Today Was A Nice Win But Can't See How We Beat The Giants..

burmafrd

Reaction score
The O Line will have to play its best game of the season and the D will have to be AT LEAST as good as today for us to be IN that game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2376988 said:
:pray: I will pray for you. Are you serious?

Of course. Why do you ask that? Because I think the o-line is going to have to play well in order for us to win?

utrunner07

Reaction score
burmafrd;2376991 said:
The O Line will have to play its best game of the season and the D will have to be AT LEAST as good as today for us to be IN that game.

The only other thing I want to see from our D next week is at least 1 pick 6. And the way our corners were playing today and the way Sheli throws the ball sometimes, and as much as we are due, I think this is going to happen.

dre1614

Reaction score
Aikbach;2376972 said:
Gadget plays galore, all those supposed wrinkles we were supposed to see in last year's playoff game need to be employed now.

I don't think Garrett really likes Gadget plays. The only thing we have seen that resembles gadget plays are the weird end around to Felix, and that reverse to Crayton and pass.

From what I observe Garrett is the type of guy who thinks execution beats out trying to catch the defense off guard. I mean we probably run the normal plays 95% of the time in practice, so the execution will be better obviously, than the gadget plays.

I don't however want to turn into a Sean Payton offense too gimmicky for my liking.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
If our defense can work the magic that it did today and conjure the Eli Manning of old, we will have a fighting chance.

Reaction score
utrunner07;2377001 said:
The only other thing I want to see from our D next week is at least 1 pick 6. And the way our corners were playing today and the way Sheli throws the ball sometimes, and as much as we are due, I think this is going to happen.

:lmao2: :lmao2: And how many picks do the Cowboys have? Don't expect much.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2377008 said:
:lmao2: :lmao2: And how many picks do the Cowboys have? Don't expect much.

Did you watch the game today? The rookies were getting close...and like I said, we are due.

Reaction score
utrunner07;2377015 said:
Did you watch the game today? The rookies were getting close...and like I said, we are due.

No offense but close isn't enough. They dropped at least two picks today.

Hey, I like Jenkins and Scandrick but I'd like them more if Newman were healthy. I don't like the idea of having two rookies starting, well, three if you count Ball.

nathanlt

Reaction score
RainMan;2376902 said:
I don't think we win either. Just don't think Brad Johnson packs enough punch.

But games like today show why you show up and take the chance. The Giants' defense is playing well, but their offense looks out of rhythm. If we come out and play defense like today and minimize our mistakes offensively, we can at least be in the game late.

And from there, who knows?

The only shot Dallas has winning with Brad Johnson, is one offensive TD from him, a stellar defensive effort ALL game, several field goals, and one defensive or special teams TD.

I think Dallas has a better shot with a QB who can throw a pass beyond 15 yards with even moderate accuracy. Brooks Bollinger adds to the risk of a pick, but would definitely put the medium and deep passes back on the list of plays the offense can call.

Dallas offense is limited to a run game combined with a passing game that ends 10 yards from the line of scrimmage with Brad Johnson. I think Dallas needs more than that against the Giants. They sure pulled out a HUGE win today, scraped by with an ugly W I think we'll all take.

Our only realistic hope against the Giants is to put Bollinger in there, even if only for a few plays, like 3rd and long for example!

silver

Reaction score
rocyaice;2376963 said:
Cowboys have a chance to win this game. It all starts with the quarterback. Through 2 weeks he's improved every week. I expect Brad Johnson to do it again next week. I'm not worried about Brad Johnson though. I'm worried about the o-line. The Roethlisberger got beat up today due to his o-line. I just hope the o-line plays out of their mind or well to their capabilities because Brad is going to need it.

i must have missed the improvement on brad's part. other than holding onto the football he pretty much played crappo football. the only chance we got is that the gnats overlook us and we sneak up on them. playing brad is not giving me much hope though. it's a tough place to pull out a win with all our starters. we'll be missing 5 or 6 starters including the most important player in our team. but hey, "Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all".- Dale Carnegie

cowboyed

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2376909 said:
I agree to some degree but the giants struggled against the #1 defense in football, well at least that was what they were saying during the game.

Ok you expect any team to struggle against a number one defense including the Giants. We are far from being a No. 1 defense although we played outstandingly against the Bucs who by the way are not as offensively strong as the Giants.

Our defense will have to play just as effectively against the Giants but our offense will have to step up and that doesn't look promising right now with Brad Johnson being limited.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2376896 said:
Hate to be doom and gloom here after a nice victory but I got to keep things in prespective as well.

I just don't think the Cowboys have what it takes to beat the Giants.

The Giants were all over Big Ben today, sacking him five times and hitting him several more times.

How do you think the statue Brad Johnson will do? 12 sacks?

I just don't see how the Cowboys are going to generate enough of points to beat the Giants who are 6-1.

The Cowboys defense played well but it wasn't like the Bucs have are world beaters on offense even though the media was kiss'n butt all week.

The Cowboys defense will once again be limping into this Giants game probably without Henry which means that Jenkins will be matched up with Plax and Scandrick will be the other starter. OH BOY! On top of that Alan Ball will become the nickle. Love to see him try to tackle the moose of a back in Jacobs. Ouch!

I don't know but this game Giant game will probably get ugly quick. I also think that we will be back into the same boat as last week against the Rams, scratching our heads and calling for the head of Wade Philips.

If you have kids, you may not want them to watch this game. Could be a blood-bath.

I do hold a glimmer of hope but..............

Honestly, I did not think Brad could beat Tampa........therefore, who knows?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I doubt we win too, but stranger things have happened.

I think the defense first and foremost has to have a huge game, we have to stop the run and force some turnovers. Offensively we have to find a way to protect Johnson and avoid turnovers ourselves.

Even if we lose, if we avoid more injuries and get healthy coming out of the bye that will a major "win" for us.

cowboyed

Reaction score
dbair1967;2377333 said:
I doubt we win too, but stranger things have happened.

I think the defense first and foremost has to have a huge game, we have to stop the run and force some turnovers. Offensively we have to find a way to protect Johnson and avoid turnovers ourselves.

Even if we lose, if we avoid more injuries and get healthy coming out of the bye that will a major "win" for us.

Why not start Brooks Bollinger dbair. I know he is an unknown commodity for us to some degree so he should be for the Giants as well. He is mobile and has a good arm and is an experienced veteran. More than likely he is more prone to turn the ball over than Brad but he can get it deep with some pace.

Just wondering if the team will have the Giants thinking Brad when in actuality they may bring in Bollinger or hopefully a more functional Romo.
I believe the Giants will smother and collapse a Johnson led offense and to top it off we still have serious issues with special teams giving opponents excellent field position.

Our defense will have a daunting task getting to Eli considering their offensive line is more effective than the BUCS and they have a power running game. We saw what the Rams did with Stephen Jackson.

To me not only does our defense have to contain the Giants particularly against the run but we have to get off to a prolific offensive start and maintain it throughout the game.

Regardless if Brad limits turning the ball over it just seems insane to saddle up with his limitations. Also Brad came close to throwing a few interceptions himself in the last few games.

Surely our coaches are more aware of our current shortcomings than we fans are and will address it.

aikemirv

Reaction score
The way to beat the Giants is to turn some of those tips and batted balls into TO's and TD's.

The Ginats D is impressive but the Steelers Oline is a mess too so I don't know how much you can take from that.

One nice thing I saw yesterday from our Oline was an actual push on running plays. We don't see that much.

I don't think Bollinger can be any worse than Johnson as far as hitting the open guy but I am concerned that he might have more TO's and there is no way we beat them if we lose the turnover battle. At this point though, you might as well cut Johnson because, he provides you no chance to win big games. He really is awful.

One thing we learned from the Pittsburgh game is that given time, their secondary is very vulnerable. If our defense plays like they did yesterday we will be in the game next week and we will win most of the rest when Romo gets back.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2376896 said:
Hate to be doom and gloom here after a nice victory but I got to keep things in prespective as well.

I just don't think the Cowboys have what it takes to beat the Giants.

The Giants were all over Big Ben today, sacking him five times and hitting him several more times.

How do you think the statue Brad Johnson will do? 12 sacks?

I just don't see how the Cowboys are going to generate enough of points to beat the Giants who are 6-1.

The Cowboys defense played well but it wasn't like the Bucs have are world beaters on offense even though the media was kiss'n butt all week.

The Cowboys defense will once again be limping into this Giants game probably without Henry which means that Jenkins will be matched up with Plax and Scandrick will be the other starter. OH BOY! On top of that Alan Ball will become the nickle. Love to see him try to tackle the moose of a back in Jacobs. Ouch!

I don't know but this game Giant game will probably get ugly quick. I also think that we will be back into the same boat as last week against the Rams, scratching our heads and calling for the head of Wade Philips.

If you have kids, you may not want them to watch this game. Could be a blood-bath.

I do hold a glimmer of hope but..............

We will be underdog but yes we can win the game. Sorry just get tired of hearing what this team can't do. We have the talent to win this game if they play as a team.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Pressure is the way to keep us in this game. The Giants O-line might be better than the Bucks, but Eli is nowhere near as evasive (mobile) as Garcia.

Factor in no Shockey security blanket for Eli and it starts to look more favorable.

Our front 7 is key to keeping us in this game by shutting down the run and getting after Eli. If Eli has no time than he can't expose our weakness (young and depleted secondary).

The MAIN problem with this game is going to be special teams. The Giants can do some damage there.