Today Was A Nice Win But Can't See How We Beat The Giants..

Reaction score
Hate to be doom and gloom here after a nice victory but I got to keep things in prespective as well.

I just don't think the Cowboys have what it takes to beat the Giants.

The Giants were all over Big Ben today, sacking him five times and hitting him several more times.

How do you think the statue Brad Johnson will do? 12 sacks?

I just don't see how the Cowboys are going to generate enough of points to beat the Giants who are 6-1.

The Cowboys defense played well but it wasn't like the Bucs have are world beaters on offense even though the media was kiss'n butt all week.

The Cowboys defense will once again be limping into this Giants game probably without Henry which means that Jenkins will be matched up with Plax and Scandrick will be the other starter. OH BOY! On top of that Alan Ball will become the nickle. Love to see him try to tackle the moose of a back in Jacobs. Ouch!

I don't know but this game Giant game will probably get ugly quick. I also think that we will be back into the same boat as last week against the Rams, scratching our heads and calling for the head of Wade Philips.

If you have kids, you may not want them to watch this game. Could be a blood-bath.

I do hold a glimmer of hope but..............

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I don't think we win either. Just don't think Brad Johnson packs enough punch.

But games like today show why you show up and take the chance. The Giants' defense is playing well, but their offense looks out of rhythm. If we come out and play defense like today and minimize our mistakes offensively, we can at least be in the game late.

And from there, who knows?

Reaction score
RainMan;2376902 said:
I don't think we win either. Just don't think Brad Johnson packs enough punch.

But games like today show why you show up and take the chance. The Giants' defense is playing well, but their offense looks out of rhythm. If we come out and play defense like today and minimize our mistakes offensively, we can at least be in the game late.

And from there, who knows?

I agree to some degree but the giants struggled against the #1 defense in football, well at least that was what they were saying during the game.

BadKarma

Reaction score
With Brad Johnson, I exepect a lot of 3 and outs. Giants are going to try and score quickly and blitz a ton. The only way we stay in this game is if our defense comes up with turnovers. I don't see much from the offense or special teams in this game. :(

Reaction score
BadKarma;2376914 said:
With Brad Johnson, I exepect a lot of 3 and outs. Giants are going to try and score quickly and blitz a ton. The only way we stay in this game is if our defense comes up with turnovers. I don't see much from the offense or special teams in this game. :(

That's the problem, our defense are not getting turnovers. I think we rank 31 in that catagory.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2376909 said:
I agree to some degree but the giants struggled against the #1 defense in football, well at least that was what they were saying during the game.

And then there was the Browns game not too long ago ... they've been somewhat up and down lately. They will easily expose our defense if we don't show up. But if we play with the passion and execution of today, and have as well called of a game plan, then our defense should at least be able to keep us in the game.

ddh33

Reaction score
Who knows? That's why they play the games. No offense intended at all, but if only fans would watch the games instead of script the season, things might be a little lighter around here at times...

Anyway, I think the Giants are likely to be too strong for the Cowboys. But what today's win did was allow the Cowboys to stay in the thick of things without exactly having to run the table.

Reaction score
RainMan;2376921 said:
And then there was the Browns game not too long ago ... they've been somewhat up and down lately. They will easily expose our defense if we don't show up. But if we play with the passion and execution of today, and have as well called of a game plan, then our defense should at least be able to keep us in the game.

But the Cowboys will be facing a better QB and WR combo than they did today against the Bucs. Again, don't like our chances with Jenkins, Scandrick and Ball as our CB's.

Also, can't see the Cowboys getting much pressure against Eli because of the Giants offensive line has been very stout to say the least.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2376934 said:
But the Cowboys will be facing a better QB and WR combo than they did today against the Bucs. Again, don't like our chances with Jenkins, Scandrick and Ball as our CB's.

Also, can't see the Cowboys getting much pressure against Eli because of the Giants offensive line has been very stout to say the least.

Well, I'm not in position to claim Garcia isn't very good. I stated a few days ago he scared the living crap out of me as he has historically done pretty well against us, and we tend to struggle against QBs that can move out of the target (or at least, it appears that way to me).

Eli is still very erratic. If we give him all day in the pocket, he'll eat us alive. Game over. But if we're as active in the front 7 as we were today, I think he'll begin to look skittish and our secondary will therefore look better.

Reaction score
ddh33;2376933 said:
Who knows? That's why they play the games. No offense intended at all, but if only fans would watch the games instead of script the season, things might be a little lighter around here at times...

Anyway, I think the Giants are likely to be too strong for the Cowboys. But what today's win did was allow the Cowboys to stay in the thick of things without exactly having to run the table.

No offense taken. Look, Brad Johnson is as bad of a QB that I have seen in some time. Garrett still can't get this offense going, some not all is his fault.

Again, TB are not the Giants! We just don't have the horses to hang with the G-men.

Reaction score
RainMan;2376937 said:
Well, I'm not in position to claim Garcia isn't very good. I stated a few days ago he scared the living crap out of me as he has historically done pretty well against us, and we tend to struggle against QBs that can move out of the target (or at least, it appears that way to me).

Eli is still very erratic. If we give him all day in the pocket, he'll eat us alive. Game over. But if we're as active in the front 7 as we were today, I think he'll begin to look skittish and our secondary will therefore look better.

To be honest, I said that we would beat the Bucs who are now 1-8 against us in Texas. The last time they won in Dallas, Brad Johnson was their QB.

The Giants offense keep Eli clean. Our defense played well today, granted, but the Bucs offense is slightly above average.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2376939 said:
No offense taken. Look, Brad Johnson is as bad of a QB that I have seen in some time. Garrett still can't get this offense going, some not all is his fault.

Again, TB are not the Giants! We just don't have the horses to hang with the G-men.

I don't hold Garrett accountable for this Johnson-led offense.

We're not a run-first team and struggle to get the ground game going when the passing game isn't going bonkers. But Johnson isn't good enough to spark much of a passing attack.

If anything, I liked that Garrett seemed to shorten the play calls for Johnson, letting him do more of his dinking and dunking. There were wide-open TD passes to Curtis and Owens that Johnson simply missed.

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
I didn't think we could beat the Bucs. But I do know that if we get the same pressure on Eli that we got on Garcia, there will be turnovers.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cowboys have a chance to win this game. It all starts with the quarterback. Through 2 weeks he's improved every week. I expect Brad Johnson to do it again next week. I'm not worried about Brad Johnson though. I'm worried about the o-line. The Roethlisberger got beat up today due to his o-line. I just hope the o-line plays out of their mind or well to their capabilities because Brad is going to need it.

Reaction score
RainMan;2376950 said:
I don't hold Garrett accountable for this Johnson-led offense.

We're not a run-first team and struggle to get the ground game going when the passing game isn't going bonkers. But Johnson isn't good enough to spark much of a passing attack.

If anything, I liked that Garrett seemed to shorten the play calls for Johnson, letting him do more of his dinking and dunking. There were wide-open TD passes to Curtis and Owens that Johnson simply missed.

We should be a run-first team especially with Brad Johnson out there. Garrett needs to be more creative with the short-comings of Brad. More slants, bubble screens, etc...

We need to find a better way to get the ball in Owens, RW's hands because asking BJ to throw the ball more than 10 yards is asking for way to much.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Gadget plays galore, all those supposed wrinkles we were supposed to see in last year's playoff game need to be employed now.

Reaction score
ChrisCanty99;2376956 said:
I didn't think we could beat the Bucs. But I do know that if we get the same pressure on Eli that we got on Garcia, there will be turnovers.

Turnovers, Turnovers....... :lmao2: (Just like the Mora Playoff rant).

Reaction score
rocyaice;2376963 said:
Cowboys have a chance to win this game. It all starts with the quarterback. Through 2 weeks he's improved every week. I expect Brad Johnson to do it again next week. I'm not worried about Brad Johnson though. I'm worried about the o-line. The Roethlisberger got beat up today due to his o-line. I just hope the o-line plays out of their mind or well to their capabilities because Brad is going to need it.

:pray: I will pray for you. Are you serious?