriously doubt the latter).

I agree that the NFLPA nor the arbitrator can make the Eagles keep TO active. I agree that the Eagles will have to allow TO access to the facility and even practice him. Having said that, what will happen if the Eagles organization decides that TO will field punts and kick offs all day long? Do you think the Rosenhorsesarse will let TO participate in this, especially when he knows that the Eagles are not going to activate him? The best that can possibly happen, in that scenario is that TO manages to stay healthy the rest of the season. The worst is that he sustains a career threatening injury and is either done or places his chances of getting a decent contract in worse jeopardy then they already are. I think all this talk of TO being around the practice facility is BS. I don't see his agent allowing TO to take the chance for no reason. The first practice TO misses is going to be another suspension. As long as TO is getting paid, I think he stays away from Eagles camp entirely. If he shows up, he has to practice. If he practices, he could sustain injury. Simple as that IMO.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
junk said:
Really? I'll always like the Cowboys even if they do sign an all world turd like TO. I coped with that knucklehead Tyson Walter.

Heck, I'd still like 'em if they moved to L.A. (or anywhere else for that matter).

I certainly wouldn't ditch them for the Texans just because they make a move I don't like.

I'm a Cowboys fan.

That's good to know Junk, makes me feel all gushy inside.

If the Cowboys move to L.A. or sign Owens, im outy...

Why would I ever root for a team located in a city I have NEVER been too and have no ties with?
- Mike G.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Well, that's sad for you, I guess. I root for the uniform and the star, not the players. I can't stand TO, just as I couldn't stand Deion Sanders in 1994. But when he was on the field, he was a Cowboy, and that's good enough.

If, somehow, TO ends up here and is the good soldier that I expect him to be for the rest of the year, I will root for him and the Cowboys and our Superbowl will taste just as sweet.

Deion Sanders was never Deactivated for a game. Yeah, I know Keyshawn was, but Keyshawn never totally disrespected the Dallas Cowboys Star.

I will never root for him or nor any team he happens to be on, including the Cowboys.

I will just start paying more attention to the Mavericks and Stars, other two professional squads in my home town.

- Mike G.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
That's good to know Junk, makes me feel all gushy inside.

If the Cowboys move to L.A. or sign Owens, im outy...

Why would I ever root for a team located in a city I have NEVER been too and have no ties with?
- Mike G.

Not meant to make you feel "gushy". Just surprised more than anything. You have a terrific Cowboys site that obviously took a massive amount of work, but you'd drop them for the Texans because of TO or relocation? It just seemed awfully finicky and I was very surprised.

I was a Cowboys fan for years before visiting the city (of course, I had at least a state in between myself and the nearest football city on any side). Its certainly not the team being in Texas or being in Dallas that makes me a fan. Its also most certainly not the players since they change all the time and I have no control over it.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan said:
Gulp...umm...umm......weird I agree with Nors.

If I'm TO.. I fire and blame my agent. TO could save face by saying he was acting on advice he received from his agent.

sorry, but TO was a huge turd before Rosenhaus ever got involved with him

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
TheSkaven said:

In fact, I guarantee this outcome. I'd say chances are better than 60/40 that TO is a free agent this season, with the 40% being the Eagles either take him back or find a financial settlement (I seriously doubt the latter).

I guarantee you he wont be a free agent

David

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
He won't be a free agent this season.

He will be available in some capacity in the offseason. Eagles keep TO out for the year no sense bringing him back.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
I guarantee you he wont be a free agent
OK, call it a gentleman's bet then. He won't be declared a free agent by the arbiter, but the team will be forced to allow him to use all facilities, attend all meetings, etc. even if he is deactivated, and that will be enough to force Philly's hand and release him.