Today Was A Nice Win But Can't See How We Beat The Giants..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dueyhemlock;2377460 said:
Pressure is the way to keep us in this game. The Giants O-line might be better than the Bucks, but Eli is nowhere near as evasive (mobile) as Garcia.

Factor in no Shockey security blanket for Eli and it starts to look more favorable.

Our front 7 is key to keeping us in this game by shutting down the run and getting after Eli. If Eli has no time than he can't expose our weakness (young and depleted secondary).

The MAIN problem with this game is going to be special teams. The Giants can do some damage there.

I agree and the one thing we can't do that Pitt did 3 times is turn the ball over. NY was playing in Pitt territory for most of the game due to turning the ball over.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
I don't see us having much chance in NY this week, unless the Giants somehow implode themselves. In fact, with the Giants pass rush, it could get real ugly.

This'll mean that Romo's first week back in Washington will be a definite must win game.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Bach;2377477 said:
I don't see us having much chance in NY this week, unless the Giants somehow implode themselves. In fact, with the Giants pass rush, it could get real ugly.

This'll mean that Romo's first week back in Washington will be a definite must win game.
I agree which is why the Tampa win was so important. Who knows with the Giants pass rush we might see Bollinger at some point, at least he has the Arm to get the Ball downfield and the Mobility as well.

Kalyan

Reaction score
Gaints have the perfect formula for winning the superbowl. Thier OL/DL are playing better than anyone else.

Especially their OL, they are giving Eli lots of time. They are approaching the status of NE teams of OL during their Super Bowl years.

The only chance we have is if hit Eli constantly and put him under pressure through out the game but I don't think our DL can do that against Gainsts OL

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ykc;2377616 said:
Gaints have the perfect formula for winning the superbowl. Thier OL/DL are playing better than anyone else.

Especially their OL, they are giving Eli lots of time. They are approaching the status of NE teams of OL during their Super Bowl years.

The only chance we have is if hit Eli constantly and put him under pressure through out the game but I don't think our DL can do that against Gainsts OL

I guess we will find out. NY has not played a tough schedule to this point so I don't know how they will do. They did not look like world beater vs Cleveland, Pitt or SF last week. I think the Giants are good but not ready to concede anything to them right now

Kalyan

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2377642 said:
I guess we will find out. NY has not played a tough schedule to this point so I don't know how they will do. They did not look like world beater vs Cleveland, Pitt or SF last week. I think the Giants are good but not ready to concede anything to them right now

I agree, that is why they play the game correct? Our defense line played very emotional and inspired, if they do that next week, i am sure they will find a way to get through their OL and pressure Eli, but will they? we will find out Sunday

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2377419 said:
We will be underdog but yes we can win the game. Sorry just get tired of hearing what this team can't do. We have the talent to win this game if they play as a team.

You can't win every week when your QB throws for 122 yards.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
As much as I'd like to think that the key to winning against the Giants is the play of Johnson, our poor tackling has me even more concerned. Both Jacobs and Bradshaw will run through you if you don't use the proper techniques. I have not seen good tackling from this team on a consistent basis yet and this may be the game that it burns us badly. (even more than St. Louis).

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2377740 said:

You can win when you are not making big mistakes. Yesterday NY was not that impressive and the week before vs SF the Giants did not look unbeatable. For Dallas to win and we can win is by the defense stepping up and keeping this game close. If they can do that then we have a shot at winning.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2377740 said:

I would go so far as to say you can't win 49 out of 50 weeks with this offensive performance. The defense played their guts out and Tampa bailed us out with some stupid penalties .... but this was the lowest total yards by an offense in Cowboys history, breaking a record that had stood for nearly 30 years. Think about that .. worse than any game in the late 80's. Worse than any games quarterbacked in the early 2000's. That's just mind boggling.

It was a fluke win. I'll take it, but it was a fluke.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2377959 said:
I would go so far as to say you can't win 49 out of 50 weeks with this offensive performance. The defense played their guts out and Tampa bailed us out with some stupid penalties .... but this was the lowest total yards by an offense in Cowboys history, breaking a record that had stood for nearly 30 years. Think about that .. worse than any game in the late 80's. Worse than any games quarterbacked in the early 2000's. That's just mind boggling.

It wasn't a fluke. Now it wasn't pretty but it was a gutsy win where the team willed itself to the lead and a victory.

Eddie

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2377959 said:

Wow ... come to think about it, we had better offensive performances under QC, Hutch, Ryan Leaf, Drew Bleedslow, and Vinny Green Testicles.

That's a scary thought.

WG5516

Reaction score
DANG... Nate Newton was right, the fans don't enjoy the wins anymore. This thread SO could have waited until Tues or even Wed.

Powerdad23

Reaction score
The Cowboys have better talent man for man than the Giants...If the Boys "Show Up" they'll win.

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2377959 said:

:bow:

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
We pulled out a tough one and proved something to ourselves. We can win without our stars being on the field. That to me shows a lot about the character that this team might be developing. I think it helped us a lot that our rookies were out there playing. To me they seem like the only ones that are staring the odds in the face and still playing like they are gonna win.

We of all people should know that when it comes to playing in our division anything can happen. You just never know in these big division rivalries. They don't say any given sunday for nothing. Besides, are we really that big of an under dog? Are we really not gonna put up 150 yards? Lets have some faith fellas. Brad won't loose this game for us, and that really all you can ask of a backup.

Reaction score
ABQcowboyJR;2379359 said:
We pulled out a tough one and proved something to ourselves. We can win without our stars being on the field. That to me shows a lot about the character that this team might be developing. I think it helped us a lot that our rookies were out there playing. To me they seem like the only ones that are staring the odds in the face and still playing like they are gonna win.

We of all people should know that when it comes to playing in our division anything can happen. You just never know in these big division rivalries. They don't say any given sunday for nothing. Besides, are we really that big of an under dog? Are we really not gonna put up 150 yards? Lets have some faith fellas. Brad won't loose this game for us, and that really all you can ask of a backup.

We proved that we can beat an over-hyped team. The media made TB out to be this great offense.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
90% of the time in the NFL, the team that shows up hungry wins. The season is so long it's hard to keep up the intensity. The Boys were definitely up against TB and flat against STL. The Giants were flat against CLE.

If the Boys can come out and do some damage early, they can rattle Eli into a couple mistakes. Effort and instensity are the key. Eliminating stupid mistakes and turnovers are next.

Reaction score
bkight13;2379606 said:
90% of the time in the NFL, the team that shows up hungry wins. The season is so long it's hard to keep up the intensity. The Boys were definitely up against TB and flat against STL. The Giants were flat against CLE.

If the Boys can come out and do some damage early, they can rattle Eli into a couple mistakes. Effort and instensity are the key. Eliminating stupid mistakes and turnovers are next.

No doubt! good Post!

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2379524 said:
We proved that we can beat an over-hyped team. The media made TB out to be this great offense.
Good lord. TB is overhyped? All week on this board and in the media I saw nothing but how good TB is. They were a playoff team last year and now since we beat them they are overhyped. Had they won this game I wonder if they would still be overhyped to you? Me thinks not. We beat a good solid football team period.